Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I really hope Heyman doesn't turn on Brock. It makes no sense AT ALL.

"Why yes, I'll stab Brock Lesnar - the guy who ended the streak, the Undisputed Heavyweight champion, the former UFC champion, the guy who murdered WWE poster child John Cena - in the back to manage Seth Rollins - the guy with the Money in the Bank briefcase who can't win a match to save his life. I'm also mentally handicapped."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

oatgan posted:

He betrayed a young and unstoppable Brock Lesnar to manage Big Show and The A Train once

And it would still make more sense for him to betray Brock Lesnar for Big Show over Seth Rollins, at least Big Show is pushed as some kind of threat.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Do you think Cena is ever embarrassed wearing that stuff? Like he's nearly 40, does he ever stare down at the 8 neon-coloured sweat bands he has on, and shake his head sadly as he folds his NEVER GIVE UP towel?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'd love to see Taker/Bray because I love Bray. Him beating Taker would be rad as hell.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I hope the Wyatt family interact with each other at the Rumble, curious to see what would happen (I'd hope they don't go the obvious route of a team up on Rowan but that's probably what would happen).

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I enjoyed that NAO as champions. First off the belts are worthless who cares. Secondly they were actually entertaining unlike the Usos (when we say U ya'll say WHY?!). They actually had character, it was insane. I never got tired of Road Dogg getting hit with a crazy move then shouting at the announce team "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" And I wasn't even around for their original run so no nostalgia here.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I want to watch a Rumble, what's the best one in the last 10 years?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I will watch 2007 then 2011. Thanks!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Oh my God, just loaded up the 2007 Rumble, and the opening promo has pretty much everyone declaring how they're going to win. A sizable chunk of the roster.

This year, I can really only remember Bryan and Wyatt stating they're gonna win. Maybe Big Show too? Man that's weak.

EDIT: Ah here comes Finlay! Mega fond memories already!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Red posted:

WWE Discussion is 'Remember when we could get excited about the Royal Rumble?'

Haha yeah. I mean if the wrestlers aren't excited for it, why should we be? Those guys should be talking about the Rumble for MONTHS.

Three quarters through 2007 Rumble. I miss Shawn Michaels now.

EDIT: Great Khali has brought this Rumble to a HALT with the worst headbutts I've ever witnessed

Alan_Shore fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 23, 2015

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Rumble 08 is better than 07. Love the Garden, what a venue!

Random thoughts:
- Loved Foley and Dreamer getting massive pops
- Loved CM Punk laughing with joy at Piper/Snuka. That whole segment was fun
- KENNEDY gets a massive pop, I forgot how over he was for a while
- the five man commentary actual works really well. Miss Tazz and JR and Styles, now that would be a good team
- loving Hardcore Holly comes right in and boots Shawn Michaels right in the face, hurting him. You can see Shawn talking to the ref after holding his face for ages. gently caress Holly
- I miss Shawn Michaels
- Carlito was cool here
- Foley should have won
-Overall a fantastic Rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hahaha I've never heard a such a huge pop turn into such HUGE boos when Cena comes out.

Oh My god Cena's here! Oh gently caress Cena's here! :gonk:

WWE Universe: hating Cena since 2008 (2007 (2006))

• Locked thread