Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Lara Flynn Boyle's regal, entitled attitude kept in check and unable to influence production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Maybe Agent Mulder can dress like a goddamn man this time JFC

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
No one has cel phones or the internet.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

someone to do this

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
People like Portlandia, both that and Twin Peaks take place in the Pacific Northwest, and both feature Kyle MacLachlan. I'm thinking here, I'm thinking... I'm seeing Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen, vacationing in Twin Peaks... maybe they go around saying "Put an owl on it"??? I see some kooky misunderstandings. I'm seeing the Stus Stews characters from Portlandia, possessed by spirits, under a strobe, cracking wise about scrimshaw and other old timey arts & crafts hobbies. Let's ditch the original score and get Gold Panda to whip something fresh up. The bookstore ladies get a visit from the giant and just aren't having any of his nonsense! This is good, this is really good! We need to start writin... oh, the show's been cancelled? Well, at least I still have my IFC show, about kids who don't quite fit in, to fall back on.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

mysterious frankie posted:

People like Portlandia, both that and Twin Peaks take place in the Pacific Northwest, and both feature Kyle MacLachlan. I'm thinking here, I'm thinking... I'm seeing Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen, vacationing in Twin Peaks... maybe they go around saying "Put an owl on it"??? I see some kooky misunderstandings. I'm seeing the Stus Stews characters from Portlandia, possessed by spirits, under a strobe, cracking wise about scrimshaw and other old timey arts & crafts hobbies. Let's ditch the original score and get Gold Panda to whip something fresh up. The bookstore ladies get a visit from the giant and just aren't having any of his nonsense! This is good, this is really good! We need to start writin... oh, the show's been cancelled? Well, at least I still have my IFC show, about kids who don't quite fit in, to fall back on.

portlandia's first season was great when it just ripped into those kinds of retards, but then it became dog poo poo.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Concerned Citizen posted:

i hope both peaks are there op

god willing this drat environment holds out long enough to deliver unto us what's promised in the title.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

nope, somehow she's just as hot as she was

http://sherilynshines.blogspot.com/

dang for some reason i thought she got ugly but she's milfy as gently caress

you can never be sure how well a woman's gonna age but she's still got it

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

-like, can we get fewer trees in this new season? I mean, come on.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

-like, can we get fewer trees in this new season? I mean, come on.

everyone will have cell phones and there will be no way to build tension

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Neurosis posted:

dang for some reason i thought she got ugly but she's milfy as gently caress

you can never be sure how well a woman's gonna age but she's still got it

i'm very happy she'll be back. twin peaks without audrey horne, no thanks.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Jerry Sienfield is the ghost of Laura Palmer.

"Im wearing a wig and washing up on a shore wrapped in plastic! Whats the deal with that?"

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

everyone will have cell phones and there will be no way to build tension

people can randomly scream for no reason.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
agent cooper walking out of a bathroom after 25 years and going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfS_2UGftg

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
for it to be a good show and not twin peaks

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Daedra posted:

wow so edgy

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Daedra posted:

you probably can't even afford premium channels.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

hashtags

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Margatsni

MantisToboggan
Feb 1, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

Maybe Agent Mulder can dress like a goddamn man this time JFC

Since they're bringing back the X-Files just combine both shows into one. Mulder will be dressed in drag but no one ever comments on it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

another peak

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

MantisToboggan posted:

Since they're bringing back the X-Files just combine both shows into one. Mulder will be dressed in drag but no one ever comments on it.

Whoa... the xfiles is coming back?!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BigBoss posted:

No one has cel phones or the internet.

god that would be nice

I'm hoping that Lynch's directorial integrity will prevent too much of that poo poo from being shoehorned in from every angle

that new X-Files is going to be jam packed with it and it's going to suck huge balls

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

are you guys yanking my chain or is the x-files really coming back???

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SplitSoul posted:

are you guys yanking my chain or is the x-files really coming back???

fox said it wants to bring it back in an official press release yesterday

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Daedra posted:

Yes, please make the new show Twin Peaks Ice Road Truckers.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
gay dudes

gay ladies optional, but appreciated

no gay dogs though

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Broenheim posted:

gay dudes

gay ladies optional, but appreciated

no gay dogs though

Why no gay dogs? Who else will wear dog bandannas?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

Why no gay dogs? Who else will wear dog bandannas?

Straight dogs

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

TOILETLORD posted:

fox said it wants to bring it back in an official press release yesterday

I'm entirely ok with this, even if I understand it to be another piece of evidence that the entertainment industry deems my generation is old enough to sell childhood nostalgia to, and therefore I am that much closer to death.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

I'm entirely ok with this, even if I understand it to be another piece of evidence that the entertainment industry deems my generation is old enough to sell childhood nostalgia to, and therefore I am that much closer to death.

i would like it if they got the original writing team for supernatural to write new episodes of x-files

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Maybe in the new season Mulder and Scully can investigate who pushed a old decrepit me down a flight of stairs (spoiler: I fell down the stairs on my own, because my body grew to weak to ferry me to and fro dialysis).

TOILETLORD posted:

i would like it if they got the original writing team for supernatural to write new episodes of x-files

Didn't James Wong write a bunch of Supernatural?

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 20, 2015

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Maybe in the new season Mulder and Scully can investigate who pushed a old decrepit me down a flight of stairs (spoiler: I fell down the stairs on my own, because my body grew to weak to ferry me to and fro dialysis).

Didn't James Wong write a bunch of Supernatural?

no idea i watched the whole series when i took a week off from work it all blends together

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I hope one entire episode is dedicated to Lara Flynn Boyle stuffing her face with a lot of various and fattening foods, obviously doughnuts are a good choice

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

mdm posted:

I hope one entire episode is dedicated to Lara Flynn Boyle stuffing her face with a lot of various and fattening foods, obviously doughnuts are a good choice

only if she tongues the hole

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Of course, it can't just be her politely eating the food, it's gotta be interesting for the whole 40 minutes so they'll have to get creative

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I just want more of the weirdness. The narrative doesn't have to be DBZ levels godly if it just remains off kilter and bizarre. I want coop monologuing happily into a tape recorder. I want FRESH, HOT coffee. I want to watch coop eat a slice of that amazing cherry pie. I want to watch someone's arms bend back. I want midgets. And giants. I want jazz and rock. I want a down to earth small town mentality and the strangeness and evil that lies beneath. u kno?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I want more of Audrey's retarded brother. And Jerry eating sandwiches and cheese pigs.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Gatekeeper posted:

I want more of Audrey's retarded brother.

oh man i hope he has a dugpa double like the ancient hotel waiter. also he should act the exact same in the black lodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STONE OF MADNESS
Dec 28, 2012

PVTREFACTIO

texasmed posted:

jigglin' titties

• Locked thread