Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afr0xwde0Aw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
"Oh gosh almighty, he's pulling that door right off the hinges!"

"........ woohoo"

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ramsus posted:

Yeah it was almost perfect. Just needed to do some of the blood right and change the mamas name

I don' t think they should make live action actors try to force their mouths into the comic book character's permanent face-warping scowl because actual human lips don't make that shape and his attempt at reproducing it for Dredd looked dumb like he was pouting or something. The character would still have plenty of "attitude" if the director had let him keep it to a Clint Eastwood Man With No Name level scowl plus it would leave the actor room to really really scowl for the climax ending where he kills the villain

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nutsngum posted:

proof of concept easily claims dumb opinion of the thread post

I think I'm gonna cry

*lip trembling*
excuse me
*turns away*
*sobs*

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

DREDD was probably the best action film of the past decade. It is a national tragedy that it didn't do well enough at the box office to warrant a sequel.
You know that Almost Human was gonna be a DREDD tv series but after the movie flopped they hastily retooled it into a buddy cop show?

I liked Dredd a lot, saw it in theaters and everything, I just think his frown looks forced :shrug:
it sucks that it bombed so badly. I'd like to see a sequel that isn't confined to a single building because the setting looks neat
I mean I guess I could read the comics but gently caress that

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

The comics are awesome sorry you're missing out.

haven't they been running for like 40 years at this point? The setting isn't interesting enough for me to dive into that backlog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

Did you fine US chaps get ridiculously censored versions of RoboCop like we did in the UK?

Honestly the only thing that lifts the movie above its already lofty place in the annals of cinema is dialogue like "Ladies leave!"

”You burnt the frekin money! It’s as good as marked, you dipstick. You stupid, stupid asshead!”

that's the sort of thing we get when they want to show R rated movies on regular TV

• Locked thread