Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Seriouspost went and saw Selma. It was okay but had pacing issues. I didn't buy their LBJ because he doesn't pull out his dick even once.

I also spent the whole day judging ppl by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Is it true they made LBJ the bad guy? Because lol if thats true.

I'd describe him as more a "foil" than outright bad guy as depicted in the movie, saying MLK was gunning for too much too fast and he couldn't do it politically.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

red state bait posted:

goons are racists

edit: is selma good though, for real?

It's getting great reviews, I personally found it middle-of-the-road. I'm not a cinema pro like the Current Releases guys so I can't write you an essay on why, save that I felt the pacing was a bit off and the dialogue often felt a little stilted. Also it's a real fuckin' bummer and opens with the church bombing, which I guess reflects the subject matter but don't go in if you're not ready to feel some badness.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

duck monster posted:

I stayed away from balconies.

Yeah, I also avoided racist-rear end American Snipers.

• Locked thread