Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm watching The Giver movie because I read the book when I was younger, and why the hell not. In this movie the way people clap has me literally laughing out loud because it is ridiculous. They ball up their right fist, then slap their thigh with their left hand. Except it sounds like normal clapping. WTF lol who writes this poo poo, because it wasn't in the book.

Also itt we talk about dumb poo poo in movies that wasn't in the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
The dude getting eaten on the pooper, by the t-rex, in Jurassic Park.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

KillTylerDurden posted:

The dude getting eaten on the pooper, by the t-rex, in Jurassic Park.

what was he eaten by in the book

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
not seen the movie but i've seen the giver jpeg

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Nuthin. The lawyer got to live, but the rich ol' man got eaten by the tiny chicken dinos that weren't even in the movie.

Also math dude died but got retconned in the second book, total bullshit.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Phobic Nest posted:

Nuthin. The lawyer got to live, but the rich ol' man got eaten by the tiny chicken dinos that weren't even in the movie.

Yeah, John Hammond was eaten by the Compies and exclaimed, "Oh, balls," as he saw his death approaching. God only knows why this scene was not in the movie

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Katie holmes looked like they had to wake her up from her sarcophagus every day in that movie

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Phobic Nest posted:

Also, the "clever girl" hunter dude lived in the book.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
They made a movie from that book? I read that poo poo in the 5th grade all I remember is that it's dystopian and some old dude is the giver

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Honestly, I can't see the title The Giver without thinking of the goatman

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

this made me more mad than it should have. hey let's leave easily broken ribs exposed while fighting thats a well thought out thing

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Knyteguy posted:

this made me more mad than it should have. hey let's leave easily broken ribs exposed while fighting thats a well thought out thing

man, I thought this chick was dying from cancer. Good to see that she's better

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
does it end with a teenage boy dying in the snow with a baby too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Tiny Lowtax posted:

iirc he died of a poor diet and sedentary lifestyle but I haven't read the book in a while

• Locked thread