Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Does the pilot of the hover-toilet sit right where the water should be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

kaxman posted:

I recall reading that hoverblades apply all their lift at the connection point. Is this still true? If so, you can probably improve the stability by rotating those hoverblades off the spine of the craft so they attach further out.

Correct, all blocks apply their force at the connection point. Same thing as far as weight is concerned.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

EngineerSean posted:

Does the pilot of the hover-toilet sit right where the water should be?

The pilot chair is actually sitting on some T1 armor cubes (brown) at the bottom of the bowl, because 8 year old me thinks that's hilarious. There's hover blades right under the "lid" and also a bunch in the tank. It wobbles amusingly when moving anywhere.

Someone else in T2 had a 1 block thick cardboard cutout person with a giant dong protruding from the front and I really wanted to try and get some amazing screenshots set up but he ran off and got blown up too fast.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, apparently boss battles have a much wider tier range than I thought. I got into one with a lone tier 10 boss against fifteen of us mooks.

Except the "mooks" were all tier 7.

Suffice to say, the boss didn't last very long.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The pilot chair is actually sitting on some T1 armor cubes (brown) at the bottom of the bowl, because 8 year old me thinks that's hilarious. There's hover blades right under the "lid" and also a bunch in the tank. It wobbles amusingly when moving anywhere.

Someone else in T2 had a 1 block thick cardboard cutout person with a giant dong protruding from the front and I really wanted to try and get some amazing screenshots set up but he ran off and got blown up too fast.

A robot pilot sitting on a pile of poop in a toilet is pretty funny to me and I'm nine years old and therefore more mature.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Justin Credible posted:

Saw this today, on a medic bot.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Robot name: "Such Heals, Much Wow"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I loving hate medics.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I'm hoping they create "skeleton" blocks that have to be connected to the pilots seat, but can't be destroyed by damage. Instead it would transfer all damage to the nearest block touching it.

That way you could make semi-functional art bots without losing half the frame because a single block pops off.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
OK this game is pretty fun. Although, I did watch the tutorial video about spaced armor and it kind of made tier 1 hilarious when I built a giant cube of unarmed spaced armor that could just roll over to the cap and sit on it without dying.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

buzzsaw.gif posted:

OK this game is pretty fun. Although, I did watch the tutorial video about spaced armor and it kind of made tier 1 hilarious when I built a giant cube of unarmed spaced armor that could just roll over to the cap and sit on it without dying.

That might not be too useful. If you get shot while capping the enemy base your capture progress will reset back to the last 25% break-point you filled up.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
I just blew up a flying penis.

Also people are ridiculously bad at this even at tier 3. I am one block over tier 2 and somehow competitive.

Chunk5
Jun 26, 2010

Bondematt posted:

Also people are ridiculously bad at this even at tier 3.

This carries on all the way up to T10.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
This is my main big tank bot, it's obviously pretty tanky.

My holy healer, I get plenty of comments with this one.

I also met Skeletor today.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
That cathedral medic is amazing - I saw a yellow submarine today that was great (prob have to click for big to see it)

I missed a bunch of tech in Tier 7 because I hated the tank I had at the time. I built this tryhard hover SMG to go back and finish unlocking things, and it's insanely good for hit and runs/flanks/capping/etc. - not as sturdy as a shitbrick on treads but goddamn it's super fast (165ish mph), really easy to dodge plasma and rails, and you can spin to keep fresh shields up pretty easily. 6 T8 SMGs, 2 T8 Thrusters, 4 T6 hoverblades and 4 sets of T7 shields. I typically will fight until I lose a few guns or a shield, go back to a medic, then head back out. After driving tanks for a few days it feels good to be fast.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I saw a platoon of flying penis medics and a decent Enterprise, but artbots are scarce in the low tiers.

I've also been witness to the internet truism that the more skills someone's username proclaims, the worse they are. The sheer number of epikillasnipahz with a forest of T1 SMGs on pillars of basic armor blocks is staggering. Then I fly over in my Jam Cookie and snipe their pilot seat.

Also also, I'm getting sticker shock from the higher-tier parts. Like the guns for my T3 bot cost more than my entire T2 bot.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

After looking up some T-X1 SMG hovers on the Robocraft forums, I decided to rework one of their builds (after giving the poster credit for the idea).

There will be a Radar Jammer installed once I hit 1511 CPU.

Despite looking flimsy, it can actually take a beating so long as I keep the electroplates facing the attacker, which I should always be doing anyway since directly facing the enemy provides the best angle for me to hit with all four T-X1 SMGs. Less blocks also means less work for medics to do, so I recover from damage fast; a gaggle of medics hiding behind me and keeping me healthy means I can just keep firing. Having four T-X1 SMGs also gives them a really scary-fast fire rate.

EDIT: Cap reached and pictures updated. This hellcontraption is now ready for the 100-kills marathon.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 27, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

SL I noticed that you've got armor blocks attached to the back feet of your T-X1s. Is that mainly cosmetic or do they actually support the gun if the front foot gets blown away? I thought it was only the front one that mattered, I may need to rework my design tonight.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008

Chard posted:

SL I noticed that you've got armor blocks attached to the back feet of your T-X1s. Is that mainly cosmetic or do they actually support the gun if the front foot gets blown away? I thought it was only the front one that mattered, I may need to rework my design tonight.

3 points of contact, you just use the front foot for placement. Same concept as treads.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
So I started playing this a few days ago and it is quite fun, actually. I've managed to make my way to tier 8 so far. Since tier8 match making seemed to go down a few minutes ago, for a change of pace I threw together a bare bones plasma dart. It's a tier7 plasma gun on a 4 block chassis just barely below tier5, and my first battle I absolutely annihilated the other team. Got 7 kills and won the match single handedly.

I've been trying to figure out how to make a thruster only plasma thing to try to get into tier3 but all my builds so far have been completely unstable.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 26, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm not good at making thruster only flyers, but I'm pretty sure you need some helium blocks to have a chance in hell of making something stable.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Some people are savants at building flyers, I just don't grasp it though. The best I've managed so far is a walker-hybrid that sort of goes in one direction a few feet above the ground, if there aren't any cross breezes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ambaire posted:

So I started playing this a few days ago and it is quite fun, actually. I've managed to make my way to tier 8 so far. Since tier8 match making seemed to go down a few minutes ago, for a change of pace I threw together a bare bones plasma dart. It's a tier7 plasma gun on a 4 block chassis just barely below tier5, and my first battle I absolutely annihilated the other team. Got 7 kills and won the match single handedly.

How do you turn? It's a good design but I can't seem to get it to turn like, at all.

e - figured it out. I am smart.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Mega-Wheels are next, off road and maybe upside down driving?
http://robocraftgame.com/e14-needs-you-2/

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Mega-Wheels are next, off road and maybe upside down driving?
http://robocraftgame.com/e14-needs-you-2/
Ha, and I just mentioned Rollcage too! :) Would be pretty neato if that came to be.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
When those big wheels come out, someone could recreate this guy.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

One last edit on Bring Out The Big Guns before the Megawheel update, to line up the Thrusters with the Hover Blades so I don't lose all hope of movement if I lose balance on one side.

Let's rock, baby.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Wheel costs for our Megabot grinders:

Only 40 battleswins for you to unlock 4 wheels!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

*opens up my RP wallet and a tiny robot moth flutters out*

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
No time to save for megawheels, I had half a mil RP worth of pink blocks to buy.

Possibly NSFW!

Any votes for armament?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just a heads up guys, the MEGA-SMG 100-Kills event is Live!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No time to save for megawheels, I had half a mil RP worth of pink blocks to buy.

Possibly NSFW!

Any votes for armament?

Rail gun's coming out of the red bit.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That is a pro goat man, you should be proud

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Possibly NSFW!

Any votes for armament?

A single T1 top-mount SMG on the cockhead.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A bunch of front-mount plasma guns in the hole.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Added to Op.

Currently 36+ kills and counting. I'm getting single-targeted a lot out of groups, don't know why though.

Edit: This challenge is causing so much rage that people are Alt-F4ing to avoid giving kills.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 27, 2015

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Sitting on 14 kills currently, though I didn't start right after the update. I'm quickly finding that I'm having less trouble with beating down enemies and more trouble with the killstealing assblasters on my team. I feel like garbage for having to imitate them, but if this is how things are going to go then I just want to get it over with.

As an aside, I saw a guy with five T-X1 SMGs on his hoverbot - which I did think was possible, but I didn't want to try it because I'd probably have to sacrifice my Enemy Radar/Radar Jammer/Thrusters/Electroplates to do it. The increased fire rate of five of those monsters was a sight to behold though. Hopefully when Megabots are released in full they can have six.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 27, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

quote:

• SMG spread increased from 1.71 to 2.50 degrees at maximum spread
  • SMG accuracy decay time decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds (so accuracy decays faster)
  • SMG accuracy recovery time increased from 0.25 to 0.50 seconds
  • NB: The above changes make SMG weaker at long ranges by effectively reducing the DPS
  • Rail Cannon DMG increased by 25% at all Tiers

It's loving Christmas :peanut:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is this another damage increase from the patch that increased damage and reduced load times or the same patch notes? Either way why are they screwing with SMG accuracy and spread but not plasma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

SumYungGui posted:

Is this another damage increase from the patch that increased damage and reduced load times or the same patch notes? Either way why are they screwing with SMG accuracy and spread but not plasma?

If it is, then Railguns at T10 now do 50% more damage. They've certainly have been getting more kills.

The SMG accuracy change has exposed a lot of people cheating though, lots of pin-point accuracy T11 SMGs users right now.

• Locked thread