Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
So I started playing this a few days ago and it is quite fun, actually. I've managed to make my way to tier 8 so far. Since tier8 match making seemed to go down a few minutes ago, for a change of pace I threw together a bare bones plasma dart. It's a tier7 plasma gun on a 4 block chassis just barely below tier5, and my first battle I absolutely annihilated the other team. Got 7 kills and won the match single handedly.

I've been trying to figure out how to make a thruster only plasma thing to try to get into tier3 but all my builds so far have been completely unstable.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Well, I've managed to get to tier 9, but what's my best bet for breaking into tier 10? It looks like I'll have to make a massive tank with as many t10 plasma as I can throw on it along with a christmas tree of t8 and 9 shields. I still haven't bothered with any triforcing or poo poo, just relying on solid core with shields around.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I call this 'Small Test Mega 1 Gun'. It's great for lulling the enemy team into a false sense of security until the 9 guns tear them apart.

Fun fact: It is exactly 1 block shorter and as wide as the megabay. I have to be careful what map routes I take or I can get stuck.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Fallout posted:

Should I splurge on T8 prisms, or do people skip tiers of armor? I've seen a lot of blue out there, but not much pink and yellow.

IMO, don't bother splurging on any tier armor until you get to tier 10, since the RP gain is an order of magnitude greater there; for lower tiers you can get by with a mishmash of whatever. I just did plasma track tank with overkill numbers of highest tier plasmas until I broke into t10, then started doing 'serious' builds.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Do nanos repair your bot based on the order in which you built it? If so, is there an optimal strategy to ensure that your guns get repaired asap? Also, nice tree puns.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah, I always have to chuckle when someone has a megabot called "10 MILLION RP MONSTER" or whatever. That's barely enough to cover guns and wheels on a decent mega, but people who haven't tried building a mega often don't have the slightest notion how expensive it is to make a good one.

Yeah, case in point: my 9 gun 9 megaplate 6 wheeled monster megabot with over 2000 T10 blocks has a sale price of 22.7 million, which means it cost at least 45 million RP for all the components.

Edit: and the alternate fit.

I mostly made it for laughs; TX plasma are mostly useless. They need double damage and half the firing rate to be competitive.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 6, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I bought 6 of the plasmas to mess with even though everyone said they suck...and yeah they are awful.

What's especially telling is that megabots with plasma only get matched against other megabots with plasma. You never see a plasma megabot get matched against an smg megabot, because the latter would probably obliterate the former.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Sailor Dave posted:

Although I'm amazed they STILL haven't added a "Back to mothership" button for the mode. They have it in practice mode, why the hell isn't it here? There's been like two updates since this was an issue and it's still a problem.

Ctrl-Alt-Del, Task Manager, end Robocraft task, then relaunch the game. It's clunky but should work.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I quit playing Robocraft back when they released the new Tower mode but this new Pit mode may get me playing again. Quick easy jump in battles with no penalty for leaving and fast respawn? Sign me up! It sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I just got back into the game after being gone since megaboss battles were a thing, and I just finished creating a .. shall I call it, a pillar of spiky death hover smg megabot.

Still not exactly sure how effective it is but I'm having fun! Game is good, guys.

Edit: and I just love the regen mechanic. Went from 7% to full this last match; didn't have an effect on the outcome but it was awesome.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 20, 2016

• Locked thread