Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
This is my main big tank bot, it's obviously pretty tanky.

My holy healer, I get plenty of comments with this one.

I also met Skeletor today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
So I looked at this and thought

Why the hell not?

:getin:

So yeah, while combat effectiveness is dubious the fact that I now own a functional Qwaar-jet is seriously rad.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I really wonder what that railgun dude felt while being chased by a giant walking church that fully intended to burn him in a righteous nano fire.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk
:getin:

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I really like megabots, I stick to them with my gigantic T10 tank and play as a semi-megabot in support, chances are if our megabot is not made out of snowblocks we win pretty consistently.

EDIT:
It amuses me when we get a megabot on our team that's smaller than my tank.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Sup giant T10 bot buddy.

Goliath has been fully rigged out with T10 gear, save for the rear tracks which are T9 mostly for space saving reasons(they have a much smaller collision box for some reason.).
Front tracks are exposed but that doesn't really pose a problem, if they get blasted off i just become really nimble and can quickly spin around and retreat if needed, otherwise this thing is REALLY tanky and will only die after completely disarmed.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

:goleft::respek::goleft:

What's your in-game name? Let's platoon together sometime. Mine's Aeltar.

EnigmaTLOD, I'll probably try to invite you the next time I play.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc9NC7HVfgs

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
If you do a blank ban on thrustersticks you will also end up ban square-chan and that is simply unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVWX_TBapiQ

EDIT: related

TheCoach fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 24, 2015

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Homeworld(me) meets Starcraft, too bad we got ambushed by 5 plasma bombers and died a shameful death.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
>:⊂

It continues the legacy of Ilion

TheCoach fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 9, 2015

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
UT 2004 with LEGO's :getin:

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The trick is to layer shields towards your strong side/front while still having enough armor cubes to be sturdy and mobile on the retreat once you lose some guns and electroplates. You also then have to learn to back off once your electroplate layers start failing as getting into armor makes you just as bad to heal as an armor-tanking build. These kinds of mega builds are called "regenerators" in the meta but a lot of the ones posted on robocraftgarage are way too light on armor cubes and vulnerable to weak side plasma fire or sustained SMG fire to a single location. I've personally found the sweet spot to be 1200-1500 armor cubes - with good damage routing and layering this is plenty to provide good armor connections to your guns and keep you alive when your shields fail without wasting blocks on useless armor.

That particular bot you just linked is pretty drat dangerous tho, you just can't let it get away even for a few seconds, it comes back to life REALLY fast. That's the reason why I'm building that design too.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Took my old plasma bot, switched out to nanos, stuffed in T10 thrusters and filled the interior with a ton of hoverblades.
It turns out it's really fun to play with this one, especially because it can take so many hits before it pops. It also looks cool IMO.

And with nanos I can finally do this

TheCoach fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 12, 2015

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
My ridiculous Uchuu Senkan Yamato actually works well in the new meta and after building a number of artbots I am confused as to why people don't make more of them.

[timg]http://s10.postimg.org/x19zv4lnd/image.png][/timg]
[timg]http://s10.postimg.org/ea82kyr2x/image.png][/timg]

There's a way to make an artbot that is combat effective, you just have to think a bit about where you place the important bits.

Also unlike the old mode you don't get all messed up at the beginning and loose any point of even having an artbot.

They should drop their MOBA bullshit and add 22 player games tho.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Gundams, finally I can build Gundams!

Those legs better come in red damnit!

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I'm perma bronze-0, ranking is idiotic, doesn't actually care what your score is, if your team lost - no points for you.

So you are kept in poo poo tier league with poo poo tier players and constantly get games where your team fucks up and you loose so you can't get OUT of poo poo tier.
Battle arena is now unplayable for me.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
As a 4 track tank owner I can tell you that my tank can now actually turn normally while moving, this was not a possibility before the update.

Wish it didn't lean as hard though.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Just built a giant basketball player slammin'

I somehow manage to get into top 3 scores each game by just jumping and slamming people with plasma. It looks amazing.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Sailor Dave posted:

I gotta see this bot.

Friend me(I'm EnigmaTLOD ingame) and we can platoon.

I kind of want to get 4 guys with that bot in a platoon and then go dunk the poo poo out of everyone.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Look for "Come on and Slam" in the robot shop.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Paint is premium only which is rear end, but otherwise it's an RP buy if you have premium.

Also it sucks vs air so if you get dropped in a game of all air you are kind of hosed.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Sit under a bridge, wait for enemies to pass and shoot the underside of a bridge with your plasma.

Yup, the AOE ignores walls, yup I died to a wall-hackesque fire.

Plasma in general is retardedly OP now, weapons move like SMGs, can fire like SMGs, do way more DPS than SMGs and on top of that since you no longer need to hit people and only hit in the general area they are in you also do not need to aim anymore, this poo poo is really broken and given some time if changes are not made you'll see 90% of people rolling plasma as it becomes the only viable weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
I spent like 400 hours in this game before they forced trough the energy update and multi guns.
It has been steadily going downhill ever since. the player numbers kind of show the same.

Bots die real fast now there's hardly any back and forth, all game modes have become a super fast mess of things happening without any sort of order to it all.

It's a bad game now and I'm afraid they went down too far into adding random poo poo to this game instead of just refining the original smg/rail/plasma/heal gameplay that was actually fun.
Chances are in a year or two they'll close up shop due to lack of money coming in.

But drat it it was fun once, and after getting colors all I ever wanted was maybe more cube shapes and more maps. I'll miss my Dunking Jordan bot and my Initial D drifting Trueno and all the other art bot crap I build and managed to be effective with(yes before the energy bullcrap a giant jumping and dunking basketball player that shot plasma out of the basketball was actually effective and strong).

• Locked thread