Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bwee
<IMPORTANT NOTE: No one will be banned unless they want to, the worst punishment you'll get is a small probation, and there will probably be prizes, so participate! Newbies welcome!

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: We need people to vote! Go read the latest entries and vote on them in the following way:

One per challenge.

Please vote for:

NORTH: You are a Capitol citizen choosing who to sponsor. Please vote for the person you want to LIVE.

SOUTH: You are a gamesmaster choosing who to shoot with the cannon. Please vote for the person you want to DIE.

EAST: You are a gamesmaster choosing who to shoot with the robot. Please vote for the person you want to DIE.

WEST: n/a

IMPORTANT NOTE #3: Here is a map of the arena

>

The world of Banem is a utopian society formed out of the ruins of old BYOB, where the elite in the Capitol are able to post freely, without experiencing inane posts about chill, weed, and about MS Painting your dick. The BYOB Reggae is forbidden. It's basically the best place ever.

A typical Capitol citizen enjoying her freedom to ask what's wrong with being a social justice warrior.

There is a price to pay for peace and happiness, however. The trash from old BYOB still exist, they've just been banished to the Districts. The Capitol begrudgingly tolerates the existence of their low-content posts and anime, because whether they choose to admit it or not, for Banem to exist, there needs to be a steady stream of posts imported from the Districts.

Young women from one of the Districts line up to learn how to post about bunnies and kittens.

The Capitol enforces order in the Districts through a yearly event called the Hungry Games, named because people participating in them aren't allowed to post about what they had for lunch. Each District is forced to nominate two tributes, which are chosen to compete in the games. These games are not all fun and games, however. They're quite literally life or death. The tributes must kill each other in a dangerous arena until only one of them remains unbanned.

Tributes for the Hungry Games.Top scientists have determined that all of them are simultaneously thinking "this is bullshit."

The winner, however, is lauded, and treated to an eternal life of luxury. Is it worth it? Probably not, but the Capitol gets great pleasure out of watching the tributes kill each other during the Hungry Games, so tough poo poo.

Districts of Banem, I need you to select your tributes! And remember: Happy Hungry Games, and may the mods be ever in your favor!

"Still bullshit."

<OOC: If you would like to participate, please post the following things -

"I volunteer as tribute!"

District: Pick a number, good ones are 69, 420, and 7.
What your district is known for: In the original Hunger Games each district was known for things like "Mining" or "Logging" or "Nukes." Make something up and make sure it's funny or I'll ban you myself.
Why you'll win the Hungry Games: In the original Hunger Games the tributes had skills, like Katniss was good at archery, Fennick was good with a trident, and Peeta was good at makeup. Make something up here, too.

You can alternatively decide to be volunteer as tribute for a District that someone else has already made up! In that case, please just say the following things. Of course you can't do this if no one has posted a District. Also, maximum 2 tributes per District.

"I volunteer as tribute!"

District: Pick a previously named District
Why you'll win the Hungry Games: In the original Hunger Games the tributes had skills, like Katniss was good at archery, Fennick was good with a trident, and Peeta was good at makeup. Make something up here, too.
How you and your fellow tribute are going to work together to win: Unfortunately there can only be one winner, unless you're Katniss and break the rules. You still need to write this down using your fellow tribute's username.

Important! If Los Lobos agrees, this game will have real consequences and real rewards! Consequences may range from 15 minute probations all the way to bans! Rewards are probably something lovely like an avatar certificate but wjatever.>

Current Districts:

District 555
Known for: Weavers of fine handspun gold thread, an essential good for a post-apocalyptic society
Tribute 1: Classicist
Why you should vote for them: "i know how to use photoshop and i have a locally saved archive of every poster's avatar"
Tribute 2: ATCG
Why you should vote for them: "We are both good a high fives plus I'm good with makeup too. so we'll probably win. We also have several low and mid five flavors we can mix up in sticky situations."

District 350
Known for: Nobody knows - it's shrouded in myths, mystery, and Myth 2: That's So Riven
Tribute 1: Bureau Watts
Why you should vote for them: "i will win the hunger games maybe beacuse of my rapier wit and my lackof respect for the living. >:)"
Tribute 2: WindmillSlayer
Why you should vote for them: "i dont want to dissapoint anyone"

District 0
Known for: The "chillest" district, District 0 is known for having a good time with friends. This is also why they will die first.
Tribute 1: ZeroCount
Why you should vote for them: "I actually seriously doubt this" (Note: Judges are unclear as to what "this" refers to)
Tribute 2: Koishi Komeiji
Why you should vote for them: "The power of love and friendship will protect me." Also, "I swear to Darwin I will turn on ZeroCount as soon as the gates open."

District 27
Known for: Way too many foxes; way too many references to "What does the fox say?"
Tribute 1: Stormyish
Why you should vote for them: Response intentionally left blank.
Tribute 2: alnilam
Why you should vote for them: "just look at my av, I'm already /ahead/ of the competition :tiphat:" Also, "stormyish is cool I'd never kill her but in the end she'll think SA costs 10/month again and drop out and that is how i will win"

District 0.999999...
Known for: Death Wizards; nerds who argue that 0.999999... doesn't equal 1 and planes can't take off from treadmills.
Tribute 1: Theglaven
Why you should vote for them: "Death wizards"
Tribute 2: Status_Surge
Why you should vote for them: "Im a lurker so no one will see me coming." Also, "me and Theglaven are loving Death wizards."

District 12
Known for: Being a bunch of assholes, eating a bunch of assholes.
Tribute 1: Bull Runner
Why you should vote for them: "because I intend to lie, cheat, and steal my way to victory"
Tribute 2: bog pixie
Why you should vote for them: "i will work together with bullrunner by killing him immediately and taking all his items. im going to win with my elite hacking skills."

Districts 99 and 7
Known for: Problems, naming children "Blue Ivy" (surprisingly this name is acceptable in the Capitol); Vast gas mines, and our signature dish, the nacho. Q) What do you call cheese that's not yours? A) All cheese is forbidden outside the Capitol.
Tribute 1: Sax
Why you should vote for them: "Not a bitch"
Tribute 2: 7777777
Why you should vote for them: "i will won the hungry game through my indomitable will and cut throat ruthlessness"

Districts 59 and "Pick a number, good ones are 69, 420, and 7."
Known for: Waking up at 5, going to bed at 9, being very square, being so square they still use the word "square;" who gives a poo poo; plumbing.
Tribute 1: DemonToadGoat
Why you should vote for them: "I'll show up, unlike everyone else."
Tribute 2: AfroDoug
Why you should vote for them: "whatever"

TRIBUTES HAVE BEEN CHOSEN. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Bwee fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
This thread will be out of character until all the tributes have been selected. Feel free to post if you don't want to volunteer as tribute because you're lame as hell

im cute

shut up fag

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WindmillSlayer

*steps foreward hitler youth style* i volunteer as tribute i guess *sticks my earbuds back in anc cranks the volume*

Bwee

paco650 posted:

shut up fag

Mods?

Bwee

paco650 posted:

shut up fag

The Capitol is harsh, but cruel.

El Spider

yes there will be punishments,.. and they will be brutal

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

posting smiling
i volunteeer as tribute!
district: 555
district is known for: fine handspun gold thread
why i will win the hungry games: i know how to use photoshop and i have a locally saved archive of every poster's avatar

tao of lmao

good luck to the participants

WindmillSlayer

WindmillSlayer posted:

*steps foreward hitler youth style* i volunteer as tribute i guess *sticks my earbuds back in anc cranks the volume*

*pulls out earbuds* oh wait

district: 4
district is know for: lots of animals have four legs and thats the number my district is
why i will win: i wont i just want to be killed, like all the cool kids

edit: updated: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3695805&pagenumber=2#post440504888

WindmillSlayer fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 21, 2015

bwatts

i volunteer as tribute for district 350, a district shrouded in myths and mystery. i will win the hunger games maybe beacuse of my rapier wit and my lackof respect for the living. >:)

WindmillSlayer

cool animals with four legs that are in my distric: horses, dogs

(not a complete list yet)

posting smiling
incentive for someone who wants to join my district: when we win we'll do our special high five, 3 high fives in a row, one with the left hand, one with the right, and a finale with both hands, to represent the three fives in the district.

WindmillSlayer

trying to come up with more animals and drawing a blank after: anteater, cat, mouse

bwatts

incentive for those wishing to represent district 350:you''ll be on my team.

ZeroCount

I volunteer as tribute for District 0 on account of it being in my name
district is known for: having a good time with friends, being killed first
Why I will win: I actually seriously doubt this

WindmillSlayer

cow

WindmillSlayer

giraffe

edit: gently caress nvm we dont have those

Piso Mojado

I volunteer for district 555 with Classicist.

We are both good a high fives plus I'm good with makeup too. so we'll probably win. We also have several low and mid five flavors we can mix up in sticky situations.

bwatts

i have the power of intuition on my side. think that scene in sherlock where he plans out everything, escept in the context of this hunger games

bwatts

ATCG posted:

We are both good a high fives plus I'm good with makeup too. so we'll probably win. We also have several low and mid five flavors we can mix up in sticky situations.

i#ll destroy you, alone or with a friend.

WindmillSlayer

can i switch to bwatts district

Piso Mojado

bwatts posted:

i#ll destroy you, alone or with a friend.

Cool. Down low?

WindmillSlayer

looking over the massive heards of 4 legged creatures, sighing woefully

Piso Mojado

Too slow...nerd.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i'm confused, does this thread require participation after you volunteer or is everything just goign to be judged from the volunteer posts

bwatts

pig slut lisa posted:

i'm confused, does this thread require participation after you volunteer or is everything just goign to be judged from the volunteer posts

do Not be a coward. volunteer yourself.

WindmillSlayer

im looking in my wallet at a picture of an orange and cryeing as a zebra runs in slo mo behind me

ZeroCount

why you should join my district: Being totally sweet and cool and I've got at least a 50% chance to not abandon you the moment we are placed in a threatening situation

WindmillSlayer

glancing at the sky while astride a tiger i cry out "bearueassssss"

ZeroCount

sweet but helpless poster seeking the Thresh to his Rue, please inquire within

bwatts

well form an unlikely partnership or something i guess

WindmillSlayer

i put forth my hand into empty air as if to shake "if your out there" i whisper "you'll do the same"

Piso Mojado

WindmillSlayer posted:

i put forth my hand into empty air as if to shake "if your out there" i whisper "you'll do the same"

WindmillSlayer

erm, i mumble, ha ha, not you... ugh..

bwatts

durr, we liek to high fgive!!!!! :D

posting smiling

ATCG posted:

:neckbeard::hf::golfclap:

posting smiling

bwatts posted:

i wipe oranges like you off of my hands as a courtesy to my high five partners before we do a high five for breakfast tough guy

Piso Mojado

bwatts posted:

We only talk like that in the "triple 5" because my brother was born with a hair lip we don't want him to feel different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount

*me and hypothetical district partner pursued by enemies*

Me: they can only get one of us. You keep going, I'll hold them off!

Partner: Are you sure?

Me: just go! You've got to win this...for both of us. Dont worry about me, I'll show them how a true yobsman fights

*as soon as partner is out of sight, I pretend to have a spastic fit and play dead until enemies pass me by, still chasing partner*

• Locked thread