Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

<<bwee you are a good thread maker i hope your dissertation is going well... if it's any consolation, for longer length scale analysis, we used a synchrotron-based micro-CT at the Advanced Photon Source (Argonne, IL) with 1 µm resolution and a 1 x 1 mm cylindrical field-of-view>>

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

please keep hosting things. i love your threads

Stormyish

even though I was lazy with posting my entry, I'm still having fun with your thread, bwee

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

FluffieDuckie posted:

Piso Mojado

bump

landy.

FluffieDuckie posted:

alnilam

<Bwee's threads are so good they got him published in nature neuro>

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.

FluffieDuckie posted:

Piso Mojado

Dear Gladys,
I've been in this pillow for weeks now, but my thoughts have only been for you. The heat from the volcano only matches the heat from my loins. Classicist and i have been fighting for survival and honor for district 555, but we fear that bwees recent fame may keep us here for months on end. Remember me.
Love,
ATCG

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

North: I sponsor both of them!
East: Don't kill either of them!
South: I sponsor both of them!
West: Don't kill either of them!

alnilam posted:

<Bwee's threads are so good they got him published in nature neuro>

((I want to peer-review this.))

Bwee
<Really busy sorry guys I'll try to have an update tonight>

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
im just gonna bump this because this is an awesome thread i still wanna poast in

Koishi Komeiji

Status_Surge posted:

im just gonna bump this because this is an awesome thread i still wanna poast in

Piso Mojado

Status_Surge posted:

Piso Mojado

bumping for easy bwee access.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Piso Mojado posted:

bumping for easy bwee access.

very polite

Bwee
please bump this around 9AM CST tomorrow all i have is a netbook at home so i can't photoshop or mspaint or whatever

FluffieDuckie

someone please buy bwee a home computer

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I don't believe this. The Hungry Games are dead. Society has revolutionized while we've been stuck in this dome, and we've been abandoned, a relic of a dead and gloriousbarbarous time.

alnilam

Bwee posted:

please bump this around 9AM CST tomorrow all i have is a netbook at home so i can't photoshop or mspaint or whatever

getting close to the appointed time

Piso Mojado

alnilam posted:

getting close to the appointed time

I'm on it

Bwee
tallying up the votes

Bwee
In the NORTH, the terrible yeti is chasing Theglavwen and Status_Surge. Though both are powerful dark wizards, it seems that the beast is gaining on them… Both of the wizards plead to the Capitol for sponsorship, because that’s the only thing getting them out of this mess.

Apparently there is a large contingent of dark wizards that make their home in the Capitol, because when Status_Surge began his chant to summon a dreaded monster, the Capitol wizards began to chant. Their voice resonated in time with Status_Surge’s: cthulhu fhtagn. cthulhu fhtagn. cthulhu fhtagn. Thunder roars from the darkened clouds above, wind begins to howl… and out of the mist surrounding the base of the mountain pops Cthulhu itself.

Cthulhu roars, grabs the yeti with one of its tentacles, and devours it whole. Theglavwen and Status_Surge both stare blankly – the yeti’s gone, did they both win the challenge? Then the beast turns to the tributes…. Its very visage is enough to cause a lesser mind to break into madness. Both tributes grab the sides of their heads, suffering from the migraine-inducing pain of insanity… but the chanting from the Capitol (heard on the speakers throughout the Hungry Games arena) grows louder. CTHULHU FHTAGN CTHULHU FHTAGN. The dark wizards of the Capitol begin to cast a spell… and Status_Surge is teleported to the center of the arena. Theglavwen, on the other hand… it’s not looking good. Cthulhu glares at you… and your mind explodes.

Bwee
The votes are in in the EAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axXEoXtTHJA

Stormyish

hooray updates

Piso Mojado

oh nooooo!

also lol

Bwee
In the SOUTH, the hallucinogens pumped on the island made Stormyish and Alnilam try and run for it... or swim for it... whatever. They decided in their psychotic minds that it was best to try to swim for shore. Unfortunately, the Capitol was having none of that.

The shark disappears as soon as it appeared. Stormyish swims to shore, shell-shocked and recovering from the hallucinogen, but alive. For now.

Bwee
In the WEST, bwatts and WindmillSlayer do their best to hide from the lion... but when the lion breaks out in song, they feel right at home. Luckily, Jerry, the lion's controller back in the game room in the Capitol, is a big fan of Disney movies. bwatts and WindmillSlayer stay with the lion as it grows up through a montage.
♪Hakuna Matata♪

♪Hakuna Matata♪

The lion runs off to avenge its fathers death at the hands of its uncle in a manner that's suspiciously similar to that of Hamlet. Having avoided death at the hands of the lion, bwatts and WindmillSlayer begin planning yet another Disney song to get them through the Hungry Games.

alnilam

Bwee posted:

In the SOUTH, the hallucinogens pumped on the island made Stormyish and Alnilam try and run for it... or swim for it... whatever. They decided in their psychotic minds that it was best to try to swim for shore. Unfortunately, the Capitol was having none of that.

The shark disappears as soon as it appeared. Stormyish swims to shore, shell-shocked and recovering from the hallucinogen, but alive. For now.

noooo

ty manifisto

Bwee
Three bursts of cannonfire reverberate throughout the arena.

Last night was brutal. Three of your fellow tributes, dead at the hands of the Capitol. The reality of your situation sinks in... only one of you will survive.

Remaining tributes, you may move ONE or TWO spaces!

Theglavwen

*A strange and dark swirling mass coagulates into a familiar cowled shape among the sponsors and Hungry Games elites*

I can't express how tactless some of my fellocoughcough those death wizards are. Cthulu, how showy, how crass, how plebeian.

Status_Surge

Where am i? how did i get here? i ask these questions to myself, and slowly look around for my fellow tribute. the words Cthulu Fhtagn reverbate through my mind as i barely remember a glimpse of glavwen's head exploding. now that he's dead i have no one to blindly follow. i let out a maniacal laugh as i slowly walk west, to......check on a couple of the other tributes.

Looke

prepre to clam

Piso Mojado

after burying classicist and urinating on her grave (as is district 555 custom), I begin my journey again - this time without my dear friend. I head north.

tao of lmao

bwee, you are a treasure

Stormyish

move me to the center

Status_Surge

ooc: on a side note we should turn cthulu into a roaming hazard, might help kill off a few tributes

posting smiling

lol

posting smiling

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
<at least *someone* appreciates it :P >

• Locked thread