Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

I volunteer as tribute!

I want to be in the district with all the foxes

Why i will win: just look at my av, I'm already ahead of the competition :tipshat:

Also stormyish is cool I'd never kill her but in the end she'll think SA costs 10/month again and drop out and that is how i will win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

It's really important to actually listen to the call / read the transcript. Most of the time GXC share preices during quarterly reports is more about the tone of the presentation, new concepts and ideas being tried out in the next year or so, and projections moving fortward, than about whether or not last quarter's projectsions are met.

ty manifisto

alnilam

other investors: ":cry: waaah i'm a big dumb baby and GXC fell short of analyst projections this quarter, i only listen to simple, condensed quantitative measures because i'm an idiot"

me, after GXC's price plummets: "i know GXC has some good things in store becaues i listen, i am buying in at a hella discount now"

ty manifisto

alnilam

*rolls and winks at crowd*

alnilam

south, come on stormyish get outta there !!!

alnilam

(Ooc i hope this isn't actually hugely time sensitive cause I'm about to cook dinner)

alnilam

...my god.... district 0... They're all... dead

alnilam

when you think about it, 27 is a number, too, like 0 is... makes u think

alnilam

Bwee posted:

SOUTH

District 27
Stormyish (naked, but distracting the other tributes with flying clothing)
alnilam

District 59/Pick
DemonToadGoat
Afro Doug

You run away from explosion and make it to a sandy area, a beach of sorts. There's a large coastline here on the edge of what looks like a large lake or possibly even the ocean -- you can't see anything but water past the horizon. Oh, wait, there's an island or some sort of land a few miles out. Wait, what the hell?

From behind you on the beach a cannon pops out and begins firing. You realize that the cannons are moving... they're purposely targeting you!

There's a sudden lull in the cannon firing. It's as if whoever's firing them from the control base in the Capitol is waiting for you to do something... and you're fairly sure you know what that something is.

Tributes, please write a creative paragraph explaining how you would get to the island in the distance using only common materials you could find on the beach and what you have on you at the moment. The gamesmasters in the control room will vote on the least reasonable escape plans, and blast them to bits. You are free to work together with the other tribute from your District, but remember, only one of you can win... is now the time to backstab them?

Stormyish, since you are naked and distracting, you're hidden from the gamesmasters! You start with minus one vote.

Think, alnilam, think. You're from the fox district. The clever district. THe wily-as-hell district. We're as wily... as wily as carnival folk! That's it! Grab that coconut, there on the beach. That's it, smash it on the rock. Fashion it into a helmet. Those cannons will never expect you to run straight for them. They're expecting someone to run sideways, or away. Run straight for them and don't hesitate. Just a few more yards - drat that was loud!! - and here we are. Duck below. Sneak around the side. Wait for it to fire at another tribute. Perfect, it's aiming at someone who has already made it to the other island. poo poo that was loud. Ignore the ringing in your ears. Pull the payload out - it's about your weight, good - and leave the powder and climb into the chamber as it reloads. You are a fox. You are a winner. You are a human cannonball. Close your eyes.

ty manifisto

alnilam

Stormyish posted:

you know my venomous balloon boat had room for two

oh, well... i like mine too, good luck see you on the island i hope :)

ty manifisto

alnilam

pat i'd like to solve the puzzle

ty manifisto

alnilam

ty manifisto

alnilam

right now the capitol is abuzz with debates about how bwatt's defiant "X" answer asked the question, what's wrong with answering "social justice warrior"?

ty manifisto

alnilam

*flying thru the air, waves down at stormyish on her raft and continues trajectory thru the air*

ty manifisto

alnilam

<bwee maybe put the current voting ruesl in the op? just a thought they're kind of hidden rn>

ty manifisto

alnilam

<fyi ppl the votey stuff starts on page 6>

alnilam

Cumt posted:

from my balcony party i glance up at the gruesome spectacle on the big screen

i'm impressed with alnilam's stupid cannon thing and i sponsor him by sending him a signed photo of myself

*looks at the sky* This is great! Cumt is one of my most admired bears around! I will treasure this long after I am a victor. *puts it in special waterproof pocket of outfit*

This island is surely full of danger, but I migth as well relax until my fellow fox friend hopefully gets here safely!

ty manifisto

alnilam

Stormyish posted:

then this island will do, be it stripped bare of edible things

stormyish old friend, i'm so happy to see you made it!

i'm also going to stay on this island, partially because i'm pretty pooped from my cannonball flight and also i'm not sure how i'd get anywhere else without stormy's reaft.

just in case some challenge comes and pops them balloons, i start building a backup raft out of wood and vine

stormyish you are invited to help or if your venomous balloons pop you are welcome on my raft regardless, eithe rway we only have one motor

ty manifisto

alnilam

<I might not get to this til tomorrow is that okay>

<also stormy do you want to team up>

alnilam

Stormyish posted:

I'll explain it in a bit

<ooc stormyish and i were going to collaborate with me writing and her drawing, but I was running late and we lost communication and so I'm not sure if that's still the plan - here is my writeup for her drawing, but please give her the option to duck out of our partnership because i was slow, in which case i'll write/draw a different one>

e: <she said it's okay so okay cool this is a team entry>

The seagulls call, and Stormyish and Alnilam answer. The two foxes have buried themselves most of the way in sand, and in their mental haze, they all but believe they are trapped seagulls. Perhaps this lends an honest urgency to their impersonated seagull calls, because gull after gull begins to land on the beach. Are they there to help their unseen gull-friends? Or are they just attracted the pile of mollusks the hallucinating foxes pulled out of the sea and rubbed on their body “just to feel what calcium looks like”? It doesn't matter, because in seconds, Stormyish and Alnilam are upon them, believing they are the other tributes. After the cloud of feathers and blood settles, there is once again only the gentle sound of ocean waves breaking against the shore, reminding the drug-addled foxes of some tripped out noise music they heard once.

“Wilson,” Alnilam says, rubbing some seagull blood on himself. Not sure why he said that, he starts laughing. “Why did I... I don't know why I said Wilson, hahaha. This is the perfect beach. It's like snow.” Coming down from a wave of peak tripping into a lull of major body high, Stormyish considers Alnilam's words, and begins to tear the wings off of the dead gulls, tossing them into a pile. Alnilam picks one up and rubs it on his face, feeling the texture, and laughs. He rolls into a ball and starts rolling around in the pile until they are all collected on the outside of his salt-sticky body, laughing the whole time. Soon, he is encased in a sphere of white seagull wings.

Struck by the volleyball-like appearance of the ball, Stormyish picks it up to serve it, before she hears Alnilam laughing inside.

“Why is this Alnilam, but it doesn't look like Alnilam? Where is your face?” Hearing no response, she paints the face of a strange orange-man she thought she saw in the sun.

“Where are your legs?” Hearing only laughter and incoherent muttering, she places two seagull feet onto the bottom of the ball. She steps back, satisfied. “There's my friend Alnilam.”

Alnilam has stopped laughing. Deadly serious, he says “I'm wings. I can fly.” He repeats it several times. Stormyish holds onto the gull talons, and, high as two kites and tripping like a jump rope, they fly.

"Bird DNA," smiles Stormyish. Alnilam, tucked inside the wilsonball, only says "[inaudible]."

alnilam fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 28, 2015

ty manifisto

alnilam

<<ty for sticky please also 5 and goldmuine, for bwee's sake>>

ty manifisto

alnilam

<<bwee you are a good thread maker i hope your dissertation is going well... if it's any consolation, for longer length scale analysis, we used a synchrotron-based micro-CT at the Advanced Photon Source (Argonne, IL) with 1 µm resolution and a 1 x 1 mm cylindrical field-of-view>>

ty manifisto

alnilam

<Bwee's threads are so good they got him published in nature neuro>

alnilam

Bwee posted:

please bump this around 9AM CST tomorrow all i have is a netbook at home so i can't photoshop or mspaint or whatever

getting close to the appointed time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Bwee posted:

In the SOUTH, the hallucinogens pumped on the island made Stormyish and Alnilam try and run for it... or swim for it... whatever. They decided in their psychotic minds that it was best to try to swim for shore. Unfortunately, the Capitol was having none of that.

The shark disappears as soon as it appeared. Stormyish swims to shore, shell-shocked and recovering from the hallucinogen, but alive. For now.

noooo

ty manifisto

• Locked thread