Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I Volunteer as Tribute.

District: 0.999999....
District Notoriety: Death Wizards.
Why I Will Win: Death Wizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Status_Surge posted:

I volunteer as tribute
District: 0.999999
Why you'll win the Hungry Games: Im a lurker so no one will see me coming.
How you and your fellow tribute are going to work together to win: me and Theglaven are loving Death wizards.

Surge strikes from the shadows. The spectre of District 0.999.... is never seen, but always right behind you.

Theglavwen

I would like it to be known that neither I nor Status_Surge are secret agents having been inserted into this game to maintain the status quo. District 0.999... is a real district, whatever those guys in District 1 say, and the only reason you haven't heard of it is because you just suck.

Theglavwen

North

Theglavwen

But all spooky-like. One's got to keep stylish in the face of adversity.

Theglavwen

Where are your mystic divinations now, Zerocount?

Theglavwen

"Well done" everyone (else) on surviving the first, 'choose a direction' challenge.

Theglavwen

A field of electrified cables? Simplicity itself. If the ground is no viable option, then the air will provide.

Just a little bit of 'rope' that I'll fashion from surrounding plant matter, and a flexible branch or small tree I can bend to the earth, and ...

Theglavwen

Status_Surge posted:

ooc: felt creative this morning plus i needed the practice

You're progressing fast, team-mate, good pal, best buddy, compadre, amigo, comrade, confidante..

...perhaps too fast...

Theglavwen

I tent my fingers and nod in reverent approval at the appropriate demise of my rivals.

Theglavwen

Ha Ha Ha I say to my sleek rubber boots.

Theglavwen

No don't.

Theglavwen

One square North, to the peaks, so that I may look down over the arena and plan my conquest.

Theglavwen

Sorry, I will be responding to this, just haven't had the time today. Some time ... soon

Theglavwen

A fundamental truth about Yeti is that they are a lot like bears, in that you don't have to be able to outrun one, you only need to be able to outrun your comrades.

Another truth about Yeti is that they are a lot like Klingons, all about being the biggest, baddest dude around, and can't help responding to a challenge.

When the Yeti appears, I take note of our surroundings. Whole lotta snow piled up on that cliff-face above us, and some massive sheets of ice jutting out and down like a bunch of gag British teeth. Before the creature starts to charge and all hope is lost, I cup my hands around my mouth and bellow as loud as I can, a challenging roar that echoes in the chasms and caves and bounces between peaks.

Oh, the Yeti doesn't like that at all. Beating its chest to show me how tough and manly it is, it bellows back with its mighty lungs, a cresting, cacophanous cry that dwarfs my own. Not quite enough though. I appear undaunted, and roar back my own challenge, meeting the threat of the lumbering brute.

Even from a distance I can see the chest of the Yeti expand as it sucks in the frigid air around us. Determined to cow me, it screams back its defiance, and the noise is a tsunami of sound, crashing violently into the rocks and snow and ice around us. That's done it. The mountain itself returns the roar this time, as those piled up sheets of snow and ice begin to cascade down the peaks in a mighty avalanche, heading straight for us.

Using the skills I've honed on the black sand beaches of District 0.999...'s Tidal Death Pools, I launch myself into the air towards the oncoming wave of snow. With a stylish mid-air flip, I land firmly upon the leading sheet of ice, and ride it to the crest of the frozen wave. Nonchalantly, I surf my way down the mountain at the rumbling speeds of nature's fury, a pace the Yeti cannot hope to match.

But what of my companion? Can he surf too? More importantly, is he still tempting enough to distract the Yeti from me? What if my challenge was too effective? As I pass my compatriot Surge, I throw him the big haunch of raw and bloody meat that I keep on me for unspecified reasons. "Here", I offer, "You can distract the Yeti with this!" Maybe that's true. It might also serve to help make him seem even tastier to the oncoming beast. Either way is a win.

Theglavwen

I dunno, I said Death Wizard for some reason and I'm gonna roll with it.

Theglavwen

Also it's a lot easier to draw a blob than a person.

Theglavwen

alnilam posted:

Alnilam has stopped laughing. Deadly serious, he says “I'm wings. I can fly.”

Theglavwen

The Hungry Games are complicated and unforgiving. :(

Maybe the tributes could be allowed to vote, for situations not involving them of course. Although I think there's a number of deceased tributes who haven't returned either, so who knows.

Theglavwen

Bwee posted:

Good point, please let me know how to better interpret the votes (this is complicated)

Could you explain how you determine if a group hasn't gotten 'enough' votes? I think you say that they need to have 'more than they'd otherwise have'? What does that mean?

Theglavwen

FluffieDuckie posted:

please keep hosting things. i love your threads

Theglavwen

I don't believe this. The Hungry Games are dead. Society has revolutionized while we've been stuck in this dome, and we've been abandoned, a relic of a dead and gloriousbarbarous time.

Theglavwen

*A strange and dark swirling mass coagulates into a familiar cowled shape among the sponsors and Hungry Games elites*

I can't express how tactless some of my fellocoughcough those death wizards are. Cthulu, how showy, how crass, how plebeian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen

Too late, starved to death, nobody fed the games.

• Locked thread