Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Is it weird that Mitch McConnell's voice makes me irrationally angry? I mean of course his face does too but I heard him more than I saw him today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/state-union-television-ratings-drop-15-year-low-28389271

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

quote:

The figures do not take into account those who streamed the speech online.

lol nielson is gay and dumb

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the republican response speech was the worst speech i've ever seen. i had to turn it off because i couldn't stand the sound of her purposefully flat voice and looking at her fake smile anymore. i don't even think that bitch had a soul or cared about anything she was saying.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
well you gotta remember those response are for the vast low information crowd, where its more important to not do anything that the media will spend a week tearing your rear end in a top hat out for, like drinking from a water bottle

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
the media and government in this country is such trash it makes me lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stoic Commie posted:

the republican response speech was the worst speech i've ever seen. i had to turn it off because i couldn't stand the sound of her purposefully flat voice and looking at her fake smile anymore. i don't even think that bitch had a soul or cared about anything she was saying.

she didnt

but old baby boomers literally cant tell the difference because of how dumb they are

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

sexy young infidel posted:

the media and government in this country is such trash it makes me lol

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
"... and will, to the best of my ability, preserve protect and defend the constitution of the united states."

Is a very different oath from

"To do what I believe is best for America."

I'm listening to the Hardcore History Podcast episode series "Death Throes of the Republic", and the parallels between the end of the Roman Republic and where we are now in American History are fascinating. The issues were the same, a populist message on one side, the redistributionists who advocated for more state power, and the more conservative and wealthy Senate who weren't to eager to share their wealth and were suspicious of the ambitious populist figures (like Julius Caesar) who tended trample the old laws and customs to gain more power for themselves by appealing to the poor. I'm actually wondering if a triumvirate is going to emerge to finally overrun the Republic, and who the Caesar of our times will be to eventually end this farce and turn this country into the fascist dictatorship police state it seems destined to become.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 23, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stoic Commie posted:

it also had no desperate water drinking goodness.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Stoic Commie posted:

Yes, it totally eclipsed the dribble that you just slurped up from your king

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Stoic Commie posted:

But she wore bread bags on her feet!

Seriously, this whole Republican rebranding thing is just lame.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fog Tripper posted:

he was very articulate

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

he was very articulate

I've been told as much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Retail Slave posted:

But she wore bread bags on her feet!

Seriously, this whole Republican rebranding thing is just lame.

rebranding just means digging up more crazy white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Fog Tripper posted:

oh hey it's everyone's favorite mentally challenged goon

• Locked thread