Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

is that true? is that the same guy who threatened to kill Brianna Wu? lmao

yes, and Wu recently spent time/money to get a real life restraining order on Jace even though he is a fictional person.

quote:

5 Feburary 2015. A judge granted Brianna Wu a temporary restraining order against the man that made videos threatening to murder him. What Wu forgot was that 100 yards was nothing; The Commander can hit a one-inch diameter target at a range of 200 yards with his Deagle provided he is sufficiently blazed to steady his aim. The US Marine SEALs didn't send the man to sniper school for nothing.

In other news, Sam did an interview about this ordeal with loving Buzzfeed of all places. As expected, they took this stupid internet thing 100% seriously:

quote:

“Jace Connors” is in fact Jan Rankowski, a 20-year-old living in Maine who is affiliated with Million Dollar Extreme, a provocative cult comedy group based in Rhode Island, and far from being the archfiend of GamerGate, Rankowski is himself now the subject of a campaign of harassment.
“They realized I was making fun of them with those videos,” Rankowski said. “I started it as a joke, but it’s become far too real and I wish I could take it all back.”
And then the phone calls started. “People have been calling my old high school calling my work,” Rankowski told BuzzFeed News, “and saying these nasty things about me. I was made to sign a contract at my job saying I wouldn’t make any of these videos again. I received a letter in the mail with a picture of me from my high school yearbook… It said I shouldn’t have hosed with 8chan.”
Hyde told BuzzFeed News that over the past two days he has also been harassed. “Some kid stood outside my window throwing pebbles. And someone knocked on my door — it’s a closed apartment, you shouldn’t be able to get in. And then there was no one there.”
“Part of the humor of MDE is pushing the boundaries, but we’ve never encountered actually being afraid for our own safety,” Rankowski told BuzzFeed News. “This has ruined my life.”
“I didn’t take this situation seriously, but I see what it means now to be in the other person’s shoes. What her life must feel like. I have this newfound respect for the people who are having to deal with GamerGate, Brianna Wu and Anita [Sarkeesian].”
It’s chastened not just Rankowski, but also Hyde, the Million Dollar Extreme impresario.
“My aim right now is to calm these people down,” Hyde said. “I’ve learned my lesson.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
there's a comment from spokker jones in the buzzfeed comments

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Blue Train posted:

the true measure of something not being funny: being made into a live action adult swim show

- the dumbest human being in the universe

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
MDE is actually good.

I like tyler's new bowl cut. :)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

He mentioned GG ding dong ditching him and throwing pebbles at his window, now being terrified for his life. Buzzfeed took him seriously.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Gawker fell for it too, somebody just linked an ars technica article about it in the hell thread. Lmao

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
New York Post also fell for it.

good job MDE

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
someone post the interview where sam talks about edging for 16 hours a day

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

quote:

DEFEND YOURSELF: SAM HYDE OF MILLION DOLLAR EXTREME
Posted on April 11, 2013 by EMILY RESNEVIC Email
samhydepic
Sam Hyde is a lauded member of the YouTube comedy group Million Dollar Extreme, known most prominently for being “actually funny.” Hyde spoke to the Dig about hipsters, weed, and masturbation.

Alright, Sam Hyde. I’m going to say a word. And you just say whatever comes to mind. OK? “Hipster.”

Washed up wannabe douches.

Corporate sell-outs to the max! Drink expensive coffee more, dude.

Well said. I was curious what you’d come up with for that because I’m into your
“Williamsburg Street Fashion” videos the most. Can you make more?

Well, even though it seems like there’s no end to these too-cool-for-school people out there, I think the whole thing is kinda just wack at this point. Like, we’re so over this whole thing.

Got some stuff going through right now with Maker Studios, SXSW, some other very cool peeps who are asking us to flex our video muscle … Nothing set in stone yet but yeah, we’re over hipsters!

Fair enough. The whole idea of making fun of hipsters was getting kind of hipster itself, eh?

Yeah, abso-fruit-ly.

So what do you have planned coming up?

The main thing right now for us just getting hooked up with some of the other top YouTubers.

We’ve been talking to a bunch of people who all love our style, they basically see it as cutting-edge-as-gently caress and they want to mix a little bit of that with their videos.

Epic Mealtime, among others, I mean they’re kinda whack too but we’re gonna do something big man. Gonna own this city (YouHollywood)!

Yeah—it’s unique, for sure, the style of your videos I’ve seen so far. I’m curious about your vision when you started and where you want to take it.

I think we always just wanted to be the biggest baddest comedy show in town… You know, show these Goldsteins what’s up, take a big ol’ crap in this played out hipster party and kinda just be like known as paragons of “cool” I guess. Cool is kinda an abstract word but it’s a very real thing and I think that’s what we try to bring to the table, in our own sort of detached ironic way.

Would you say it’s probably best enjoyed whilst stoned?

(Laughs) Absolutely. I kinda feel like if you didn’t watch it stoned, it would just be so hyper and off-the-walls you’d just be all like, “Wha–?” (Laughs)

So yes, definitely stoned, ’cause that’s what we are when we’re makin’ it.

So … we’re doing this interview at 11 p.m. since your sleep schedule’s been “all hosed up lately.” What’s up with that?

Well I have a bit of a sexual problem where I will edge myself for like two to eight hours at a time and it’s truly compulsive. Like, I know it’s horrible, but I can’t stop. So I’ll hit the sack at midnight and next thing I know it’ll be 10 a.m. and I’m still doing it. Crazy right?

Feel free to tell people that. I decided early on to let that type of poo poo be known so that others who have problems too can identify. No joke.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

NutritiousSnack posted:

New York Post also fell for it.

good job MDE

shocker

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

some people linked to them online about this and buzzfeed/others refuse to correct. lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Tsinava posted:

MillionDollarMeltdown

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtRZFGUJnOA

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MDE makes u think

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

hes dennis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlsuqbnqARw

Bolek
May 1, 2003

big curls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Bojx3SMrw

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
monkey cheese attention whore internet troll performance artist manchild *moist fart*

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
why u do dis

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Good I'm glad.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
INTERNET DRAMA LULZ

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

quakster posted:

monkey cheese attention whore internet troll performance artist manchild *moist fart*

I'm going to tell a really long awesome story about this guy one day

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

WORLD PEACE @ 3:30AM on adultswim

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
which 3:30am there are so many

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

the folks at MDE are classy guys, they only read Penthouse for the articles...

https://instagram.com/p/3fV0R1mzbC/

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
love it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxUxe9hFU_M

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Finally published one of the things from the teaser video. Cool

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
MDE is just a really dedicated guy. He's arguably up there with the GNAA in terms of dedication. Maybe he's a member of the GNAA. Maybe Sam Hyde is the GNAA's latest injection into the human psyche. :iiam:

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Hell, Sam Hyde is a funny guy.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

quakster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sKg18lTqw

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

facebook jihad posted:

Finally published one of the things from the teaser video. Cool

haha the fat dork on the floor said "bob marley original music creative labs" in a really synthesized jamaican random way and they seem to be making fun of how old people perceive weed culture. never stop guys.

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax

bonvivant posted:

haha the fat dork on the floor said "bob marley original music creative labs" in a really synthesized jamaican random way and they seem to be making fun of how old people perceive weed culture. never stop guys.

You're a 'tard.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what a weird paradox...must be the white man

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ok, that's it, I officially like these guys

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
you know he gently caress the vaccuum. they both gently caress the vaccuum. do they take turns or do they both gently caress vaccuum at once?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EActHOQq0bI

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-qAREXVUXk

this is like the best video ever imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

lmbo

• Locked thread