Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We're pretty charming so, y'know, might as well use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Holy priest who consorts with vampires. drat.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
>Charm the Guard

As you confidently stride up to the guard, you pull a piece of blank parchment from behind your back and fold it up to look like a letter.

"Message for your master at arms, sir." As you approach the hooded man, you hold the parchment up and wave it before putting it back in your pocket.

"Give it here," the guard sighs, holding out his hand for the letter.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. I have direct orders to take it to whoever is in charge of your weapons - no middlemen. Something about intercepted shipments."

The guard eyes you warily, but his body is relaxed. "Intercepted shipments, you say?"

"Couriers getting too greedy," you sneer, grinding your teeth. He gives a sympathetic smile as you stride past him, entering deeper beneath the city and into their inner sanctum.

Hooded men and women kneel in rows, murmuring twisted prayers to the silver dragon crosses in their hands. On the walls hang bodies, mutilated in ritualistic ways with symbols painted in their own blood... Symbols that you have seen across all your encounters in the city... Symbols from the Exorcist's Doctrine.

You dare not stay long enough to be recognized. Besides, you now know who is behind the atrocities. The question on your mind as you duck into a shadowy staircase is... Why?

Well, that was...illuminating? At any rate, we know who to blame for this whole mess, but that doesn't mean our work here is done. There are a ton of new events, a few of which only show up if we've made the proper choices earlier in the game, so don't forget to follow up on some of our earlier leads!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

This game is nightmarishly hard to actually get running. It's kind of baffling, actually.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Ah, of course! The Exorcist's Doctrine!

...who are the Exorcist's Doctrine?

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
One of the options to vote on is an alliteration that sounds like a racist 1940s pulp novel.

Of course it's going to win by a landslide.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

I say we head to the artist commune and see what goodies we can scam from them.

But that cannibal thing....

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Are we the exorcists?

Are... are we the baddies?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Day 10: Hunt the Cannibal Kidnapper of Beyazit

We're starting off Chapter 4 by following up on one of our old leads - we have some unfinished business with a friend who's missing a hand these days.

You lift the kidnapped boy into your arms, and check him for wounds. There is a nasty bite in his shoulder, but that seems to be the worst of it. You pull your weapon out of the kidnapper's corpse as his head lolls to the side. His pointy, filed-down teeth still appear menacing from inside his slack mouth.

You carry the boy out of the hot alley and back into the covered bazaar, weaving through pillars and tents until you come to where his parents sell their wares. His mother and father cry out in relief as they run to you, taking the child and holding him close.

"Thank you!" the father says desperately. "Heaven be praised, you've saved my little Farrah! How can I ever repay you?"

You wave a hand, saying "A life spared from the horrors of this city is payment enough for me."

"No," replies the man, as the boy's mother rushes back into the tent with her son. "No, I must insist. Please, come in!"

Well, this seems straightforward enough. While both of these are fine rewards, we can only take one of them, and as a mage it's uh...not really much of a decision here.

>Take the Draught of Hammurabi

You see things you've never noticed before, and the meaning of people's words seem much plainer to you now.

Results

+1 Magic
+1 Intelligence

Updated Stats

Agility: 6
Dexterity: 5
Strength: 6
Constitution: 4
Intelligence: 9
Magic: 10

Charm: 9

And that's one more thing crossed off the ol' to-do list. What piques our tourist-sense next?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
We have a ship of the damned to infiltrate?

This sounds like the best plan and nothing can go wrong.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Shei-kun posted:

We have a ship of the damned to infiltrate?

This sounds like the best plan and nothing can go wrong.

I think that was the ship with the vampire chick we helped across the water because we're a super rad, helpful dude that takes time out of his vacation for stuff like that.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
After postponing Armageddon, discovering The Exorcist's Doctrine!, and killing The Cannibal Keeper!, a relaxing boat ride on The Ship of the Damned! seems to be in order.

nth Term
Nov 6, 2012
What kind of a vacation would this be if we didn't take some pictures to brag about back home?

To the artist communes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009

Artix posted:

Day 6: Wander at Night
A soft clicking sound drifts across the square, one you recognize from your nights in the Lebanese desert

But there literally aren't even any deserts in Lebanon! I wasn't expecting much, but seriously game. Come on.

Anyway, what vacation would be complete without visiting a Fortune Teller?

• Locked thread