Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Mega Man, Mega Man, Mega Man! How Dr. Wily hates the Blue Bomber! Time after time his schemes are foiled. Not this time, though. He gathers some of his best robot designs, refining and improving them, and sets to putting them together. Finally, all his New Robot Masters are ready. He sends the startup command to each of them, grinning wildly, preparing to brief them on his incredible scheme.

Then they start turning on each other. By the time Wily can order emergency containment, a handful of his Robot Masters are down!

Cut Man, Flash Man, Grenade Man and Strike Man (Robot Masters) were all destroyed by a plot device!

Thinking for a moment, he has Wood Man mulched. "All these ideas and I seriously thought bringing Wood Man back was good. Unbelievable! I gave that guy two chances. I need to work on... I dunno. Invincible Man. Deadly Man. Impossible Man."

Wood Man (Useless Robot Master) was destroyed by Dr. Wily!

Tinkering with their systems, Dr. Wily discovered that his new designs had no Robot Identification Chip, a core component of a Robot Master that allows it to properly identify other Robot Masters. "Great. Just... great." Making the best of a bad situation, he just lowers each robot's willingness to fight. "You robots figure out the best way to get rid of Mega Man and Dr. Light for good! Try not to blow each other up in the process. Just head for his lab. I'll send you reinforcements."

You arrive outside Light's Lab and the aformentioned reinforcements arrive in a cargo container. Some of them are unfamiliar; old, forgotten designs. You're pretty sure some of these aren't even true Robot Masters! In fact, during the introductions, you end up with several more robots than you did before. Hopelessly confused, you determine the best way to determine who is who is to dismantle each other, one by one, and read off your internal serial numbers.

My God. How was Wily ever a serious threat? No wonder he gets his rear end kicked by a small robot boy every few years. Grumbling, you set to your task.

Welcome! To Mega Man Mafia! This is a game for thirteen to twenty-one or more players! I have written a variety of roles that will be assigned at random once signups slow down. I am moderating and Tremendous Taste will be co-modding if necessary. This is, essentially, a Role Madness game in that there are no Vanilla Town or Vanilla Scum roles. Nevertheless I have designed the game to be more-or-less-fair at all playercounts - available roles will change as signups continue.

Rules!

:megaman: Relax! Mafia can be a bit heated but please remember this is just a game.
    :megaman: Do not edit your posts. Ever. Not even to fix spelling or grammar. This is your final warning.
    :megaman: Don't gently caress around with Toxxes, Truth or Dare, encryption, etc.
    :megaman: Do not talk with other players out of thread except in a mod-provided document.
    :megaman: No deadposting or posting after hammers. One single post-death post for generic "go team have fun" stuff is cool.
    :megaman: Do not post your Role PM or any part of any mod communication. I will clarify anything necessary in-thread.
    :megaman: Feel free to fakeclaim, but don't use fake actions.
    :megaman: Due to the nature of your flavors, flavor arguments would be really fukken dumb don't do it. I mean it's not a rule. I guess you can if you want to, you know, die.

Players and Status!

1. Amnistar, Copy Robot was decommissioned Day 2
  2. apostateCourier
  3. Asiina, Mega Man X lost a duel Day 3
  4. CapitalistPig
  5. CirclMastr
  6. Ernie., Sword Man lost a duel Day 2
  7. EXAKT Science
  8. Gamerofthegame
  9. Harold Krell, Bass was killed Night 1
  10. HiipFire, Galaxy Man crashed into a tree Night 2
  11. Kumbamontu
  12. Meinberg, Duo was toppled Day 3
  13. MildManeredManikin
  14. Pinterest Mom
  15. Poison Mushroom
  16. Quidnose
  17. Rarity
  18. Somberbrero

Votecount!

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I need to be Wood Man. Make me Wood Man.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Wood Man sucks. He sucks so bad. You cannot be Wood Man. You can be another Man (or perhaps a Woman) if you want though.

(Also I'd have to deal with hella boner jokes)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll sign up.

Also you can PM Ettin or whoever the mod is I dunno and they'll change the tag.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Make me Splash Woman.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to be the Protoman.

Also you should pm Clockwork this.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

God drat it I wasn't going to sign up for more games.

Sigh.

Sign me up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'll do this.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Robots are cool.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

yes yes yes put me in yes please i love megman me now yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will be Fart Man

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey im down for this

i dont have plat so my email is hiipfire@live.nl

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Eh, it's been a while since I've been in a game. Sure, I'm in.

I rescind my request.

apostateCourier fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 21, 2015

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I hadn't read the OP whenI requested Wood Man but nowI see he's already dead. Sad. Make me Turbo then

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
I would like to play.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Harold Krell posted:

I would like to play.

I'm glad to see you taking time out of your career.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Krell got an avatar!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I never was to good at Megaman because of those loving blocks.

If there's any of those loving blocks in this game you can know I'll vote them endlessly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

I rescind my request.

Me too

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Gamerofthegame posted:

I never was to good at Megaman because of those loving blocks.

If there's any of those loving blocks in this game you can know I'll vote them endlessly.

*scratches down in notebook, mumbles "Invisible moving blocks with no discernible pattern over bottomless pit - potential SK role"*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Don't leave me you jerks! :argh:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Don't leave me you jerks! :argh:

Sorry, but I'm not up for this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry, but I'm not up for this.

It's okay. If this goes over well I'm sure I'll run a similar setup. I can promise you that players won't see every available role this game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
You should just keep the game relatively small so as to not use all your potential roles, and to keep the game more personal. Bigger games tend to suck imo.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

You should just keep the game relatively small so as to not use all your potential roles, and to keep the game more personal. Bigger games tend to suck imo.

I'm really not expecting to hit more than 15 or 16. Even if I got 21 there would still be roles unused though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
How on earth could you possibly not want to be a part of any game with Harold Krell?

When he produces gold.......

http://tindeck.com/listen/sixh

http://tindeck.com/listen/gxya

:sun:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'll play.

Edit Aw.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'll play.

Edit Aw.

Am I missing something. Am I to be made sad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I thought people were talking about there being no more room.

If there's room, then yeah, I'll definitely play, but I'm gonna sidestep the obvious "I wanna be Splash Woman".

Make me Quint. :c00lbert:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm gonna sidestep the obvious "I wanna be Splash Woman".

wow rude

Pinterest Mom posted:

Make me Splash Woman.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oh no. We're up to our loving asses in room. Plenty of room. For your rear end, and the asses of others.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm in if there's space, I can't tell.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah you put us at 13 which is good, but I wanna see if I can get a few more. Maybe newbies. Probably not. We'll see.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Put me down for Destroyman.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I'm in if you're looking for more.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Max22 posted:

I'm in if you're looking for more.

Yes, yesss.

Gonna leave this open until Friday; role PMs should be going out Friday night or early Saturday.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'm back in.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I can't handle all the twists and turns in this game already!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Oooh! Pick me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread