Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
This game is so loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Have anyone linked this video yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX_G8jtZceg

I guess Notch does have some spare time nowadays.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Control Volume posted:

Also all you people making crazy poo poo for the drone repair are absolutely insane.

This is the way I solved it first.

The turret gets replaced exactly one cycle after it gets destroyed.

Also note the connector getting pushed away, breaking the connection to the destroyers, and then falling down to the left to unblock the tank from the belt.

Not sure if smart or just really really dumb.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Control Volume posted:

:psyduck: I can't say it's dumb because even thinking of a system like that is beyond me, much less designing it.

The most surprising part is that once I got the parts aligned the way I wanted them, this more or less worked right away with very little tweaking. I have no idea how I managed that.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Somewhat proud about this concidering I got a better score on both cycles and footprint at the same time:

Haven't unlocked all blocks yet though.

Need to add more people from the goon group.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
This game is the _best_

http://i.imgur.com/MM4NOeY.gif for solution (spoilers I guess).
Felt pretty smart when that worked.

Edit: just realized it can be optimized a few more tiles.

Buffis fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 27, 2015

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
This reddit thread has some pretty extreme examples of rotator abuse for low cycles:
http://www.reddit.com/r/infinifactory/comments/2ts3md/spoilers_a_cycle_optimization_trick/

edit: And yeah, I like footprint optimization a lot more too.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Mr. Peepers posted:

Footprint status: maximized.

I prefer to carve out my chairs from solid blocks of stone.

Both footprint and cycles are kindof awkward, but it looks cool.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

TheKnife posted:

Before I finish my solution for Furnished Studio Apartment, could I get a confirmation that the wall piece doesn't need to be rotated 180 degrees?

It seems that way from the top tile pattern, but I haven't tried yet.

It does not need to be rotated. It comes out with the correct alignment.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
I really don't understand how people are having issues with relay satelite.
You just need to drop the pillar first, and then drop the side pieces to weld them in place.
I drop one of the side pieces at the same time as the center pillar here, but it's fine to drop it later as well.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Some dude on reddit posted this relay satelite solution which I found pretty hilarious.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
Got this footprint down to 29, but the lowest someone in my friendslist has is 27.

This is not pretty.

I've totally given up on getting rid of those last two footprint :(

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Lima posted:

Also welding together 9 blocks and only using 2 of them is awesome :v:

It's actually just 6 blocks. I don't want to be wasteful!

Control Volume posted:

The trick is to not rotate the welded assembly.

Yeah, I actually figured that out, but I still need one block to keep the center area thing in place, so that it does not fall down on the bottom track.
Here's what I came up with for 28. Some unneeded stuff towards the end but nothing that adds footprint.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Control Volume posted:

Haha the support block, the trick to that is ultimately finding out a way to have it attach to the output structure. I solved that problem by having my top block go sideways at the end (the entire line was shifted over by one after the stamper). Then once you do that all you have to do is figure out how to weld them together. :)

I came up with something better!
Attaching to the output structure is cheating. Flying unsupported structures are cooler!

Boom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib
I don't really understand how he's able to produce both Infinifactory and TIS-100 the same year, cause this poo poo's _amazing_

• Locked thread