Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I like that this was all started because D'Qwell Jackson realized there was no way he could intercept a regular football like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I would just love to be a fly on the wall in the Pats FO right now. All hell is probably breaking lose. I can't wait for the press release / conference.

:confuoot::derp::f5::bustem::okpos::patriot:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Belichick got fined half a million for Spygate and that apparently wasn't enough to deter him. Hoping he gets a Sean-Payton-style season-long suspension this time around.

as a pats fan, agreed. The league is far too tolerant.

Eltoasto posted:

I like that this was all started because D'Qwell Jackson realized there was no way he could intercept a regular football like that.

sounds like this is totally on brady then

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Declare Pats inelligible for the Super Bowl, reseed AFC and replay the playoffs, Super Bowl in March.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

whatis posted:

make the pats play with overinflated balls in the superbowl imo

Replay Pats vs Colts with the Pats having to use properly inflated balls and the Colts having to be intoxicated with each player possessing an entire trash bag full of narcotics.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

tk posted:

Declare Pats inelligible for the Super Bowl, reseed AFC and replay the playoffs, Super Bowl in March.

Steelers still lose in first round; I continue to be unhappy.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Joe Montana never cheated. :smug:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Zyla posted:

as a pats fan, agreed. The league is far too tolerant.

As a Pats fan, this is what i want to happen if it comes out Belichick did order this:

Suspend Belichick for the superbowl. Hopefully the Pats win.

When Brady takes the podium and accepts the trophy, he should look Goodell straight in the eyes and say, 'this is for Bill', and just walk off.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
pls add this to the OP immediately, TIA.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

davecrazy posted:

Am i missing something here?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Its a deflated football?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Wait are we talking about the Patriots' balls or the Colts D's balls here?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

davecrazy posted:

Its a deflated football?

That's it? :effort:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

imo the Pats should be awarded draft picks for their deflated brass balls

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

bad photoshop time!

e: I did not make this, i stole it off my twitter feed.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 21, 2015

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh, I thought you were being meta and pretending that it looked like a fine football to play with.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

davecrazy posted:

Its a deflated football?

Whatever, added, weird request.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ironicat:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

davecrazy posted:

bad photoshop time!

Ok a bit better

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The biggest penalty is gonna be some loss of a 6th round pick or some bullshit but I'm gonna lol so hard if Belichick gets suspended for the Super Bowl or something.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

If the pats did do it I'd actually bet they hosed with the tempature before testing by using hot air or warming the balls so the cold air deflated them naturally. Which actually might technically not be a violation under the strict wording of the rule which only forbids tampering after the inspection. If I was going to try to pull this off that's how id do it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hope Belichick gets suspended for the super bowl, but ends up on the sideline in disguise Bobby Valentine style.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

evilweasel posted:

If the pats did do it I'd actually bet they hosed with the tempature before testing by using hot air or warming the balls so the cold air deflated them naturally. Which actually might technically not be a violation under the strict wording of the rule which only forbids tampering after the inspection. If I was going to try to pull this off that's how id do it.

Considering Bill's explanation of considering a domed stadium as being a roof in Spygate, I'm almost certain they did something like this if they actually intentionally did it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pats should be banned from post season play and lose scholarships.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

death penalty imo

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

I just wish that the Seahawks had been caught with deflated balls.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The most no win thing for BB would be for him to get suspended for the Superbowl.

They lose and nothing but what-ifs and did BB's cheating cost the Pats a Superbowl win. They win, and he becomes expendable.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

They'll probably get a harsher punishment than what Penn State ultimately got.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There's no way you'd lose 1-2 pounds of PSI just from weather and usage, right? On all but one ball?

And while the story doesn't make this clear, these are the 12 balls the Patriots had reserved for their own offense, correct? The Colts had their own 12 balls reserved? If the Colts' weren't also underinflated by roughly the same amount, hoo boy.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

evilweasel posted:

If this is what they actually did I'm going to take my love of the Pats, which is already at an all-time high, and kick it up one more notch.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

I hope Belichick gets suspended for the super bowl, but ends up on the sideline in disguise Bobby Valentine style.

I'm rooting for it to have been McDaniels' fault, and they let Brady call the plays for a game.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Only Wilson getting deflated around here is Russell.

:vince:

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

tk posted:

Declare Pats ineligible for the Super Bowl, reseed the divisions and replay the season, Super Bowl in August. We need more football.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Belichick is going to pay that instagram model to break up with Wilson the day of the game.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

evilweasel posted:

It sounds like they are measuring by weight/mass rather than pressure so that wouldn't have any impact?
If that's true though 2 lbs is a loving huge quantity of air. The damned things must have been almost flat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eltoasto posted:

Belichick is going to pay that instagram model to break up with Wilson the day of the game.

Why would he do that it isn't like Golden Tate is busy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DancingMachine posted:

It sounds like they are measuring by weight/mass rather than pressure so that wouldn't have any impact?
If that's true though 2 lbs is a loving huge quantity of air. The damned things must have been almost flat.

I read somewhere the balls are supposed to weigh 14 ounces, so that can't be right. It was 2 psi.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

DancingMachine posted:

Which means that the officials should have noticed, considering they handle the ball on every single play.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BTW, if you have a football in your house and a gauge check it out. 2 PSI is a noticeable difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DancingMachine posted:

The two pounds relates to psi and the balls would be wet after the game so you can't control by weight after the game.

• Locked thread