Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hello and welcome to a new modern-day TEW LP thread for 2015. If you've never seen one of these before, well, it's quite simple really – I play the wrestling management simulator Total Extreme Wrestling 2013, as the owner or booker of the WWE, and you help me out at key points. I decided to start this up because I greatly missed Rarity's Zero Buys LP, which was great. There is another longstanding and active TEW LP thread featuring teams booking the major feds of the Monday Night Wars here, and it rules for any number of reasons.

In terms of format, this will be simple for you all – one option is to play it the way the MNW LP is played, with every aspect of a fed, from hiring and salary negotiation to show booking and storyline writing, delegated to player-committees. But I don't have the organizational skills to keep that together and besides, the WWE in the modern day is a superpower that is essentially impossible to challenge. From a more practical standpoint, opening up all those aspects of the game to forum decision will slow it down. So I'm following Rarity's loose format, which has me playing and writing up the game and pitching certain key decisions to the thread.
----------

So a few things first: I play TEW in my free time, but I am by no means a master. To make things easier for myself, I'll probably play with Perfect Show Theory turned off. And if you don't think something's working or you'd like to see a change in booking or write-ups, let me know.

Second thing is, the mod that I use (Cpt Charisma's real world mod) doesn't seem to have been updated for a few months, and as such I'm stuck using the August 2014 version of the mod – our first PPV will be Summerslam (aka Night of the Suplex, irl). I've had to go into the files and adjust a few things – taking Alberto Del Rio off the roster, setting Corey Graves as retired and taking colour commentary gigs, cutting out TNA's deal with Spike, etc. but card position and heat of the roster are more or less where they were then. we're starting in January 2015, in the lead up to the Rumble. Brock has the WWE unified title, Ziggler has the IC strap, Rusev is US champ, and the Usos are warming the tag belts. There are currently no storylines in play.

-----------

So with all that established, there are some things we need to establish before we begin:

1) Should we play as an owner or a booker? We chose to play as booker under company owner Vince McMahon's Raging Id!

2) Who should the player avatar be? We chose The Mystery Box, which turned out to contain Kurt Angle!

Our PPVs So Far:
2015 Royal Rumble
No Way Out
IYH: ICHIBAN

quote:

Our current roster as of IYH: ICHIBAN (end of February) is as follows:

Graphics for easy linking:

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

We should be a booker dealing with whatever craziness the Eater of Ketchup demands.

It's Time to play The Game.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
Can we not have JoMo win Money in the Bank and then immediately retcon it this time?

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
^^^^ :hf:

owner

mystery box (please be John Morrison)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Let's have our Avatar be Vince, as a Booker, taking orders from the smaller angrier Vince that lives in his head.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Finally, I can fantasy book and nobody can be mad at me for it!

Owner with insane mandates.

TRIPLE H. ON YA KNEES, DOUG!

The box must have a severed head in it, so I assume Al Snow will be involved.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What's in the Box!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Booker/box

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Push El Torito

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Triple H, prepare for real life- No wait! We have to play as Vince McMahon, but still only play as the booker, subject to the whims of our own insane Psyche!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Vince McMahon, dammit!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Vince's Better Nature/Vince

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We need to be the booker because catering to the insane whims of Vince McMahon sounds more entertaining.

Also, I want to play the Game. But The Box, it beckons.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 22, 2015

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Senerio posted:

What's in the Box!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sign Uhaa Nation and pick the box in that order

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Play as a booker with the mystery box avatar

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We should play as The BOOKAAAAAAAAAHHHHH and be The box, the box!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Fart Radio posted:

Can we not have JoMo win Money in the Bank and then immediately retcon it this time?
I make no promises

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
The box! The box!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Agreed

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Owner/Box.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Play as HHH, the booker. Playing as Vince is too easy because we couldn't be as insane as him if we tried.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Booker / box -

we all know its Dr Cube in the box

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Booker and Triple H.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Booker and Triple H.

Quick question? I have an up to date this very month mod. The challenge would be harder with it being this very month...but that sort is the point.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Do you have a link to where you got it? I prefer Cpt Charisma's stuff cuz it's generally thorough and the stat spreads are pretty reasonable, but EWWarehouse doesn't have anything past, like, April (which provokes the question of where I got the August version from - the answer is that I have no idea).

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Let's see what's in the box!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Here's to score so far (+1 to Mystery Box since I took the screenshot)

Also I checked and, much like a man cannot be his own father, a man cannot be a booker subject to himself. If we play as Vince it will be as owner.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Here's to score so far (+1 to Mystery Box since I took the screenshot)

Also I checked and, much like a man cannot be his own father, a man cannot be a booker subject to himself. If we play as Vince it will be as owner.

Couldn't you just create a custom character named Vince McMahons Sanity or something? Stat it exactly like Vince to work as Booker?

I'm sorry but the idea of Vinnie Mac screaming at himself for how his product is turning out is too hilarious.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Also, push Cesaro.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Put the belt on the Titty Master, dammit!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Settle down people, we will figure out pushes when and only when Vince has inspected the roster's quads

Onmi posted:

Couldn't you just create a custom character named Vince McMahons Sanity or something? Stat it exactly like Vince to work as Booker?

I'm sorry but the idea of Vinnie Mac screaming at himself for how his product is turning out is too hilarious.
Now that you mention it, there is a "duplicate record" function...

*e also my other computer has an October 2014 database?? I am really confused now. We can just use that one I guess

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jan 22, 2015

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Do you have a link to where you got it? I prefer Cpt Charisma's stuff cuz it's generally thorough and the stat spreads are pretty reasonable, but EWWarehouse doesn't have anything past, like, April (which provokes the question of where I got the August version from - the answer is that I have no idea).
It's from a dude called Fiesh, so I'm guessing your going to stick with the mod you got but here you go anyway

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mhe9lkdxo2bd14v/Chronicles_Jan.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nfdcm089tcfu03i/RWC_People_Jan.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ccnlv54wylhjdye/RWC_Logos_Belts.rar

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Settle down people, we will figure out pushes when and only when Vince has inspected the roster's quads

Now that you mention it, there is a "duplicate record" function...

As much as a desperately want to be THE KING OF KINGS, being Vince beholden to Vince's insane subconscious would actually be a great gimmick. I'm not changing my vote though, because if we were truly in character as Vince we'd never put the belt on Ambrose :colbert:

Also if you do get a "literally right now," mod for this so our very first booking assignment can be the Royal Rumble I will mark the gently caress out because ours will probably be better than the real one.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Second thing is, the mod that I use (Cpt Charisma's real world mod) doesn't seem to have been updated for a few months, and as such I'm stuck using the August 2014 version of the mod.

It has, just not on the website. Here is January 2015.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ah, I was in the wrong forum apparently! Thank you for the link, I'll plug this into TEW and see how things look. If it checks out I'll just revise the OP to say that we're starting from January.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Booker / Box

I love TEW but I'm pretty bad at it. Can't wait to a watch someone else gently caress everything up

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Senerio posted:

What's in the Box!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Booker, and I gotta pick box.

I hope it's Booker T in the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Booker.

The mystery box could be anything. Even Triple H! I'll take the box.

• Locked thread