Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
How soon can we hire Bob Sapp?

Sapp time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
So glad to see one of these again, I loved the last one.

I love the idea of :vince: Vinception :vince: too much not to do it, though I propose a slight wrinkle:

We play as Booker Vince McMahon, subject to the made-up whims of Basic Chunnel, who will play the role of Owner Vince McMahon.

Our player avatar will be Mr. McMahon.

I won't shed any tears if we open the box, but that's my vote for what it's worth.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Oh don't worry, we're halfway there already

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

It seems almost certain at this point that the Mystery Box Contestant will get the booking job, but the owner AI usually has a light touch when it comes to demands - denying hiring bids beyond a certain threshold, insisting on pushes, etc. I can always go beyond that and add the personal Vince touch even if we're not playing as Vince - for example, say we've resolved to push Big E through the midcard and he's going after the US title. Big E shows up on PPV day and walks by the boss, who demands to know why he isn't wearing any cologne. E gets some but it just makes Vince feel insulted, so he overrides the booking and has Big E eat a loss. That sort of thing. Not an every-single-show kind of thing, but enough to be fun.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I hope it's Dean Ambrose in the box so we can push ourselves to the moon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

I hope it's Dean Ambrose in the box so we can push ourselves to the moon

I hope it's Vince Russo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hope it's Ken The Box.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I hope it's Bryan Alvarez, and someone combs through or recalls Alvarez's booking ideas and he keeps recommending those.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sourpuss posted:

How soon can we hire Bob Sapp?

Sapp time!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope it's Vince Russo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope Vince makes us suddenly abandon everything and run a shoot tournament to spite CM Punk.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Shima Honnou posted:

I hope it's Booker T in the box.
It's a picture of Scott Hall.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's Booker holding the picture.

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Owner/Box.

Though being at Vince's mercy sounds entertaining, I vote this.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Booker,

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Please hire Bruce Thrope des and Big Daddy Yum Yum

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

(Sorry for the delay! Had some stuff come up unexpectedly that needed to be resolved)

Prograps Unlimited Issue 1357, for the 1st week of January 2015

Big news to start the new year, here are the scoops!

- Out With The Old, In With the New??: Massive shakeups are said to be happening in Stamford today as Vince McMahon is said to have instated a new regime for a new year. My source tells me that Vince McMahon "literally changed the WWE's direction overnight" after having "a prophetic dream". McMahon sent a mass text to all WWE brass to assemble in the boardroom at 5 AM on New Year's day, but by the time they had assembled he had forgotten the dream's contents. Things got heated but nevertheless he was undeterred in making big changes to the day-to-day running of his empire.

- Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!: Not much is confirmed as of this time, but hardcore wrestling fans will be no doubt be thrilled to know that Kevin Dunn is out of an executive role in the company. However the only things we know are (a) contrary to the expectations of many, Triple H will not be assuming creative direction of the company at this time. He's said to have taken full and unchallenged control of NXT programming instead. This was described as an amicable deal, and Trips' status as a wrestler and onscreen character is unaffected.

- Fresh Is The Head That Wears The Crown: Rumors abound as to who Vince has named to effectively helm the WWE at this time, though it's obvious that, as always, the buck will stop at him. My source tells me that, in a bizarre scene, Vince presented the WWE board of directors with a list of 12 names, all well known in the wrestling business, and then rolled dice repeatedly to eliminate candidates until only one remained. The details: They're an active in-ring performer who has, by all accounts, a troubled history with the WWE. How a deal was struck was not evident but the new creative lead of the WWE will be unveiled on RAW tonight. Quite a gambit!

Other News Stories:
- NJPW midcarder Manabu Nakanashi appeared on the Today show to be interviewed about his workout regimen. However, without an interpreter on hand, the interview consisted primarily of awkward silence. Nakanashi then flipped a large tire in an impressive show of strength and frustration.

- Scarlett Bordeaux has, for the 2nd straight year, won PrograpsUnlimited.net's Grapsy award for Best SEO Management. Bordeaux thanked the wrestling public in an effusive email and linked to her Vimeo page.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 26, 2015

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Is it Batista?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oh my loving god it's Jeff Jarrett in the box

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Give Cesaro a new gimmick where he rushes the ring during a match, lays out both jobbers, says "it's pronounced 'ah-ni-may'", then leaves.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I Before E posted:

oh my loving god it's Jeff Jarrett in the box

looks like wwe #joinedtheforce

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Rehire JTG and push him to the main event.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Demolition was still working as recently as 2012, get them signed quicklike.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Give Cesaro a new gimmick where he rushes the ring during a match, lays out both jobbers, says "it's pronounced 'ah-ni-may'", then leaves.

ANIME
ANIMATION
ANIMATION BUT GERMAN
ANIMAZIONE
AND WHATEVER IT IS IN SWISS DIALECT

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is all leading to a big tag team push where a returning New Jack pairs with him and they call it Team The New Jack Swing.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Hire Skunkrocker.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
no but seriously hire JTG

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

It's Shane Douglas and he booked Ric Flair in a Dick in a Box match

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm hyped for this. My current TEW game is in 2026 and the AI currently has main event feuds of Bray Wyatt vs Xavier Woods and Magnus vs Luke Harper, here's hoping that somehow the mystery box mind can top that

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm hyped for this. My current TEW game is in 2026 and the AI currently has main event feuds of Bray Wyatt vs Xavier Woods and Magnus vs Luke Harper, here's hoping that somehow the mystery box mind can top that

The most amazing future.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Board of Investors Meeting, Monday Week 1, January 2015

Ladies and gentleman of the Board, thank you for meeting here today. As you may have heard, the WWE has entered into a transitional period, and by Vince McMahon's request and that of our new creative director, your input has been solicited regarding various matters in the stewardship of our product. We have several issues on the agenda that should be resolved before our booking for RAW solidifies.

Matters Before the Board:
1) WWE Title Picture
2) Brock to Drop or Retain?
3) The Royal Rumble
4) Storylines and Formats

1) WWE Title Picture

With the new creative regime comes an opportunity to rebuild our product from the ground up. Previously we had been building a title program with Brock Lesnar as defending champion against John Cena and MITB contract holder Seth Rollins, but our analysts have reviewed our test audience data and they've assured me that at this point, we can break with that program with no harm to any of the talent involved. However, apathy with the product seems to have been strong enough that if we continue with the program from this point, we'll be starting from square 1 in terms of momentum.

So with that having been said, who should be slotted into the title picture at the 2015 Royal Rumble? Pick one or two (if two, one must be a face).

a. John Cena
Cena is, as always, our most prized pony, rated “A” in overness the world over. We know that he can work with Brock, and that they can draw. The question is whether or not we want to take a chance on someone else, or proceed as before and insert a third worker into the storyline to build heat. The latter allows us to involve another heel. There’s also the possibility that a third worker could eat the pin to protect both Brock and Cena, but for such a thing to happen here? In the WWE? Unlikely.

b. Seth Rollins
Seth has been a real success story for the WWE, coming into his own as a legitimate main event heel after many believed him the most unappreciated member of the Shield. He’s a fantastic worker and promo, but he currently has middling main event overness and there’s some concern that putting him over Brock would be too much too soon. It’s also worth nothing that he holds the 2014 Money In the Bank contract and as such he’s bound for a title showing whether or not he’s chosen for the RR match. He would have to be a third contender for the title if chosen due to his heel alignment.

c. Randy Orton
Randy's recent turn as a loose cannon face has gone well, and in terms of overness he’s second only to Cena (and tied with Bryan), but his last title run made him out to be a chump (despite typically underrated work on his part). He could serve as a belt pillow for an up-and-coming heel like Rollins, but allowing him to do so would mean putting him over Brock, which is a tall order. One should also keep in mind that Randy has a creative control clause in his contract and that can mean trouble if we're not careful.

d. Dean Ambrose
With Daniel Bryan out of action for the moment, Dean is our top worker in terms of causing hardcore fans to play Cassandra. Like Seth Rollins he is a great worker and a master on the mic, but his overness leaves some room to be desired insofar as the title picture is concerned. We may wish to go easy on the trigger for this one.

e. Daniel Bryan
DBry is a fan favorite and a Brock / Bryan matchup is one that a lot of people have been clamoring for. However, due to his shoulder issues he won't be cleared for in-ring work until a week or so before the Rumble. We can use him in promos and angles to build him up, but it might not be enough, and he'd have to get over ring rust in short order to put on a good match.

f. Dolph Ziggler
Dolph is a great talent and he's worked his rear end off, but his overness is on the low end of the main event spectrum and he needs to rebuild momentum. Putting him over would likely hurt Brock more than it would help Dolph.

g. Kane
Always on speed dial in case we need a gently caress finish. It should be noted that he is the WWE's top-drawing full time heel, however. Still, he's past his prime and should be putting people over.

h. The Miz
lol

- - -

2) Should Brock drop the belt or retain?
He still has the unfuckwithable heat he gained from putting down the Undertaker's streak at WM30, and he's the most credible monster we've had since Andre. But he has to fall at some point. With Wrestlemania 31 gracing screens across the globe in 2 months' time, we need to have a plan in place for its main event. Putting over the Royal Rumble winner at WM30 against Brock seems imminently sensible (and there's also the matter of Seth Rollins' guaranteed title shot). But the board may want to go another way.

- - -

3) Who should win at the Rumble?
Winning the Rumble is as clear a signal as any that the WWE is putting stock in a superstar as main event royalty. Nobody wants to repeat last year's shitshow, so we need to commit to somebody and make sure they've got heat for WM.

a. Daniel Bryan
The clearest choice is to correct last year's mistake and send DBry to the main event in the most direct way, as a face challenger. This one speaks for itself, mostly. In order to build heat we'd probably put him in a short program with someone and put Bryan over that worker in the RR match, then transition into a 2-month program with whoever's got the title. But we'd be doing that with whoever wins.

b. Dolph Ziggler
IC curse aside, Dolph is a main eventer and for all the devaluation that Survivor Series has experienced over the years, Dolph was put over well there. A Royal Rumble win could solve his heat problems and set him up for his big Wrestlemania moment. It could also waste one of the biggest gifts we can give a worker.

c. Dean Ambrose
The same reservations apply as above - does the title picture have room for him? Is it his time? We'd be making a big commitment. But he could very well be ready. And if we were willing to bring the WWE's focus fully to bear on its next generation of superstars, the former members of the Shield would be our deliverance.

d. Bray Wyatt
Poor Bray, perhaps the most pronounced and recent casualty of the WWE's conservatism with regard to putting heels over. And yet, his momentum is even greater than Brock's, even as his overness is middling for a main eventer. How else to launch a man in the margins to the top than through the RR?

e. Randy Orton
The safe and unexciting choice.

f. Ryback
Coming back from time off as a face gave the Big Guy a flush of momentum. He's an upper midcarder and thus it might be more of a challenge to get him to title contention overness, but we've got time.

- - -

For all intents and purposes, we're starting on square one in terms of our storylines from today. In order to keep our viewers happy, we need at minimum 3 hot programs at any one time. We can easily fill that quota with main event and upper midcard matchups. However, one of our primary concerns is organization.

One option that we can consider is an informal brand split. That is, talent is not restricted to a given brand, but each show will have storylines whose matches are mostly relegated to its airtime (promos and videos can also cross brand lines to fill the massive amounts of time on other shows). So for example, you might have main event and upper midcard storylines for both RAW and Smackdown, and a tag team storyline more loosely distributed between the two. This would also allow more life for the undercard, with more modestly over wrestlers involved in programs on Main Event and Superstars. Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Should we keep the distributed storylines through the entire product? Keep things loose on the A/B shows and shore up the low card on the C shows?
- - -
And with that having been addressed, we need to decide on programs. Our WWE title program is obviously going to be there, and we'll set Daniethe RR winner against a suitable opponent to build short-term heat, but what else should we pursue? Here are some ideas. Choose two to four of them.

a. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins
If the title picture falls to others, we can always keep our new main eventers on a collision course with each other. This has been a hot program that many felt was prematurely dropped in favor of servicing Orton's face turn and bringing Rollins closer to a title picture that didn't guarantee room for him.

/
b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt or Stardust for the IC championship
We could definitely be well-served by rehabilitating our midcard titles. Right now, on Ziggler, it's a bit higher than the midcard, and we can set him up against other high card opponents. Wyatt and Stardust are young and have the heat to be contenders.

/
c. Rusev vs. Ryback or BNB for the US Title
Rusev's got a hot streak and the US strap, and Ryback, more than any midcard face (other than Swagger, and we've been there), has the momentum to challenge him for it. Not a ton of room for an obligatory patriotic angle here, and who knows how these two will get on in the ring, but it's an option. BNB is our other option - his momentum's not nearly as high as Ryback's but he's close enough to Rusev to make it work if we wanted to go in that direction.

d. Triple H vs. Mystery Box RAW GM
We don't yet know who's in the Mystery Box, but there's no reason why we can't bring the seismic shifts in WWE management out of the back (embellished, of course). Triple H would be trying to reassert his and the Authority's power versus this new face authority figure. They would, in all likelihood, fight in promos and by proxy, but in-ring confrontations aren't out of the picture.

e. The Usos vs. Cesaro and Kidd for the Tag Team championship
The only tag matchup that has yet to be done. Kidd is slotted as an opener due to his being away for so long, but Cesaro could have the heat to carry the team and it may serve to drag Kidd up the card to a position more worthy of his talents.

f. Paul Heyman or Ric Flair NXT Client vs. R-Truth or Curtis Axel OR Paul Heyman guy vs. Ric Flair guy
Here we have an opportunity to use one (or two) of the best promos in the business to help bring up a fresh worker. This would entail bringing up one or two NXT talents immediately. Note that the only means by which we could bring up two would be if we brought up Owens - he's currently the only talent over enough to debut out of the opener/ET ghetto and putting two openers against one another will probably hurt them more than it helps. The talent least unready for recall are listed here: Kevin Owens, Adrian Neville, CJ Parker, Danilo Anfibio, Enzo Amore, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Solomon Crowe, Sylvester Lefort, Viktor.

g. Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt
Two high-momentum guys who have historically been used to put over people the company has liked more. What could go wrong?

And lastly, who do we put up against AJ Lee for the Women's Title: Cameron, Paige, or Nikki Bella?
- - -

Sorry for the text dump, but there's a lot of tablesetting to be done in a fresh game.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 23, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
uhaa nation

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

So we're starting three weeks into the rumble build? The first Monday of January was the 5th

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

So we're starting three weeks into the rumble build? The first Monday of January was the 5th
We have a full four weeks of TV before the Rumble

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

1) WWE Title Picture

c. Randy Orton

retain

a. Daniel Bryan

/
b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt or Stardust for the IC championship
We could definitely be well-served by rehabilitating our midcard titles. Right now, on Ziggler, it's a bit higher than the midcard, and we can set him up against other high card opponents. Wyatt and Stardust are young and have the heat to be contenders.

We don't yet know who's in the Mystery Box, but there's no reason why we can't bring the seismic shifts in WWE management out of the back (embellished, of course). Triple H would be trying to reassert his and the Authority's power versus this new face authority figure. They would, in all likelihood, fight in promos and by proxy, but in-ring confrontations aren't out of the picture.

And lastly, who do we put up against AJ Lee for the Women's Title: Cameron, Paige, or Nikki Bella?
Cameron

Sorry for the text dump, but there's a lot of tablesetting to be done in a fresh game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wait. Are Barrett and Reigns still injured in this game? That sucks. I wanted Barrett to win the Rumble. :(

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

1) WWE Title Picture

d. Dean Ambrose
With Daniel Bryan out of action for the moment, Dean is our top worker in terms of causing hardcore fans to play Cassandra. Like Seth Rollins he is a great worker and a master on the mic, but his overness leaves some room to be desired insofar as the title picture is concerned. We may wish to go easy on the trigger for this one.

Retain

Winning the Rumble is as clear a signal as any that the WWE is putting stock in a superstar as main event royalty. Nobody wants to repeat last year's shitshow, so we need to commit to somebody and make sure they've got heat for WM.

a. Daniel Bryan
The clearest choice is to correct last year's mistake and send DBry to the main event in the most direct way, as a face challenger. This one speaks for itself, mostly. In order to build heat we'd probably put him in a short program with someone and put Bryan over that worker in the RR match, then transition into a 2-month program with whoever's got the title. But we'd be doing that with whoever wins.

- - -

For all intents and purposes, we're starting on square one in terms of our storylines from today. In order to keep our viewers happy, we need at minimum 3 hot programs at any one time. We can easily fill that quota with main event and upper midcard matchups. However, one of our primary concerns is organization.

One option that we can consider is an informal brand split. That is, talent is not restricted to a given brand, but each show will have storylines whose matches are mostly relegated to its airtime (promos and videos can also cross brand lines to fill the massive amounts of time on other shows). So for example, you might have main event and upper midcard storylines for both RAW and Smackdown, and a tag team storyline more loosely distributed between the two. This would also allow more life for the undercard, with more modestly over wrestlers involved in programs on Main Event and Superstars. Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Should we keep the distributed storylines through the entire product? Keep things loose on the A/B shows and shore up the low card on the C shows?
- - -
And with that having been addressed, we need to decide on programs. Our WWE title program is obviously going to be there, and we'll set Daniethe RR winner against a suitable opponent to build short-term heat, but what else should we pursue? Here are some ideas. Choose two to four of them.

/
b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt for the IC championship

The only tag matchup that has yet to be done. Kidd is slotted as an opener due to his being away for so long, but Cesaro could have the heat to carry the team and it may serve to drag Kidd up the card to a position more worthy of his talents.

f. Paul Heyman or Ric Flair NXT Client vs. R-Truth or Curtis Axel OR Paul Heyman guy vs. Ric Flair guy
Here we have an opportunity to use one (or two) of the best promos in the business to help bring up a fresh worker. This would entail bringing up one or two NXT talents immediately. Note that the only means by which we could bring up two would be if we brought up Owens - he's currently the only talent over enough to debut out of the opener/ET ghetto and putting two openers against one another will probably hurt them more than it helps. The talent least unready for recall are listed here: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn.

loving NAOMI YOU DIPSHIT

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Reigns is injured ("stomach infection") for 43 days, so he's more or less hosed for this year's WM cycle. Barrett's in the mix but he's a face with middling heat. I'll add him to the options for US title contendership!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

Reigns is injured ("stomach infection") for 43 days, so he's more or less hosed for this year's WM cycle. Barrett's in the mix but he's a face with middling heat.

Glad to see this mod is accurate.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also I'm keeping the voting open til, 4 PM EST tomorrow! Cast your ballots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

Reigns is injured ("stomach infection") for 43 days, so he's more or less hosed for this year's WM cycle. Barrett's in the mix but he's a face with middling heat. I'll add him to the options for US title contendership!

Ok. Turn Barrett Heel and make him the new authority heavy instead of Big Show or whoever.

Basic Chunnel posted:

1) WWE Title Picture

b. Seth Rollins
Seth has been a real success story for the WWE, coming into his own as a legitimate main event heel after many believed him the most unappreciated member of the Shield. He’s a fantastic worker and promo, but he currently has middling main event overness and there’s some concern that putting him over Brock would be too much too soon. It’s also worth nothing that he holds the 2014 Money In the Bank contract and as such he’s bound for a title showing whether or not he’s chosen for the RR match. He would have to be a third contender for the title if chosen due to his heel alignment.

c. Randy Orton
Randy's recent turn as a loose cannon face has gone well, and in terms of overness he’s second only to Cena (and tied with Bryan), but his last title run made him out to be a chump (despite typically underrated work on his part). He could serve as a belt pillow for an up-and-coming heel like Rollins, but allowing him to do so would mean putting him over Brock, which is a tall order. One should also keep in mind that Randy has a creative control clause in his contract and that can mean trouble if we're not careful.

- - -

Retain
- - -

a. Daniel Bryan
- - -

/
b. Dolph Ziggler vs. Bray Wyatt for the IC championship

/
c. Rusev vs. Ryback for the US Title
Rusev's got a hot streak and the US strap, and Ryback, more than any midcard face (other than Swagger, and we've been there), has the momentum to challenge him for it. Not a ton of room for an obligatory patriotic angle here, and who knows how these two will get on in the ring, but it's an option. BNB is our other option - his momentum's not nearly as high as Ryback's but he's close enough to Rusev to make it work if we wanted to go in that direction.

Naomi
- - -

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2015

• Locked thread