Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i read the wasp factory by iain banks last week op p good p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

yeah im trying to find more of his that i'd like but it's all nerd poo poo. the preface in the wasp factory i had is him talking about how he always wanted to be a nerd and it's like naw man.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Dyna Soar posted:

he wrote a lot of regular ol fiction under iain banks as opposed to iain m. which is his scifi name. none of it is quite as good as wasp factory but he's a solid writer

just picked up crow road because i heard that's the next step after wasp, keeping fingers crossed

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

notion to bring tbb book club thread to gbs so it actually gets posts

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

1q84 sucks compared to his other stories because it just feels like the same density as one of his normal books diluted to fill more pages imo. It's good, but get wind up bird or wild sheep chase or kafka on the shore first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

open container posted:

i made this mistake last year, sometimes it's interesting but dude writes like he's getting paid per word

one time i made it to the part where it basically turns into an encyclopedia about whales and then nope

• Locked thread