Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

CapitalistPig posted:

My reaction to that is that you are an idiot and should probably focus on finding actual scum so we dont lose.

Also, Meinberg is a maybe, hes suspicious to me but not necessarily a top choice.

If its not Meinberg I think we should take a look at hal.

I don't see a Hal scum team not killing off some of the lurkers that are left. But I just looked at his posts and... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

I don't see a Hal scum team not killing off some of the lurkers that are left. But I just looked at his posts and... yeah.

Nah, I can see Hal playing to win instead of killing lurkers, because , you know, Pot meet kettle.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think scum Asiina would literally never post, let's not lose more town out of apathy/laziness

Hal Incandenza posted:

Definitely lurky, not really seeing it as scummy though. Not a lot of information to go on, but what's there doesn't sound fake or forced. I would think he would be forcing himself to say SOMETHING if he were scum.

For instance, he skipped the Hurt day, he never jumped on board Asiina, and he's been making excuses for Asiina and Meinberg. Is Hal not killing lurkers because they're his scumbros?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Byers2142 posted:

For instance, he skipped the Hurt day, he never jumped on board Asiina, and he's been making excuses for Asiina and Meinberg. Is Hal not killing lurkers because they're his scumbros?

Thats actually, A very good point.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

And when I read Hurt, Asiina, and Meinberg, there's a few "how ya doin'?" posts where they sideways interact with Hal, but there's no casing, no commentary of any kind about him.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

poo poo, it's coming down to what I was afraid it would; being forced into a judgement call on Meinberg.

Based on what Opop just did today, I don't see Opop and Meinberg as scumbros. That's a bus that was not necessary.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I really wish Meinberg and Asiina had been modkilled.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Byers2142 posted:

I really wish Meinberg and Asiina had been modkilled.

wow rude

I just woke up, and I'll take a better look at things when I've woken up more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wheeee. I just got done with a 11 hour dnd session. Quick comments, and then to bed.

Byers2142 posted:

The worst part in all this? Every name has been mentioned in the flavor except Namor and T'Challa. And there's a part of me that finds that significant, but I don't know if I should wager the game on a flavor case. Especially not when Triton was mentioned, repeatedly.

Flavor solving didn't work for me in a Rarity game. Without checking, I think it was Angel in X-men that was scum and mentioned in plenty of flavor. And, as you mentioned, we had the same thing with Triton in this one.

But if I WERE going to go after someone on flavor it would be Namor, since Taste tried to pull a Namor claim in X-men and almost convinced me. :)

Seriously though, I kind of like the idea of a Mind control stopper in this game to counter the Puppetmaster, from a setup perspective. So that, along with Meinberg leading the charge on Asiina(I'm going to want to reread that, I know he was first vote, but was the writing on the wall?) makes me put him lower on my list at the moment.

I think I'm going to want to take a deeper look at Hal and Opop today. Before my reread, I'm leaning Opop.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am slightly weirded out by the interaction between Byers and Pig earlier. They basically set themselves up to vote anyone and that conversation just seemed a little fake.

I am woefully behind right now, but later tonight I will weigh in. I've been suspicious of Opop most of the game but I know I haven't elaborated on it well yet.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Sorry about not getting to things earlier. Today turned out to be busier than expected. I have a project I'm working on, and I ended up working until I hit a major milestone.

I want to take a look at Opop in particular, and see if anything pops out to me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If someone can make a case on why Meinberg is town I will self vote, otherwise get on with it

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Opopanax posted:

If Asiina were scum she would have just taken the modkill, town imo

This weird defense of Asiina has been pointed out before, and I agree that it is weird!

Indeed, his only interaction with Asiina outside of this exchange is this post

Opopanax posted:

I'd say Asiina's claim is at least Grade B horseshit

He doesn't even vote for her!

Opopanax posted:

I'm not reading 6 pages so I'll just do this for Byers' own good ##vote mac

And then there's his vote on Mac, the laziest of all lazy votes, on the easiest of targets, a claimed Survivor. As Little Mac himself said, it's likely that scum would pile onto him for the easy vote off.

He had some negative interactions with Hurt, and the alignment of his flip compared to Asiina's makes me think that Hurt was actually a 3P.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Opopanax posted:

If someone can make a case on why Meinberg is town I will self vote, otherwise get on with it

capps believed in me and capps is the wisest of us all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

He had some negative interactions with Hurt, and the alignment of his flip compared to Asiina's makes me think that Hurt was actually a 3P.

Woops. Hurt's flip should read Doom Controller

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rarity posted:

Woops. Hurt's flip should read Doom Controller

Even with this new information, I think that Opop very well could have been bussing Hurt, since he had gotten caught by the Watcher.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously though, I kind of like the idea of a Mind control stopper in this game to counter the Puppetmaster, from a setup perspective. So that, along with Meinberg leading the charge on Asiina(I'm going to want to reread that, I know he was first vote, but was the writing on the wall?) makes me put him lower on my list at the moment.

So on a reread of the day, I don't think the Asiina vote gives Meinberg any cred. Cpig is the first to mention Asiina as scum for the day. Then Capps. Then Me. Then Opop. At that point it seems like a done deal and Meinberg makes the first vote. The writing was very much on the wall and he could have been trying to garner town cred for later.

The role is still making me second guess him though. It really makes sense for the game.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

I can't. Hurt went out of the way to defend Meinberg one day for lurking when he was actually up for the vote and then call him a lurker the next. meinberg's posting picked up when Rarity finally decided to get serious about a modkill, and his reaction was that saying he should have been punished for having (I think) 21 posts in 4 game days, none of which were content posts was that it was rude or that it made him not want to play.

I feel like one of Opop and Meinberg have to be scum, and I feel like the scum team of Hal, Meinberg, Asiina, and Hurt makes a ton of sense when you look at their posting and when you look at how the game as a whole has gone.

##vote Meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am slightly weirded out by the interaction between Byers and Pig earlier. They basically set themselves up to vote anyone and that conversation just seemed a little fake.

I am woefully behind right now, but later tonight I will weigh in. I've been suspicious of Opop most of the game but I know I haven't elaborated on it well yet.

We looked at everyone left and we found that there were connections among you and the two flipped scum, that there are connections between Hurt and Meinberg, and that there are connections between you and Meinberg. At this point, that level of analysis is needed for us to win the game. Do you have a response to the points I raised about the connections between you and the flipped scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote meinberg

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

I feel like one of Opop and Meinberg have to be scum, and I feel like the scum team of Hal, Meinberg, Asiina, and Hurt makes a ton of sense when you look at their posting and when you look at how the game as a whole has gone.

##vote Meinberg

This sounds reasonable.

Let's roll the dice.

##vote Meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:redhammer:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:devil: hehehe

nah I'm just kidding

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Flip is on its way.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

The Royal Chamber
Atlantis
September 5th, 1963

Namor looked at the man on his communicator screen with an incredulous expression, unable to believe the sheer temerity of his request. “This conflict is bigger than our differences, Namor. We share a common foe, we should work together.” Namor's pride seethed. This one would come begging him for help, after all they had been through in the past? Was this the respect worthy of a Prince of Atlantis?

“Answer me one question,” he replied, his words barbed, “Why should I trust you? We have fought too many times for that.”

“Fights that I regret. I know you merely seek to defend your people. There is no grudge held on this end.”

“I do defend my people. Atlantis is all that concerns me! We have no place in this war of yours.”

“Do you think this war ends if I fall? They will not be content with Latveria. They will want the world. They will want Atlantis.”

Namor slammed his fist into the computer. “Then they will not have it!” he shouted. “I am Prince of Atlantis, First of the Royal Blood, none can match me in my element! I will take no part in your battle.”

“Namor...” the man sighed, “As much as I hate to admit it, we need you. If this is about Sue...”

“Don't think yourself so important, Richards. You are not the only people in the world with problems. I think first of Atlantis, and always.” He flicked a switch, turning the video screen off, and marched to join his loyal advisor. “drat that arrogant fool!” he cursed.

“You did the right thing,” Vashj counselled, “We have problems of our own, now is not the time for distractions.”

“As you say, my friend. Now tell me, how goes the hunt for Attuma?”

Meinberg a.k.a. NAMOR, Fantastic Four Controlproof has been lynched on D7.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Rilyaka Forest
Latveria
September 5th, 1963

“On your left, Ben!” Reed warned.

“Oh hey, look at that. If it ain't a bunch more tin cans begging for a can opener.” Ben started to tear through Doom's robots, ripping them to shreds as if they were paper.

“Watch your back, Reed!” Johnny shouted as he tore through the sky, spraying bolts of fire down towards their foes. Reed sprung his elasticised body into action, twisting his chest aside fast enough to dodge the energy blast that was aimed right at him. He threw out an arm and tied the robot up.

“These robots are fascinating,” he mused, “Look at how they fit Doom's exact likeness. This technology is far more advanced than the world would expect.”

“Yeah,” Ben agreed, “I'll be sure to tell them how well made they are while they try to kill us.” A horde of robots swarmed over him. He growled and sent them flying with a flex of his muscles. Johnny made another pass over head, covering a group of their enemies in a fiery net. Reed grabbed hold of a tree and snapped his arms back, sending him flying towards a robot. He coiled up into a ball, striking it hard in the chest. The robot stumbled and fell back, sparks coming out of its armour. Forgetting it, he turned towards his friends.

“We need to finish these off soon! This not the main ba-”

He choked. Blood spurted out of his mouth.

“Reed!”

“No!”

He looked down. A long, pointed needle was sticking out of his chest. His limbs were weak. He toppled forwards, falling to the ground. The robot he had just broken stood over him.

“Ever a fool, Richards,” it said, “You see only what you expect to see.”

His mind was groggy, thought lacked its typical speed. The connection slid into place. “Doom...” he groaned, “You...” He had no more strength for words. The laughter of his enemy was the last thing he heard.

Opopanax a.k.a. Reed Richards, MR. FANTASTIC, Fantastic Four Hero has been killed on N7.

The rest will come after work.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

The Inhuman Camp
Latveria
September 6th, 1963

Gorgon marched through the makeshift camp, inspecting his fellows as they put up tents. The sight filled him with awe. Even with the heavy losses sustained at Atillan, even leaving behind the injured, the weak and the young they still numbered in their hundreds. Not all were warriors but every Inhuman thirsted for vengeance at the fall of their king. But that was not all. When they looked at him he saw something remarkable in their eyes. Something he could not understand. They saw hope.

“Everyone is settling in,” Triton said, striding along behind him. He was beginning to tire, Gorgon could tell. It had been too long since he had been rejuvenated by his precious water. There just hadn't been the time.

“Warn them not to get too settled,” Gorgon replied, “We'll attack with the dawn.”

There was a low whine as a vehicle approached from above. Some of those nearby tensed up, preparing to attack. “Hold,” Gorgon warned them, “These are allies.” It was the Fantasticar. Yet it only held one man...

“Gorgon, you short fused son of a gun,” the man yelled as he jumped out of the car, “Did you bring your whole blasted race?”

“Grimm.” Gorgon returned the greeting with a mirthless grin. “Do you come to join our cause?” He reached out an arm, a warm gesture that was not returned. It was only then that he noticed the deep lines of worry around Grimm's eyes.

“I come to tell you to get the hell out of here.”

“You would deny us our blood rights?” Gorgon tensed up, the familiar rage bubbling to the surface.

“Settle down,” Grimm ordered. “No one wants to lay one on Doom more than me. But...” He fell silent, staring down at the ground. It was like he was unable to let the words leave his mouth. This was a weakness that Gorgon had never seen before. Grimm sighed, ran a hand over his forehead and spoke. “Reed's dead.” Gorgon's rage fell quiet. He hadn't spent too much time in the company of the Fantastic Four's leader but he had been a man to command respect. A great leader and a true genius. He knew how much he had been loved. “Doom killed him,” Grimm continued. “He's got an army of robots. You won't beat him. You need to take your people and get outta here.”

“And what about you?”

“Hey, I already said-”

Their discussion was interrupted by a dark cloud swarming over the horizon. Gorgon eyed it warily, trying to make out its true form. The cloud approached fast. No, not a cloud. Robots. Thousands upon thousands of them. “To arms!” Triton yelled, “Doom attacks!” He ran off to spread the word.

“Guess it's too late for your plan,” Gorgon told Grimm. The robots arced towards them.

“Then I guess we stand together.” They began their descent.

“It's time for this to end.” The first robots touched down on the ground.

“Correction, pal. It's clobbering time!”

Byers 2142 a.k.a. Ben Grimm, THE THING, Fantastic Four 1-Shot Bulletproof and Hal Incandenza a.k.a. GORGON, Fantastic Four Hero have been endgamed.

quote:

Dr. Doom's Castle
Latveria
September 6th, 1963

Dr. Doom, Ruler of Latveria, Defeater of the Fantastic Four, Emperor of the World. It had a nice ring to it. He sat on his throne, one leg resting on the other's knee, a goblet of wine held in one hand. Karloff stood on his right side. His efforts had rewarded him that position for this victory. Two prisoners knelt at his feet, each one bound by powerful electro-chains of his own design. The larger man struggled against his bonds, grunting in pain at each exertion.

“Save your time, brutish one,” Doom advised. “These electro-chains are strong enough to hold ten rhinos. Not even you have that kind of strength.”

“I'll get out of this,” Grimm snarled, “And when I do I'll make you pay.” The other, the Inhuman, tried to calm him but was unsuccessful in his attempts.

“Idle threats are nobody's enemy. Take them away!” His guards, armed with laser-prods, forced his prisoners to their feet and towards the dungeons. He could have executed them but there was far greater joy in leaving them alive to drown in their grief. Changing his thoughts, he glanced at Karloff. The man had done well. It was time to give him reward. “Leave us,” he commanded. His attendants scuttled away.

“A fine victory,” Karloff praised, “The Fantastic Four lie in ruin.”

“Indeed,” Doom mused. “You have done well. Every bit as well as your reputation stated.”

“Those other two were cretins. The Red Ghost was all you needed at your side.” Doom's smirk was hidden behind his mask.

“This is a time for celebration,” he decided, “Would you care to share a bottle of sauvignon with me?” He picked up a bottle of wine that had been carefully placed aside his throne and offered it forward.

“I believe that to be an excellent suggestion.” Karloff grinned as he took a glass in his hand, standing at ease. Doom poured the wine into the glass and poured one for himself as well.

“It smells like a fine vintage,” Karloff praised.

“Drink up, friend,” Doom encouraged. “Victory is to be rewarded.” He raised his own glass to his lips and watched as Karloff tipped the glass back and swallowed its contents in one gulp.

“I have never tasted the like.”

“I'm sure that would be the case.”

“It reminds me of a-” Karloff's words were interrupted with a burp. His hands ran down to his chest, feeling it over curiously. Doom merely stood there, watching his reaction. “I... Cold...” Crystals began to form in the creases of his boiler suit. He tried to reach out for Doom but his movements were slowed. “What... you...”

“Your powers are quite exceptional,” Doom explained as he turned aside, leaving Karloff to stare at his back. “A man who can transform every atom into his body into a gaseous state. That is a dangerous gift. Of course, every substance has a freezing point, even a being such as you. The wine was laced with subatomic particles designed to cause an endothermic chain reaction on contact with organic material. I doubt you will be able to use your power when your body is at absolute zero.” The muffled sounds of Karloff's protests fell silent as his body locked into place. Doom turned around to see the man standing still as a statue, icicles hanging from his chin. There. Every loose end was tied.

“And thus it is over,” he stated. He walked over to the window and stared out over the countryside. All had been defeated. None were left to stand in his path. “Victory is grand, Richards. A shame you are not still here to see it.”

It was time.

CaptialistPig a.k.a. Vincent Von Doom, DR. DOOM, Doom Rolecop and King Burgundy a.k.a. Igor Karloff, THE RED GHOST, Doom Ninja have won.

quote:

Rilyaka Forest
Latveria
September 7th, 1963

The young man slipped into the shadows of the trees as the robots flew overhead. They were countless in number, a horde so thick they blotted out the sun. He looked towards the castle on the horizon. He knew that Doom was there, basking in his triumph. He wanted nothing more than to rush over there. To lose himself in the fight. He had to battle every urge in his body to move. They always called him brash. Reckless. He was the one who acted without thinking, used fists before words. The time for that had passed. He could not risk himself in those ways any more. There was no one else left. Everything rested on him now and he would carry that burden until it broke him. Turning from the castle, Johnny Storm crept into the darkness.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

NEVER MESS WITH THE STRINGS OF A PUPPET MASTER.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

god DAMNIT meinberg

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm just glad Byers didn't turn out to be scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is poetic, that Doctor doom survived to the endgame and that Reed Richards was the winning kill.

MUHAAHAHAHAHAH!!

This game was super fun Rarity. Thank you!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You guys nked me and Keane back to back, f--ked up if you ask me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Doom Doc
Setup Doc

General Thoughts

- I think from now on I shouldn't play in any games while modding one of these. The last couple of night phases took way too long because whenever I got home from work I'd be planning on writing night results and then end up having to spend 2 hours playing in my games, at which point I'd have no time left to do the 2 hours it took to write those results. I hope those long nights didn't put a damper on people's interests.

- I didn't want to modkill Meinberg and Asiina cause after Taste I really didn't want to end the game with 3 players modkilled. On reflection, I probably should have.

- This game was hilarious to watch, especially in the early phase. I have no idea what a bunch of the town players were thinking but I was impressed with Keane's handling of being controlled.

- Cpig was scum MVP, not only did no one question his ludicrous bomb claim but his rolecop targets were on point the whole game through.

- This is the first game where I've not had 8bux check over my setup for balance. I'd appreciate feedback on how well I handled that side of things.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for being a shitheel this game. The last two days I was alive were fun though.

Good job scumteam though. KB and CPig really worked hard.

And I guess Hurt was there too.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Good job scumteam though. KB and CPig really worked hard.

And I guess Hurt was there too.

Cpig and Burg really did pull it through after I got my hand caught in the cookie jar. Good job with the watch, Capps.

e) ALSO, I am really proud of the Doom Doc day titles.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

True and Real posted:

We wanted to keep you alive the whole game. That was the plan. Then we rolecopped you and found out you were the cop and had no choice. :(

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

True and Real posted:

Keane had to die. He knew the secrets of the puppets.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

By the way kudos to Rarity. The amount of awesome flavor in this game was off the chart. I wanted to stay alive and control more people because it was fun to see what I would get.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

By the way kudos to Rarity. The amount of awesome flavor in this game was off the chart. I wanted to stay alive and control more people because it was fun to see what I would get.

For sure, the flavor was amazing!

I was mostly wrong about everything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Relevant quotes:

"we should just make everyone vote diq, one by one"
"gently caress winning go for comedy"

"holy poo poo, diqnols the cop!"