Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Man that's a lot of responsibility! Lemme think about it for a bit. I'll have a post up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Well, it's a day late and 100 gp short, but I'm throwing in with Jack/Feylorna.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
So, thought here. Maybe we could swing for the double elimination and deal with Jack's creepy shadow poo poo while we're in here too?

Because holy poo poo what the gently caress is that.

Just a thought I'm putting out there.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Well, the best way to think of that is a question.

prokosch, how would you like to continue this plot thread? Want to start fighting back, in which case here's a good point, or did you have something else in mind?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's cool with me, figured this might be a good time to use that Emperor to re-assert Jack the Old Soldier over Jack the Freaky Shadow Monster (maybe 1/4 of the Orc Lord?)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Also, whose turn is up? No one but Ryu and Jack have rolled initiative yet, right?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
We need initiatives from Red Plastic Cup and ArkInBlack, plus their turns if they beat 25.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Man I should've made the mooks shadow selves or something.

The incoming damage is based off an ability, so that's still coming. The pictured mook spears merely attack and apply stuck with the caveat.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
I'm not sure if I can get a post up before I have to crash, but I have like an 85% chance to save Jack if you guys leave at least one shadow spear alive for me.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Who says once we beat Shadow Naya we're done in the realm of shadows? What if it just purges the shadows out of her, which then become dark mirrors of the party?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Did you seriously just

1. Give the GM ideas about how to kill us
2. Suggest a fight against shadow versions of the party

Ark, you're killing me here

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
I just want to go for the gag where everyone has evil twins except Temur because he is the evil twin.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
I'm filled with dread at the notion that Isaac is somebody's good less evil twin

Fake e: nice, looks like Jack's about to get his Persona

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
It's great! I was thinking of changing to a Ranger/Bard to represent the culmination of this arc. Also because I got to play with my current gimmick of an actually effective archer but it's basically just "I 1st turn alpha strike and murder the poo poo out of something."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Cool, that sounds pretty rad. Did you wanna make that change now, or at the level up?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Here's what I'm thinking, it's basically a dropout build, shoddy defenses but that can't really be helped.

Jack "Shadow" Callahan

quote:

Name: Jack "Deadeye" Callahan
Race: Half Orc?
Class: Fighter/Bard
Level 7

Abilities
STR 10/ 0
CON 14 / 2
DEX 18 / 4
INT 10 / 0
WIS 12 / 1
CHA 18 / 4

Defenses: AC 23; PD 20; MD 21
HP 108; Recoveries 8; Recovery Dice 7d8

Backgrounds:
5 ShadowLord
5 Imperial Special Forces (Tracker)
3 Family Man

One Unique Thing: I have mastered one of the Primal Shadows that give the Orc Lord his power
Icons:
1 positive Emperor, 1 conflicted Elf Queen, 1 negative Orc Lord, 1 negative Lich King

Talents:
Tracker (Ranger) - +5 background and Tracker Stunt once per battle
Ranger Ex Cathedral (Ranger)
Two Weapon Fighting (Ranger)
Jack of Spells (Bard)

Feats
Level 1: Ranger Ex Cathedral - Gain Heal
Level 2: – Ranger Multiclass - Use Two Weapon Fighting as Bard
Level 3: – Hang Tough - Double temp granted if staggered
Level 4: - Two Weapon Fighting - Extra level to miss
Level 5: - Two Weapon Fighting - Opportunity attack against enemies that melee me and roll 1
Level 6: Jack of Spells – Get 1 additional spell
Level 7: Hang Tough – level to temp hp

Battlecries
1. Victory is Ours! (20 or 16+ esc 5+)
2. Take Heart! (Any Hit)
3. Hang Tough! (Natural Odd Roll)
4. Pull it Together! (11+)

Spells
1. Song of Aid
2. Song of Heroes
3. Song of Spilt Blood
4. Discombobulate
5. Song of Thunder
6. Hammer of Faith
7. Dragon Leap
8. Ghoul Form
9. Heal

Magical Items
Haughty “Sword”- +2d4 damage against the "most dangerous" opponent (DM's call)
Armor of Perseverance - Quick Action Daily: If staggered may regain one once-per-battle power or roll a recharge
Sign of the Chosen One – Roll a save to not expend last Divine daily
Helm of Psychic Armor - Recharge 16+: When an attack that targets Mental Defense hits you, cancel the attack’s nondamage effects against you.
Boots of Wall Walking - Recharge 5+
Shadow Form - Daily: spend a recovery and enter Rage
1 champion rune

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 23, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Okay, some of you are already aware, but I'd like to navigate our OOC chat over to Discord.

Here's a link. It's not time sensitive I think
https://discord.gg/01501tcxKuFm5O4WG

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Ryu Kazama
OUT: Kohryu, an aspect of the Silver Wyrm, resides in the elaborate tattoo on my back.

+5 Emperor: This new alliance with the Emperor has gone a long way towards legitimizing Ryu.
-2 Three: Seems like everywhere I go I make an enemy of one of the iconic dragons, including the Blue, the Black, the imprisoned Green, and possibly the dead White.

Backgrounds:
+5 Dragon of Drakkenhall
+3 Soul of Kohryu

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 8
HP: 176/176    Recoveries: 10/10 (8d10+12)
AC 26 (+0)     PD 23 (+0)     MD 19 (+0)
Initiative 2d20k1+7, 2#1d4

STR: 20|+5    CON: 18|+4    DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00    WIS: 15|+2    CHA: 13|+1
Sword: 1d20+5+8+1+ED; 8d10+16
Unarmed: 1d20+5+8+ED; 8d8+16
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+3d4+28

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Greatness: gain when hit, lose when my attack misses all targets
(Feature) Empowered by Fate: +1 relationship pt with Emperor. On any 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(Feature) Strength of Many: lift anything I can get my hands around; gain power stunt
(Feature) Unarmed Attacks: 1d8 unarmed damage; always have two-weapon fighting; improvise d10 weapons
(Talent) Confidence: fear immunity; gain greatness instead when affected by fear
(Talent) Stride the World: Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
(Talent) Titan Grapple: Can grab as standard action with STR vs. PD

Feats:
(A) Empowered by Fate: On my relationship 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(A) Indomitable: +5 to Indomitable saves
(A) Strength of Many: -7 DC on STR checks, extra d12 for power stunt
(A) Titan Grapple: Grab as Large creature
(A) Unarmed Attacks: on melee attack roll below ED, make free unarmed attack against target
(C) Strength of Many: -10 DC on STR checks, 2d6 for power stunt
(C) Titan Grapple: Grab anything; immune to movement while grabbed
(C) Unarmed Attacks: 1/battle, reroll unarmed damage dice below ED
(E) Strength of Many: auto-succeed mundane STR checks, 2d4 power stunt

Powers: 
(Racial) Quick to Fight: Roll 2x for initiative, take best
Catching Mice: Requires greatness, quick action. Grab vs. PD
Giant Strike: Targets non-staggered non-mook. +target's level to hit, +CON to damage
Indomitable: Requires greatness, interrupt. Roll save at +5 against condition or effect
Divine Stamina: Recharge 11+, requires greatness, interrupt when hit. Spend a recovery.
Armorbreaker: Recharge 16+, spend greatness. Attack vs. PD, +CON to damage and target is stuck on odd roll/dazed on even roll, and vulnerable on 16+ (hard SE)
Dragon's Rend Recharge 16+; attack vs. grabbed enemy's PD. +CON to damage and target takes (1d3 * 8) ongoing on even roll, and weakened on 16+ (SE)
Swordbreaker: Recharge 16+, interrupt vs. PD when hit in melee. Reduce damage to attacker's level, they take half damage and are dazed (SE). 
Catapult Throw: Recharge 16+; ranged attack vs. 1d4+1 enemies' PD; UNARMED + STR damage (max vs fliers) and target loses next move action. Engaged allies take 1/4 damage

Equipment:
Greatsword of Haughtiness: +1 sword atk/damage, additional +3d4 damage against most dangerous foe in a battle
Chuulish Cuirass: +3 AC; weird chuul recharge 16+: +4 all defenses against ranged attacks this battle
Gauntlets of Spell Deflection: Recharge 16+: Parry spell with STR vs. caster's MD
Belt of Resurgence: +2 recoveries, recharge 16+: Heal with a recovery when I drop
Adamant Greaves: +2 to disengage, recharge 16+: Ignore damage from fall below 150ft (25 damage/50ft after that), and 1d3 nearby enemies lose next move
pre:
HP: 176/176    Recoveries: 10/10 (8d10+12)
AC 26 (+0)     PD 23 (+0)     MD 19 (+0)
Greatness NO
+2 disengage; fear immunity

STR: 20|+5    CON: 18|+4    DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00    WIS: 15|+2    CHA: 13|+1
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+2d4+24

Limited Powers
[ ] [ ] Power Stunt (ED ?,?)
[ ] Dragon Fist (1/battle)
[ ] Divine Stamina (rchg 11+)
[ ] Armorbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Swordbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Dragon's Rend (rchg 16+)
[ ] Catapult Throw (rchg 16+)
[ ] Gauntlets of Spell Deflection (rchg 16+)
[ ] Belt of Resurgence (rchg 16+)
[ ] Adamant Greaves (rchg 16+)
[ ] Chuulish Reflexes (rchg 16+, chuul)

Consumables
Potion of healing (champion)

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Sep 7, 2016

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Here's what I'm thinking, it's basically a dropout build, shoddy defenses but that can't really be helped.

Jack "Shadow" Callahan

quote:

Name: Jack "Shadow" Callahan
Race: Half Orc
Class: Ranger/Bard
Level 8

Abilities
STR 10/ 0
CON 14 / 2
DEX 18 / 4
INT 10 / 0
WIS 12 / 1
CHA 18 / 4

Defenses: AC 24; PD 21; MD 22
HP 144; Recoveries 8; Recovery Dice 8d8+2

Backgrounds:
5 ShadowLord
5 Imperial Special Forces (Tracker)
3 Orc

One Unique Thing: I have mastered one of the Primal Shadows that give the Orc Lord his power
Icons:
1 positive Emperor, 1 conflicted Elf Queen, 1 negative Orc Lord, 1 negative Lich King

Talents:
Tracker (Ranger) - +5 background and Tracker Stunt once per battle
Ranger Ex Cathedral (Ranger)
Two Weapon Fighting (Ranger)
Jack of Spells (Bard)

Feats
Level 1: Ranger Ex Cathedral - Gain Heal
Level 2: – Ranger Multiclass - Use Two Weapon Fighting as Bard
Level 3: – Tracker - Use it anywhere
Level 4: - Two Weapon Fighting - Extra level to miss
Level 5: - Two Weapon Fighting - Opportunity attack against enemies that melee me and roll 1
Level 6: Jack of Spells – Get 1 additional spell
Level 7: Lethal - if reroll is 16+ can reroll again later
Level 8: Jack of Spells - Get 1 additional spell

Battlecries
1. Victory is Ours! (20 or 16+ esc 5+)
2. Take Heart! (Any Hit)
3. Hang Tough! (Natural Odd Roll)
4. Pull it Together! (11+)

Spells
1. Soundburst (5)
2. Befuddle (5)
3. Song of Spilt Blood (5)
4. Discombobulate (7)
5. Song of Victory (7)
6. Song of Blood and Legends (7)
Bonus Spells
6. Hammer of Faith
7.The Elven Shadows
8. Ghoul Form
9. Heal
10. Transfer Enchantment

Bonus Spell Like Abilities:
Dancing Lights
Cantrips
: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound

Magical Items
Haughty “Sword”- +2d4 damage against the "most dangerous" opponent (DM's call)
Armor of Perseverance - Quick Action Daily: If staggered may regain one once-per-battle power or roll a recharge
Sign of the Chosen One – Roll a save to not expend last Divine daily
Helm of Psychic Armor - Recharge 16+: When an attack that targets Mental Defense hits you, cancel the attack’s nondamage effects against you.
Boots of Wall Walking - Recharge 5+
Shadow Form - Daily: spend a recovery and enter Rage
1 champion rune

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 3, 2016

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Updated the sheet. That new armor you gave me is kinda silly. I think I've got like three different ways to re-roll my breath weapon spells now.

quote:

Feylorna Shomell, Altered Elf (Draconic) Druid/Sorcerer 8
HP: 112/112 | Recoveries: 8/8 (8d6+3)
AC: 25 | PD: 20 | MD: 21 | Ini +12
STR: 8 (-1) | CON: 12 (+1) | DEX: 18 (+4) | INT: 10 (0) | WIS: 18 (+4) | CHA: 18 (+4)
Partially-Shifted Dragon Claws +14 vs AC (8d6+14)
Breath Weapon +12 vs PD (8d8 Poison | Miss: Half damage | Targets 1d3 enemies in a group | Quick Action | Per Battle)

One Unique Thing: Feylorna has been siphoning power from the Green to such an extent that she's becoming a dragon herself.

Icons:
Elf Queen: Conflicted 2 - The Elf Queen was aware of Feylorna's experiments (few things occur in her realm without her knowledge) but didn't realize the true extent of Feylorna's powers until it was too late. Now the Elf Queen is caught- it's in her interest to keep the Green alive (and imprisoned) but Feylorna's experiments are quite intriguing, especially if the Queen herself could benefit from the effects.

The Three: Negative 2 - Feylorna is an abomination to the dragon triumvirate, and her powers make her far too dangerous to keep alive. If she could tap into the Green's power, could someone do the same to the Blue, the Black, or Gods help us, the Red?

Backgrounds:
Druid of the Elf Queen's Court 3
Clandestine Student of Draconic Magic 3
Accidentally Becoming a Dragon 2

Class Features/Talents:
Divine Implements
Melee Attack: Dexterity
Nature Talking
Wilderness Survival
Access to Wizardry
Dancing Lights
Gather Power
Shifter Adept
Rumble Mumble Rumble (Sorcerer talent from 13th Age Monthly: Kroma Draconics issue): Your dragonic breath weapon is tuned to your magic. When you roll high enough to re-use one of your breath weapon spells during a battle, you also regain a use of your dragonic breath weapon power, if it’s expended.

Feats:
Scout Form (A): A normal success with your combat recon skill check also grants your allies a +2 bonus to initiative this battle.
Rumble Mumble Rumble (A): When you use your dragonic breath weapon attack the same turn as you use your standard action to gather power, your dragonic breath weapon deals half damage if it misses.
Dragon Form (A): Your second beast form attack (the one you roll when the first attack misses) now deals miss damage equal to your level. If you are a Shifter adept, you can have two beast aspects active at the same time. If you start using a third aspect, one of the two previous aspects of your choice ends.
Wrath of the Green (A. reflavored Wolverine Aspect): Extra melee damage while using this aspect increases according to level.
Rumble Mumble Rumble (C): One battle per day, you can choose to add the escalation die to your rolls to re-use breath weapon spells.
Breath Weapon (C): Your breath weapon attack targets 1d3 nearby enemies in a group instead.
Breath Weapon (C. from 13th Age Monthly: Kroma Draconics issue): Your breath weapon damage dice are d8s instead of d6s.
Rumble Mumble Rumble (E): Your breath weapon attacks deal half damage when they miss.

Powers:
Scout Form (2/day, gain 1d4+1 bonus background points when scouting)
Dragon Form Shifts (At-will) Dragon Form Attack +14 vs AC (Even: 8d10+14 | Odd: 8d6+14 | Miss: Repeat the attack against the same or a different target. This second attack deals 8 miss damage.)
Dragon Form Aspects (4/day | Quick Action | Recharge 16+)
-Heart of the Green (Bear Aspect): Until the end of the battle, while in dragon form you gain a +2 bonus to attacks and +14 (2+Dex*3) damage against lower level enemies and mooks of any level. When you first shift into this aspect, roll a free recovery to gain temporary HP.
-Agility of the Green (Leopard Aspect): Until the end of the battle, when an enemy misses you with a melee attack and rolls a natural 1-4, you gain an additional standard action during your next turn. You also gain a +2 bonus to AC and a +5 bonus to disengage checks and to saves against being stuck, dazed, or stunned.
-Might of the Green (Tiger Aspect): Until the end of the battle, you gain the benefits of two-weapon fighting: if your attack roll is a natural 2, you can reroll the attack but must use the reroll. In addition, the crit range of attacks you reroll this way expands by 4 and the size of your dragon form melee attack damage dice increases by one size (d6s become d8s, and d10s become d12s).
-Wrath of the Green (Wolverine Aspect): Until the end of the battle, when your melee attacks hit an enemy that has more hit points than you, the target takes +2d6 damage. You also gain +2 to all defenses and may rally once this battle as a quick action instead of a standard action.
Sorcerer Spells (casts as a 7th level Sorcerer: three 5th level spells, five 7th level spells)
-Breath of the Green (+12 vs PD | Hit:47 ongoing Poison damage | Miss:15 ongoing | 1d4 nearby enemies | Recharge 16+ | Close)
-Echoing Roar (+12 vs PD | Hit:7d6+12 Thunder damage. 3d6 to first enemy that hits with melee attack | Miss: 7 | At-Will | Ranged)
-Breath of the BlackDarker Green (+12 vs PD | Hit:10d10+12 Acid damage. 40 ongoing | Miss: 20 ongoing | Daily | Close)
-Elven Shadows (+12 vs MD | Hit: 9d10+12 Psychic and may teleport if Natural Even Roll | Miss: 8 | Rechage 16+ | Ranged)
-Touch of the Green (Roll a d8 and gain a random Dragon-style power for the rest of the battle | Daily | Close)
-Unearthly Glamour (+5 to all Charisma checks. On a failed roll target becomes disgusted and hostile | Daily | Ranged)
-Dragon's Leap (Quick Action | Can fly until end of my next turn | Daily | Ranged)
-Resist Energy (Target gains Resist Damage 16+ against two of: Cold, Fire, Lightning, Thunder | Recharge 16+ | Ranged)

Touch of the Green Power List
1: Resist Energy 16+ - When an attack that deals energy damage targets you, the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only deals half damage.
2: Draconic Battery - Until the end of the battle, you can use a quick action once each round to make recharge rolls for your expended recharge spells. Each time you do so, you take damage equal to half the natural result of your recharge roll.
3: Backlash - The first time you are staggered this battle, the enemy who staggered you becomes confused (save ends).
4: Spell Frenzy - You enter a spell frenzy (see Infernal Heritage talent). If you were already in a spell frenzy, you now roll 3d20 for each attack and take damage equal to triple the target's level for each roll that misses.
5: Fear Aura - Enemies engaged with you that have fewer hit points than double your current hit points are dazed. They cannot use the escalation die.
6: Teleport 1d3 + 1 times this battle - As a move action, you can teleport anywhere you can see nearby.
7: Draconic Speed - You can take an extra standard action each turn that the escalation die is even. You lose 2d10 hit points each time you use the extra action.
8: Eye of the Dragon - Choose any two features you want. For the rest of this day, all your icon relationships disappear and are replaced by an identical number of conflicted points with The Three.

Equipment:
(E) Dragon Scales of perseverance +3. quick action - daily: if you are staggered, you regain a power as if you had taken a quick rest. You automatically regain 1/battle powers, but recharge powers require a roll. You can regain a racial, class, or magic item power this way.

(C) Dragon Claw Bindings (recharge 16+): When Feylorna began losing control over her shapeshifting, she created these claw-like bindings out of metal, leather, and fragments of the Green's scales. They slip over her fingers and adjust to her form when she shifts, allowing her greater control over her attacks. Aside from granting +2 to melee attacks and damage, Feylorna may tap into the Green's magic to make a recharge roll for one of her powers. (Reflavored Champion-Tier Puissance One-handed Simple Weapon)

(A) Green-Bound Book: This book is a collection of writings Feylorna wrote herself during her study of the Green's magic. It's filled with notes and essays on the nature of both elven and draconic magic, and how the two relate to each other. The insight from reading and writing these notes means that any daily Sorcerer spells associated with the Elf Queen (Breath of the Green, the Queen’s Shadows, and Calling the Blood if you roll a 4 when casting it) become Recharge 16+ instead. She may also cast Silver Flame, only it’s Starlight Cascade and uses your relationship with the Elf Queen instead of the Archmage. Starlight Cascade is still a 9th level Daily spell so she's a fair ways off from actually being able to cast it.
Quirk: Convinced of the superiority of elven magic.

(A) Wand of Inner Fire (recharge 6+): Feylorna originally created this wand to assist her with tapping into the Green's magic, but after her transformation began she adapted it to function from the draconic magic in her own blood. Aside from granting +1 attack to her Sorcerer spells, she may use it after she misses with a spell; Feylorna takes 8d4 damage (1d4 x level), but she gets an additional +1 bonus to her next attack with a spell.
Quirk: Feylorna's arcane heritage goes into overdrive, and she starts acting more like the Green.

Amulet of Water Breathing (recharge 6+): +1 to all saves when below 25 HP and can breathe in water for about 5 minutes. It fades over time, so you get warning of when it is running out.

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 12, 2016

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Hey look an updated sheet for Temur

Lich King, Negative 1: The Goblinoid Empire was cast down from its seat of power by The Wizard King's mastery of the arcane arts, ushering in his reign as the Wizard King.
As such the 13th Legion sees the Lich King as the last objective of reclaiming its lost glory and there are few who would turn away aid in casting down the One-Eyed King.
The Three, Negative 2: The last stronghold of Foras, Castrum Vespere, lies well beyond the warded borders of the Dragon Empire.
As such all manner of incredibly dangerous things threaten Castrum Vespere, most of all the supernatural roaming disaster known as The Red. Time and time again
the full might of the 13th Legion has failed to do anything lasting to The Red beyond add to the casualties of his rampages.
The Crusader, Positive 2: The Crusader's army is famed for its brutal efficiency, both within the command structure and on the field of battle.
That the 13th Legion's patron god has laid his blessing upon The Crusader only further inspires those within the 13th Legion to aspire to his lofty heights.
Many Goblinoids from outside the 13th Legion find pleasure in working within The Crusader's ranks and are amiable to aiding the 13th Legion,
even if most view its goals as impossible, misplaced dreams.

Backgrounds:
+6 13th Legion Tesserarius: With years of training and field experience Temur should have ascended past the rank of Tesserarius but he has routinely declined it,
preferring to be more active in combat then higher ranks would allow him to be.
These many years in the field have left Temur an excellent soldier with a solid grasp on tactics, strategy, morale, and the art of war.
+3 Cognosce Hostem: Know yourself, know your enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories. Temur has taken this proverb to heart, and while his time within
the Legion has granted him mastery over himself, he has spent a fair amount time studying the tomes of knowledge of the Legion's less humanoid enemies found
within the region surrounding Castrum Vespere. Notable examples include dragons and the undead.

pre:
Temur Arderne, DwarfHobgoblin Commander 7
HP: 176/176   Command Points:1   Recoveries: 9/9 (8d8+12)
AC 27     PD 22     MD 22
STR: 18|+4    CON: 18|+4    DEX: 12|+1
INT: 8|-1    WIS: 18|+4    CHA: 10|0
Pilum +1: 1d20+13+ED; 8d8+13
Verutum: 1d20+9+ED; 8d6+3

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Fight from the Front: gain 1d3 command points when commander melee attack hits on my turn
(Feature) Weigh the Odds: gain 1d4 command points as a Standard Action
(Feature) Command: Start battles with 1 Command point
(Talent) Tactician: Use Wis whenever Cha is mentioned for Commander, 1/Day reroll initiative
(Talent) Moment of Glory: Roll 1d4 with Initiative, add an ally's attack roll as a free action 1/Battle
(Talent) Martial Training: Use Martial Weapons without penalty
(Talent) Never Say Die: 1/Battle increase current ED and max ED size by 1 when Self or Nearby Ally are crit,  

Feats:
(A) Tactician: +1 to Tactic/Strategy/Command/Warfare background, able to go above +5
(A) Just Stay Calm: Just Stay Calm now targets 1d4+1 Nearby Allies
(A) Rally Now: Add ChaWis Mod to Rally Now recoveries. (x2 at Champion, x3 at Epic.)
(A) Basic Tactical Strike: Attack deals extra damage equal to my Wis Mod on hit.
(C) Basic Tactical Strike: Attack gains bonus to hit equal to my Wis Mod.
(C) Buck Up: Adds WisModx2 to THP gained from Buck Up
(C) Tactician: 1/Day; gain a bonus to tactics recharge rolls after battle equal to Wis Mod.
(E) Basic Tactical Strike: BST is now Recharge +6

Powers: 
Racial: Hold the Line: 1/Battle as a free action after being hit and above 0 hp, heal using recovery. Halve heal if ED is less than 2.
Basic Tactical Strike: Recharge 11+ after battle, quick. Nearby Ally makes a Basic Attack as a free action
Try Again: Costs 2 Command, Interrupt. Nearby Ally can reroll one attack roll this turn. Must use reroll.
Advanced Tactical Strike: Recharge 16+ after battle, quick. Nearby Ally makes At-Will Attack as a free action.
Buck Up!: Recharge 16+, quick. Self and 1d4 nearby allies gain THP equal to the average result of a recovery roll.
Just Stay Calm: Recharge 16+ after battle. ED must be 2+, quick action. Reduce ED by 1, 1d3 nearby allies heal using a Recovery
Rally Now: Costs 1 Command. Interrupt. Nearby Ally can Rally as a free action. +1 Command to target KO'd ally.
Save Now!: Costs 1 Command. Interrupt. Nearby Ally can roll a save against a Save Ends effect.
You Know What To Do!: Costs 4 Command. Interrupt. Ally gains an extra Standard Action.
On Your Feet, Maggots!: Recharge 16+ after battle, quick. Targets up to two allies who are staggered or at 0 hp or below, target
can heal using two recoveries but is dazed until the end of its next turn.

Equipment:
Lorica squamata (Heavy Armor, Retired), Scutum (Shield), Verutum (Thrown Javelin), backpack, rations, shovel
Pilum of Great Striking +1:+1 to Hit and Damage; +1d8 damage when Esc Die is 3+
Potion Belt: +1 Recovery, drinking potion stored in belt is Swift Action, Recharge 16+
Rope of Entangling: 50 feet of fine spider silk rope, enchanted to be entangle things when directed with standard actions. Generally unhelpful in combat.
Armor of Iron Will +2: Bonus applies to MD as well as AC.

Consumables:
Champion Healing Potion x3; Recovery+2d8 HP, Cap 60 HP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Farewell, +1 sword. It's been real. Updated character sheet to match, now with a -5% chance to hit, but also a -90% chance of breaking tables.

Ryu Kazama
OUT: Kohryu, an aspect of the Silver Wyrm, resides in the elaborate tattoo on my back.

+5 Emperor: This new alliance with the Emperor has gone a long way towards legitimizing Ryu.
-2 Three: Seems like everywhere I go I make an enemy of one of the iconic dragons, including the Blue, the Black, the imprisoned Green, and possibly the dead White.

Backgrounds:
+5 Dragon of Drakkenhall
+3 Soul of Kohryu

HP: 176/176 Recoveries: 10/10 (8d10+12)
AC 26 (+0) PD 23 (+0) MD 19 (+0)
Initiative 2d20k1+7; 2#1d4

STR: 20|+5 CON: 18|+4 DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00 WIS: 15|+2 CHA: 13|+1
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+3d4+28

Class Features/Talents:
(Feature) Greatness: gain when hit, lose when my attack misses all targets
(Feature) Empowered by Fate: +1 relationship pt with Emperor. On any 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(Feature) Strength of Many: lift anything I can get my hands around; have power stunt
(Feature) Unarmed Attacks: 1d8 unarmed damage; always have two-weapon fighting; improvise d10 weapons
(Talent) Confidence: fear immunity; gain greatness instead when affected by fear
(Talent) Stride the World: Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
(Talent) Titan Grapple: Can grab as standard action with STR vs. PD

Feats:
(A) Empowered by Fate: On my relationship 5 or 6 with Emperor, gain greatness
(A) Indomitable: +5 to Indomitable saves
(A) Strength of Many: -7 DC on STR checks, extra d12 for power stunt
(A) Titan Grapple: Grab as Large creature
(A) Unarmed Attacks: on melee attack roll below ED, make free unarmed attack against target
(C) Strength of Many: -10 DC on STR checks, 2d6 for power stunt
(C) Titan Grapple: Grab anything; immune to movement while grabbed
(C) Unarmed Attacks: 1/battle, reroll unarmed damage dice below ED
(E) Strength of Many: auto-succeed mundane STR checks, 2d4 power stunt

Powers:
(Racial) Quick to Fight: Roll 2x for initiative, take best
Catching Mice: Requires greatness, quick action. Grab vs. PD
Giant Strike: Targets non-staggered non-mook. +target's level to hit, +CON to damage
Indomitable: Requires greatness, interrupt. Roll save at +5 against condition or effect
Divine Stamina: Recharge 11+, requires greatness, interrupt when hit. Spend a recovery.
Armorbreaker: Recharge 16+, spend greatness. Attack vs. PD, +CON to damage and target is stuck on odd roll/dazed on even roll, and vulnerable on 16+ (hard SE)
Dragon's Rend Recharge 16+; attack vs. grabbed enemy's PD. +CON to damage and target takes (1d3 * 8) ongoing on even roll, and weakened on 16+ (SE)
Swordbreaker: Recharge 16+, interrupt vs. PD when hit in melee. Reduce damage to attacker's level, they take half damage and are dazed (SE).
Catapult Throw: Recharge 16+; ranged attack vs. 1d4+1 enemies' PD; UNARMED + STR damage (max vs fliers) and target loses next move action. Engaged allies take 1/4 damage

Equipment:
Chuulish Cuirass: +3 AC; weird chuul recharge 16+: +4 all defenses against ranged attacks this battle
Gauntlets of Spell Deflection: Recharge 16+: Parry spell with STR vs. caster's MD
Belt of Resurgence: +2 recoveries, recharge 16+: Heal with a recovery when I drop
Adamant Greaves: +2 to disengage, recharge 16+: Ignore damage from fall below 150ft (25 damage/50ft after that), and 1d3 nearby enemies lose next move

HP: 176/176 Recoveries: 10/10 (8d10+12)
AC 26 (+0) PD 23 (+0) MD 19 (+0)
Greatness NO
+2 disengage; fear immunity

STR: 20|+5 CON: 18|+4 DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00 WIS: 15|+2 CHA: 13|+1
Weapon: 1d20+5+8+ED; 8d10+16
Giant: 1d20+5+LVL+ED; 8d10+24

Limited Powers
[ ] [ ] Power Stunt (ED ?,?)
[ ] Dragon Fist (1/battle)
[ ] Divine Stamina (rchg 11+)
[ ] Armorbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Swordbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Dragon's Rend (rchg 16+)
[ ] Catapult Throw (rchg 16+)
[ ] Gauntlets of Spell Deflection (rchg 16+)
[ ] Belt of Resurgence (rchg 16+)
[ ] Adamant Greaves (rchg 16+)
[ ] Chuulish Reflexes (rchg 16+, chuul)

Consumables
+5 Emperor
Potion of healing (champion)

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 17, 2016

• Locked thread