Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

quote:

But I didn’t walk out of the liquor store in protest that day. Because I’ve been subtly told throughout my whole life not to make men feel bad, I let this man make me feel ashamed. Since I was 19, I’ve been told that I was weird because I can’t eat this one stupid thing. And almost 20 years later I put up with, humored, and even said “thank you” to a man who treated me like poo poo, who questioned my medical condition and my integrity.

I was raised by feminist parents, and my grandmother was in the first class of women to go to her college. She was brilliant and secretly bought Xerox stocks in the sixties when her husband became ill and she was worried for her financial future. I wasn’t taught to defer to the will of men, but society still tells me that my value lies in how much I’m liked by them. Every day, we’re told in both explicit and implicit ways not to challenge them or make men uncomfortable, to always laugh at their jokes and to never, ever be a bitch.

I’ve spent most of my adult life fighting against these instincts, but being gluten-shamed in a liquor store and not saying a word to challenge the guy was the moment I realized how deeply ingrained in me this pleasing bullshit is.

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/gluten-free-alcohol

What is the world coming to when a Celiac can't even buy a bottle of vodka without being belittled by agents of the agrigarchy. CELIACS NEED AND DESERVE A LOUDER VOICE. TAKE STAND AGAINST THE GRAINLORDS AND FIGHT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

That's what you get for shopping ast Asperger's & Sons Liquor Co.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Vodka is literally ethanol and water.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

This poo poo didnt happen btw

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Cocaine is gluten free. She should just do cocaine.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
It’s time we all quit acting like we know more about someone’s body or health than they do.

WHAT IF IM A DOCTOR BITCH HAHA

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Rando posted:

Cocaine is gluten free. She should just do cocaine.

So is my penis

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Nutsngum posted:

This poo poo didnt happen btw

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
The only thing I got out of that blurb was that her grandmother knew how to invest wisely. Good for her.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
ugh, men am i right?

am i right?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

So is my penis

I heard it's low protein too ha ha ha.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
hello i a white woman and mr burns yelled at me about my idiot intestines at a liquor store please send me money https://www.fundmeplease.com/whitewomen

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

ugh, men am i right?

am i right?

Taking up all the room on the trains showing their balls the swine

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Rando posted:

I heard it's low protein too ha ha ha.

Please dont make fun of my crippled sperm :(

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

quote:

“You know why I don’t know the names of the two proteins in gluten?” I should’ve yelled. “Because it’s been almost twenty years since I was diagnosed. Twenty years. That’s a full Bieber!”

thats a full bieber!!!!

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Lot of bitter, would-be gastroenteroligists working at liquor stores these days.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
stdh.txt

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
yeah cause if a women said the same poo poo to her it would have been totally different

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
liquor man harassed me about my full bieber

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nutsngum posted:

Please dont make fun of my crippled sperm :(

no, no no. It's low protein because it's a small serving.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

liquor man harassed me about my full bieber

Seriously sing this over some 12 bar blues. Fits right in like my weary soul

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i wonder if bieber consumes gluten

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Rando posted:

no, no no. It's low protein because it's a small serving.

My penis is like a slippery slide with a ramp on the end except it all just piles up in the valley :(

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
i have no idea why i read that article, but to be fair the liquor store clerk was way more :spergin: than the lady in the op.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can only handle like half a beiber at most.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
moscow mules are the dumbest drink they are just an excuse to buy those stupid mugs

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Marvin Freeman posted:

i have no idea why i read that article, but to be fair the liquor store clerk was way more :spergin: than the lady in the op.

in fact i do not think the liquor store clerk existed or that this woman used "thats a full bieber" as a comeback

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lol she got loving outsmarted by a cashier at a liquor store, loving kill yourself bitch.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i was kink shamed for my gluten fetish by a full justin bieber AMA

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Upon entering the liquor store, the ciscum male immediately began to rape me with his gaze.

I asked where the drinks are that don't contain any of these forbidden ingredients, and handed him my list.

He squinted and rolled his eyes, and began to laugh. I started to shake when he began spitting on me.

After wiping spittle off his mouth, he grunted "There's some drinks over there that might be ok for you?", while gesturing to the other isle with his penis. I was disgusted and shocked! The shaking only intensified.

"Sir put that away you sexist pig! How dare you! My grandmother invested in Apple when it was at $25 and she could have you killed!"

"Come on baby don't be like that!" he slurred as his breath stank of patriarchy.

~~~~~~TO BE CONTINUED~~~~~~~

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

quote:

My then-boyfriend thought I was starving myself, and he cried one night at four a.m., telling me he thought I was going to kill myself if I kept doing it. I actually started to wonder if I was starving myself and just didn’t know it.

weepy then-boyfriend and starving girl

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gluten "allergy" is such loving bullshit
its the same as lactose intolerance youre not gonna die and gently caress you

i had some lactose intolerance after not having real milk for like 3 months and got over it by (get this) drinking milk not giving a gently caress and now it just gives pleasant regular flatulence and not enough of it imo

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

lol she got loving outsmarted by a cashier at a liquor store, loving kill yourself bitch.

to be fair people that stand in a convenience store all day spend that time thinking up some creative poo poo sometimes

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

sounds like she was really looking for........some wine

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
These people would get even more attention if they ate bread and farted all the time. Ever thought about it?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

"Sharing a juice flight at Juice Served Here with my friend Greg White, who would never gluten-shame me."

lmao what does this add to the article, and also this bourgeoisie fad bitch can suck one

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

:cymbalcrash: :choirofangels:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

social vegan posted:

This gal — THIS gal knows. Right? Right?

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
That site is something else.

I just read a 1300 word article that could be summarised as "I got scratched by a cat. Nothing else happened".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open container
Sep 16, 2008

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

in fact i do not think the liquor store clerk existed or that this woman used "thats a full bieber" as a comeback

she didn't actually say it, that's the ideal scenario what she wished she said

• Locked thread