Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I am going to write an IHTM-article about losing my favourite pooping bucket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Point 1: In the made-up encounter in the OP, she states it took her like two seconds to google gluten-free vodka, which she was apparently unwilling to do until right up when the guy started asking her about her disease. Why did she not just google that poo poo upon entering the store?

Point 2: In the 1939 movie "The Women", during a brunch with the gals, one of the women turns away a basket of bread rolls because she's on a diet and the main character says, "Go ahead dear, it's not starch, it's gluten!"

Back in the day, gluten was seen as a weight-loss alternative to "starch". Good to know the world just picks the same poo poo to hype as healthy/bad/healthy/bad/healthy/bad in the eyes of the public over and over and everybody falls for it because nobody remembers past 30 years ago.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BKPR posted:

why is the one about the black lady in yoga "it happened to me"

IHTM: i was briefly uncomfortable when thinking about race in america

For XO jane writers things only happen to them

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

open container posted:

he was just entertaining at a job where he was probably otherwise doing nothing :confused:

If you want entertainment, you tell some dockers and polo guy that Macallan 12 isnt the best single malt in the world.

You learn to just stay the gently caress away from gluten free vodka chicks.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/hospitalized-by-hallucinogenic-flowers

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Was Hospitalized for Eating Hallucinogenic Flowers from a Public Tree

tcc/xojane crossover wehre some spoiled idiot who thinks they expanded their mind with drugs and was a "Intelligent Recreational Drug User" ate poisonous leaves off a tree and fell into a coma

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/college-roommates-sex-in-room

WORST ROOMMATE EVER: she was getting laid all the time and I had to transfer schools

she wrote this several years after the fact lol

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

" UGH! It’s never-ending with this vagina of mine, if I had any sense at all I'd get rid of the damned thing! "

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao this it happened to me stuff is incredibly inconsequential how can you write over a thousand words about ordering something from burger king, complete with pictures and youtube embeds

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/burger-king-100-chicken-nuggets

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my friends got drunk and acted embarrassing, an experience unmatched by any other person.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Frog Act posted:

lmao this it happened to me stuff is incredibly inconsequential how can you write over a thousand words about ordering something from burger king, complete with pictures and youtube embeds

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/burger-king-100-chicken-nuggets

but she had BOYS in her car, gotta tell the other pestilence-ridden ladies about it

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

It Happened To Me: I Ran Out of Actual Problems

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
posting on page 7 of an epic xojane thread

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
IT HAPPENED TO ME: MY NEG HOLE WAS POZZED

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Top City Homo posted:

IT HAPPENED TO ME: MY NEG HOLE WAS POZZED

tell us about it :allears:

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

posting on page 7 of an epic xojane thread

please refrain from posting unless you have something worthwhile to contribute

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

"I had just gotten out of the car and closed the passenger door behind me when my phone rang. I motioned to my boyfriend to go on ahead and that I'd be right there. He decided to stand about 15 feet away from me. I turned my back to him and took in the barren view of the Ikea parking lot on a dreary spring day."

a John Hughes movie, directed by Clint Eastwood

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

it happened to me: i like turtles

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/turtle-tortoise-pets

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

lol this is the best one

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
read it in ralph wiggums voice

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Presented without comment: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/jewish-woman-considering-baptism-for-cancer

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Incredulous Dylan posted:

I've seen the dude get hosed up for days from accidentally eating a spoonful of that pasta that looks like rice.

Death by Couscous

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
god drat this site is a goldmine

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"Your tests came back positive for genital herpes," my doctor said to me.

At 20, I thought STDs were something "other" people got. Who I thought those other people were beats me.

I hung up the phone and slowly walked over to my boyfriend to tell him what had happened. He stood there for the duration of the call, calmly waiting. I was too in shock to realize his nonchalant response of, "No big deal, I'll go to the doctor when we get back" was a potential red flag. He showed no emotional change whatsoever from before I told him to after. But we were in a monogamous relationship, so I assumed there was no chance this had come from him.

As a side note, if you're ever trying to save money on your Ikea shopping trip, having your doctor tell you you have herpes in the parking lot definitely helps. You care far less about interior decorating once you get inside.

We got back from our trip and weeks went by with no second mention of my herpes bombshell. Finally, I brought it up over drinks one afternoon. He casually said his doctor told him he also has herpes but that he still loved me even though I had given it to him. I couldn't figure out what was happening. Why didn't he immediately bring this up to me when he found out? I felt the guilt of passing this on to him coupled with the already confusing emotions of being in this situation in the first place.

He never did admit to me the truth, though he called me years later to apologize. When I asked him what for, he hung up.

Holy poo poo this dude rules.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

EugeneJ posted:

Holy poo poo this dude rules.

he cheated with some skank and rawdogged his gf then lied

:twisted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
http://www.xojane.com/janes-stuff/wwjd-advice-on-sexless-marriage

quote:

I've been trying to do too many things this week — more meetings than usual, making myself finally write a speech I'm giving next week, making Charlotte dinner/Nutella sandwiches — and generally moving too quickly through things.

So it is like a nice little codependent-sponsored break when I get your questions and actually take a moment to focus solely on what's going on with you and not be so scattered with my own crap.

For the following question, however, I don't have the long-term monogamy credentials to give this reader all the advice she deserves. If you do, I'd love for you to help her out in the comments. Thanks in advance.

If you're feeling very Zen and have no answers, but only questions, text them to me at 917-239-2891. My phone is fully charged, which is rare, so let's all take advantage!

ask away goons!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

hope that woman dies

open container
Sep 16, 2008

the real question to ask is how fat did you get?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

loving galt speech in texting format

in conclusion:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Sorry honey, your pinworms are just a little too rowdy lately

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
She should drink engine coolant/anti freeze, perfectly gluten free

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

open container posted:

the real question to ask is how fat did you get?

i love the advice lady going "yeah i've never been married or even in a relationship that lasted a long time so here's what you should do about yours. . ."

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

open container posted:

please refrain from posting unless you have something worthwhile to contribute

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't mind xojane. Mostly people will call out any too sensitive bullshit. Any article written by "se" are a treasure because "ou" is so self righteous about everything and always makes it about ou. Oh, that's ou's pronoun by the way. Don't have a clue what it means.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Toriori posted:

I don't mind xojane. Mostly people will call out any too sensitive bullshit. Any article written by "se" are a treasure because "ou" is so self righteous about everything and always makes it about ou. Oh, that's ou's pronoun by the way. Don't have a clue what it means.

:eyepop:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Toriori posted:

the gently caress :chanpop:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

my favorite thing about the gluten free movement has been how gluten-free sections replaced diabetic sections in grocery stores

what does celiac and diabete have in common:

both is fake

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Toriori posted:

what "teh" heck?!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Can't stop laughing at Greg ... What a beta.

Also imagine I quoted all of Spanishmanloves passive aggressive whiny posts itt. You're a bad poster dude, stfu imo.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

the gently caress :chanpop:

someone should take this smilie, but have the eyes bulge ad different times. so like the left pops out while the right retract. get what im sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

someone should take this smilie, but have the eyes bulge ad different times. so like the left pops out while the right retract. get what im sayin

what is your av text about? you got rear end boils or something

• Locked thread