Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

how picky are you?

i broke up with my first high school girlfriend because she was a republican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

i broke up with my first high school girlfriend because she was a republican

that's not too picky, you gots to have your things that matter to you.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cnut the Great posted:

but everyone hates me when i talk to them, on account of the smell

Smelly Bag of Trash seeking somebody to Take Me Out

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
looks like its weed and xbox for you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

is the smell because youre a pig farmer, like in that movie about the tiny irish town what won the lottery.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

make enough money that putting money in your roth ira makes you on paper poor enough to not pay taxes

Roth's are only tax free on withdrawal, you've got it mixed up with 401k lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

P-Mack posted:

Roth's are only tax free on withdrawal, you've got it mixed up with 401k lol

i'm poor and stupid

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i love having a 401k, because in my spreadsheet of my finances which tracks that, my current actual money, and my student loans, it makes it look like i have thousands of dollars, as opposed to being in debt.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bicyclops posted:

i love having a 401k, because in my spreadsheet of my finances which tracks that, my current actual money, and my student loans, it makes it look like i have thousands of dollars, as opposed to being in debt.

so wait since i have no debt i'm wealthier than you nice

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I avoid debt by not paying it.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005
Being married to the right person owns. Being married to the wrong person is loving awful.

Don't have kids. They are pretty cool sometimes. I would even say that on the whole they are a net positive. But if you are wrong about the person you are with, there is no going back from having kids. Having to interact with your abuser for the rest of your child's life because you had a kid with the wrong person is the worst. My wife and I can both tell you all about it.

My marriage makes me happier, more productive and more satisfied with my life the vast majority of the time. Find someone worth dealing with that other small portion of the time like an adult with.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

done well, marriage can grow into a deep and abiding companionship honed by years of effort. next to no one does it well though and people waste a shitload of time looking for meaning and love from another when the lack is within them. I wish I had done better at it, because i think i threw away something really valuable.

P.S. - single - get to keep the bathroom door open and not give a gently caress

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TOILETLORD posted:

i'm poor and stupid

Maybe u should stick to the vaginal aspects of marriage vs financial

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TOILETLORD posted:

so wait since i have no debt i'm wealthier than you nice

not according to my 401K, sucker!!

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Not wanting children is a mental illness

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Professor Tomtom posted:

depends on where you live you live some where that lets you mess them up for life with no legal penalties? i'd have like 50 kids by now

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Professor Tomtom posted:

no see i dont want children because i don't want to pass along my mental illness, its different

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
My friend just got married to a huge slut who's cheated on him multiple times, life own

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
I meant to write life owns but life own works too

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
I think it'd be kinda cool to have my DNA running around

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bug Bill Murray posted:

My friend just got married to a huge slut who's cheated on him multiple times, life own

how do you know he's not into that poo poo? maybe his life really does own

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Applewhite posted:

Being married is awesome and also having kids is awesome.

I'm gonna raise my daughters up to be fake gamer girls.

drat straight.

Got my daughter in judo & arnis classes 4x a week. My daughter won't be bullied; she'll be the bully!

My 2 yr old son is throwing plastic chairs across the room in gymnastic class after watching a Who concert with me. I'm one of those cool dads.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Naerasa posted:

how do you know he's not into that poo poo? maybe his life really does own

While this would be an appropriate and hilarious use of the "cuck" meme, I don't think he knows about it. But whatever, not really my business

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

into year 6, not married quite yet, but lived together for almost 4

it's a lot better than being single and dating was, but sometimes i lament missing out on poo poo like tinder just in the abstract--not in the sense that i am itching to gently caress tons of other people and get HIV, but just because I will basically NEVER experience it and that's kind of weird

Its this. And
This

PurdWerfect posted:

done well, marriage can grow into a deep and abiding companionship honed by years of effort. next to no one does it well though and people waste a shitload of time looking for meaning and love from another when the lack is within them. I wish I had done better at it, because i think i threw away something really valuable.

P.S. - single - get to keep the bathroom door open and not give a gently caress

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Prolly too much self worth from ego things. It's like I wanna see if I'm even fuckable which is retarded

+ that thrill of when you're first dating. Never have that again??

And how do you ever know you're not settling

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is the seven year itch real because I have it and I never really sewed my wild oats I just did a bunch of multiple year relationships.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

marry and gently caress prostitutes for variety?

this man knows whats up

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Wanting to gently caress other people is no reason to divorce imo

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Lol at all u genetic dead ends.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Lol at all u genetic dead ends.

it's fine for me it's a good thing i got all the bad dominant genetic defects from my dads side of the family, don;t want to pass those on.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

TOILETLORD posted:

it's fine for me it's a good thing i got all the bad dominant genetic defects from my dads side of the family, don;t want to pass those on.

Just have lots of kids and abandon the weak ones. Or eat them. It works for hamsters :biotruths:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Been going 4 years and sex still on the reg and real good

But I think it's down from like 4-5 times a week to 2 times a week and that's scary

you mean oral twice a week right?

i mean you're not even married

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

And how do you ever know you're not settling

everyone settles

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
Seriously tho married life is pretty cool. But judging quality of life by # of sex havings per week is weird. I think a lot of married couples get this societal pressure to gently caress all the time, always go out, be super trendy, act on your emotions, show off your material possessions to your friends, etc. It's part of western cultures obsession with adolescence and it doesn't jibe well with lifelong relationships or raising children.

Marriage isn't about having a live-in girlfriend for 40 years, it's about making a death pact with your best friend. "We re going to figure out this 'life' thing together and help each other make the best of the one shot that we get" and then one of you has to bury the other.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
having kids is stupid as gently caress in tyool

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
dink bitches

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic

Dyna Soar posted:

kids vs. no kids i'd say no kids wins

This is the key. I've been married since 2002. The first 7-8 years were good. Then we had a kid. Now I hate my wife, but don't want to ditch my 4 y/o kid.

Don't have kids, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Is ok if I just marry her sexy parts?

• Locked thread