Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
TO CLASS. Like on a college campus.

We've all seen them walking across the quad or sitting in ENG 201 wearing suits and ties, or even suspended (:lol:) Who are these guys? I've sure never hung out with one.

Is this guy you? Why do you do it? Do you realize you look like a choad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I haven't seen this in college, but we had a kid in high school who came every day in a suit. He was a fat republican who would argue that Nixon was the best president. He's a state senator now.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
gotta dress like a million bucks if you wanna make a million bucks

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
I've seen this a couple of times, not so much in undergrad though

Mostly it was people who liked to talk to the teachers like they were equals and ended up being the ones where you'd hear the audible groans every time they were called on to present something or answer questions or speak

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009

ZergRushing posted:

Also: Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

This dude probably has a plan for his future that includes hot babes on a yacht and owning ppl like yourself

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

ZergRushing posted:

Should be the other way around. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm pretending and it's only make-believe.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
If I had the money to wear a suit every day for any occasion I would. Wearing a suit makes you look like loving great. If you don't look good in a suit you aren't a real man.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tokclik posted:

Also: Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

*sits in office wearing SCUBA gear, turns in chair and takes off mouthpiece to ask coworker in a fireproof racing suit for a TPS report*

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
There was one business professor at my college who required all of her business students wear sits to class

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Windows 98 posted:

If I had the money to wear a suit every day for any occasion I would. Wearing a suit makes you look like loving great. If you don't look good in a suit you aren't a real man.

actually people who wear suits inappropriately look like douches

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
im going to dress for the job. i will be the slickest m'er f;er in there

*buys $50 suit from sears with baggy sleeves, looks like 3 kids sitting on top of each other pretending to be an adult*

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
They work OP.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Never trust anyone wearing a tie"

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzdcXNqYA2Y

See how that dude looks and he isn't even wearing a jacket

that's why you dress for the occasion. When the occasion is hanging out with other goons appropriate attire is farted-in sweatpants and a stupid video game t-shirt you got for free

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

theyre business majors and they wear that so its easy to avoid them

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Some days I had to dress for the job I had to go to after class. The ones who willfully dressed that way were annoying as hell in how they would suck up to the teacher.

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
I sell men's dress clothes so I have to wear them for work. Sometimes I have class after work. Also usually I look really sharp or well dress so I never mind the ladies giving me looks. So I guess quit dreading like a scrub.

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I knew two guys who would do this. One was a gay guy who was really into campus politics. The other was a finance major who would sometimes switch it up with the polo and pastel sweater draped around his shoulders.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A few years ago there was this reunion party thing for my highschool class at a bar, it was cool, there was a girl there who I had known from class who had been super into me at the time but I was totally oblivious back then, she was smoking hot and she was flirting me up. She invites a few of us back to her place and we're all hanging out. She keeps doing obvious tricks to try to isolate us, like telling me that I should come see if I want something to drink from the fridge and then for some reason following me into the kitchen.
Anyway, there was this dude there, like just real tall, lanky, strange looking, had that intense stare with these mopey stained blue eyes, dude looked sad, but focused. He was dressed in a suit, the only person there in a suit, it was the summer, so I had my cut off shirt and poo poo, my best pal was wearing shorts and a cat-burger shirt, it was hot as balls, but this dude had on a suit. You could tell it wasn't comfortable either, his face had the sheen of sweat on it, made his bumpy little acne look like shining mountains.
He's real weird too, keeps coming up to the girl and talking to her. We assume they know each other, we all assume they know each other.
We're in the kitchen, and I say something retarded about eggs, and I lean in. It's happening, the kiss is coming, feeling the loins all burning and poo poo. All of a sudden I hear this eerie sound, this dudes soft, unstable voice, quivering like he's going to piss himself, "I make some really good eggs."
I'm like wtf, this motherfucker is just standing at the entrance to the kitchen, staring at us, no one else nearby, everyone is in the living room on the other side of the kitchen, and this dude just followed us in here, no idea how long he was gazing at our backs as we got closer and were fated to enter pre-boning makeout splendor, and his cock-block technique is talking about egg making prowess.
She giggles it off and we both leave to go back to the living room, as this dude was like a dog staring at you while you're trying to get nasty.
In the living room everyone's shooting the poo poo and drinking beer and wine, the only thing I hear this dude babble on about is how he just graduated some program to do with law enforcement.
Figures.
Eventually she sits on the stairs and lays back, still looking at me, I get ready to come over and all of a sudden this dude comes out of nowhere with a blanket and a pillow, and drapes it over her as she lies there confused and afraid. He says "Are you okay? Did you have too much to drink?" she says no.
I sit next to her and at some point I get under the blanket and start giving her the old leg rub and she's nuzzling into me.
But he's there, I notice him, in the living room, looking at the stairs, watching us. I fear for my life. What the gently caress is up with this dude?
Eventually we go upstairs and do the deed, away from this nigga's hawk eyes. Once we all leave, I see him lingering behind, eventually he leaves too, but I could tell he wanted to just haunt that place some more.

The next day I realized I left my hat at her place. I texted her that I needed to come pick it up and she said "Oh, it's yours." and I was like "Yeah." and she says,
"That guy came to my place this morning, I thought it was his hat that he came to pick up, but he said he wanted to check up on me, it was weird."
"You didn't know him?"
"No, I thought you did."
"No, I have no idea who he was."

None of us knew this creepy rear end be-suited dude, NO ONE, this weirdo had just decided to latch onto her, follow her back to her apartment like he was a part of our entourage, like he was invited. I don't think he was even the sort of person with the presence of mind to use the fact that no one knew him as a cover that everyone would assume that someone knew him and thus wouldn't question his presence. No, I think he was just so incredibly foully strange that he straight up decided to follow us back to her place with a complete lack of understanding about how to integrate himself socially.
He had saw this person, had latched onto her at the bar, targeted her, and decided to follow her and her friends back to her place, not knowing any of them, then spend his entire night like some kind of hosed up cock-blocking ghost, hovering over us until his limited powers could no longer prevent the loving. I'm surprised he didn't wander into that room with us in mid-coitus, stealthily finding a dark corner, and just staring out from the darkness with his little Basset Hound eyes.
His strangeness was so profound that he came to check up on her after a night of moderate drinking.
I'm surprised she wasn't dead.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah, Its not a good look.

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
Lots of dress up for work goons who getting that higher ed.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

ChrisHansen posted:

There was one business professor at my college who required all of her business students wear sits to class

Hmmmm.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Don't most MBA programs require this?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

*sits in office wearing SCUBA gear, turns in chair and takes off mouthpiece to ask coworker in a fireproof racing suit for a TPS report*

*makes racecar noises while drifting office chairs around cubicles, complains about passing right of way when sally gets her dumb executive-suit-wearing-bitch-self on the floor*

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

A few years ago there was this reunion party thing for my highschool class at a bar, it was cool, there was a girl there who I had known from class who had been super into me at the time but I was totally oblivious back then, she was smoking hot and she was flirting me up. She invites a few of us back to her place and we're all hanging out. She keeps doing obvious tricks to try to isolate us, like telling me that I should come see if I want something to drink from the fridge and then for some reason following me into the kitchen.
Anyway, there was this dude there, like just real tall, lanky, strange looking, had that intense stare with these mopey stained blue eyes, dude looked sad, but focused. He was dressed in a suit, the only person there in a suit, it was the summer, so I had my cut off shirt and poo poo, my best pal was wearing shorts and a cat-burger shirt, it was hot as balls, but this dude had on a suit. You could tell it wasn't comfortable either, his face had the sheen of sweat on it, made his bumpy little acne look like shining mountains.
He's real weird too, keeps coming up to the girl and talking to her. We assume they know each other, we all assume they know each other.
We're in the kitchen, and I say something retarded about eggs, and I lean in. It's happening, the kiss is coming, feeling the loins all burning and poo poo. All of a sudden I hear this eerie sound, this dudes soft, unstable voice, quivering like he's going to piss himself, "I make some really good eggs."
I'm like wtf, this motherfucker is just standing at the entrance to the kitchen, staring at us, no one else nearby, everyone is in the living room on the other side of the kitchen, and this dude just followed us in here, no idea how long he was gazing at our backs as we got closer and were fated to enter pre-boning makeout splendor, and his cock-block technique is talking about egg making prowess.
She giggles it off and we both leave to go back to the living room, as this dude was like a dog staring at you while you're trying to get nasty.
In the living room everyone's shooting the poo poo and drinking beer and wine, the only thing I hear this dude babble on about is how he just graduated some program to do with law enforcement.
Figures.
Eventually she sits on the stairs and lays back, still looking at me, I get ready to come over and all of a sudden this dude comes out of nowhere with a blanket and a pillow, and drapes it over her as she lies there confused and afraid. He says "Are you okay? Did you have too much to drink?" she says no.
I sit next to her and at some point I get under the blanket and start giving her the old leg rub and she's nuzzling into me.
But he's there, I notice him, in the living room, looking at the stairs, watching us. I fear for my life. What the gently caress is up with this dude?
Eventually we go upstairs and do the deed, away from this nigga's hawk eyes. Once we all leave, I see him lingering behind, eventually he leaves too, but I could tell he wanted to just haunt that place some more.

The next day I realized I left my hat at her place. I texted her that I needed to come pick it up and she said "Oh, it's yours." and I was like "Yeah." and she says,
"That guy came to my place this morning, I thought it was his hat that he came to pick up, but he said he wanted to check up on me, it was weird."
"You didn't know him?"
"No, I thought you did."
"No, I have no idea who he was."

None of us knew this creepy rear end be-suited dude, NO ONE, this weirdo had just decided to latch onto her, follow her back to her apartment like he was a part of our entourage, like he was invited. I don't think he was even the sort of person with the presence of mind to use the fact that no one knew him as a cover that everyone would assume that someone knew him and thus wouldn't question his presence. No, I think he was just so incredibly foully strange that he straight up decided to follow us back to her place with a complete lack of understanding about how to integrate himself socially.
He had saw this person, had latched onto her at the bar, targeted her, and decided to follow her and her friends back to her place, not knowing any of them, then spend his entire night like some kind of hosed up cock-blocking ghost, hovering over us until his limited powers could no longer prevent the loving. I'm surprised he didn't wander into that room with us in mid-coitus, stealthily finding a dark corner, and just staring out from the darkness with his little Basset Hound eyes.
His strangeness was so profound that he came to check up on her after a night of moderate drinking.
I'm surprised she wasn't dead.

that was a ghost dude

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

is it worth reading that really long post because honestly ........

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No don't read it I beg of you.
TL;DR : Dudes who wear suits to inappropriate occasions are probably weird ghostly rapists.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

wore a suit at my baby's funeral

got some great poon that day let me tell you what. ladies love a man in a suit

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I would require all students wear Creed cologne or suffer a letter grade drop

I will be checking!

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
you wrote that? i thought it was c/p

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

it's a frat thing right? pledges have to do it?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

is it worth reading that really long post because honestly ........

it was pretty funny and i would suggest reading it

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

toggle posted:

wore a suit at my baby's funeral

got some great poon that day let me tell you what. ladies love a man in a suit

the grieving mom was just trying to replace her dead baby =D

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

update: I read it

glad I read it. So there's a vote of confidence for others that are in the position I was in.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

There were 3 or 4 guys in law school who would wear suits every day. They were loving dicks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Who are these guys? I've sure never hung out with one.

i used to see them a lot, they mostly seem to be pursuing degrees in business administration and kinda silver spoon-ish. people who wear polos and button-ups to college are kinda in the same boat, though, i noticed they also tended to be enormous fuckwads but in that spazzy, spergy mouthbreather sort of way

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

satanic splash-back posted:

*makes racecar noises while drifting office chairs around cubicles, complains about passing right of way when sally gets her dumb executive-suit-wearing-bitch-self on the floor*

lol

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

my suits costs more than your house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i'd be a dick too if every slobbering shitcunt acted like a tartass asseater just because i actually put some effort into my appearance and like feeling good about how i look and constantly reminded them of what a slob they are

#dressedmanpositive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wRHBLwpASw

• Locked thread