Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

gnarlyhotep posted:

I would call that guy Bob Cratchet all the time

way to show your age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

I started wearing a suit when I fly because I noticed that they stopped randomly selecting me for additional security screening and were generally just nicer to me. Last time they even gave me this laminated thing that let me skip the security check altogether, it was really weird. So maybe people think professors work for the TSA? I could see someone mistaking it for the Teaching Students Association

Flying in a suit seriously reduces a lot of random bullshit. I don't know why either but it works amazingly well a lot of the time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wear a suit at checkin in vegas and they shuffle you into the vip area and give you free upgrades.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If you told me when I first clicked on this thread I'd see a video of Vladimir Putin singing that song that Richie from Happy Days would always sing to indicate he got laid that night, I'd have told you to get the gently caress out of town.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Are girls still wearing pajamas to classes or did that pass a long time ago?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jim Barris posted:

I have a somewhat similar story. I was waiting in my, at the time. weed dealers living room waiting for her to fetch the bud and scales from her room when suddenly a guy in a very nice and well-fitting suit emerged from the closet and gave a sort of salute motion and walked right past me and out the front door, closing it behind him. He looked incredibly high on ecstasy. Then like five seconds later that chick came back with everything and I asked her if anyone else was in the house and she said 'No' and I decided to just keep the suit-guy to myself.

Just a really hosed up ghost.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Are girls still wearing pajamas to classes or did that pass a long time ago?

Yoga pants.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
lol if dressing nicely in your department isn't just a flannel and jeans.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i remember this one dude in high school wore the star trek redshirt uniform and had a briefcase

ppl weren't merciful

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Jim Barris posted:

I have a somewhat similar story. I was waiting in my, at the time. weed dealers living room waiting for her to fetch the bud and scales from her room when suddenly a guy in a very nice and well-fitting suit emerged from the closet and gave a sort of salute motion and walked right past me and out the front door, closing it behind him. He looked incredibly high on ecstasy. Then like five seconds later that chick came back with everything and I asked her if anyone else was in the house and she said 'No' and I decided to just keep the suit-guy to myself.

Ahahaha.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

a cop posted:

Yoga pants.

Yoga pants are good.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i knew someone in high school who wore his boy scout uniform everyday because he was so proud of being "the number 1 scout in florida"

he came out as gay right afterwards

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

i knew someone in high school who wore his boy scout uniform everyday because he was so proud of being "the number 1 scout in florida"

he came out as gay right afterwards

did the boy scouts kick him out

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

no after high school he sent all of his stuff back to the bsa along with a letter asking them to take away his eagle scout award

then i think he joined the military and i never heard from him again lol

Dec 26, 2012

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Dyna Soar posted:

did the boy scouts eat him out

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I wore a suit to class once because it was the career fair, op

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I wore a suit to class once because it was the career fair, op

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

ChrisHansen posted:

There was one business professor at my college who required all of her business students wear sits to class

I would sue.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Every guy who I've ever met who has cosplayed "successful adult" has been a narcissistic weirdo, from the guy I went to highschool with who wore a shirt and tie everyday and carried a suitcase to the numerous, front row of the class, constantly engaging the professor, not even signed up for the class but monopolizes classtime idiots during my BA.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I did this for a term, it was the summer after I used salvia and for a while I wore a suit and tie everywhere, and only ate peanut butter sandwiches and drank orange juice.

It happened to me.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

If you told me when I first clicked on this thread I'd see a video of Vladimir Putin singing that song that Richie from Happy Days would always sing to indicate he got laid that night, I'd have told you to get the gently caress out of town.

Putin had sex.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
The only time I wear a suit is at court because I'm a loving outlaw!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
im going to a funeral soon and im totally not gonna wear a suit

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
Holy poo poo forum cancer is still a thing.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

serious norman posted:

Putin had sex.

gonna need to see some proof here

whole lotta proof, from different angles

Festus The Fetus
Mar 8, 2010
We had to wear suits to class on chapter day in my fraternity. Basically all the other fraternities there required it too. If you see the same group of guys who only wear suits on a certain day of the week then it's probably a fraternity.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

ZergRushing posted:

gotta dress like a million bucks if you wanna make a million bucks

this is why i dress like kanye west, he's really rich

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"I know not of the working world except that a tie is a noose, simply inverted."

Life of Pi

Hope this helps.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dyna Soar posted:

i remember this one dude in high school wore the star trek redshirt uniform and had a briefcase

ppl weren't merciful

They killed him right? The only thing that should ever happen to a red shirt is death.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Some dipshit would always wear a suit with a bow tie in one of my classes. He was a complete fuckwad.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Some dipshit would always wear a suit with a bow tie in one of my classes. He was a complete fuckwad.

There's one of these guys in every economics course I've ever taken I swear to fuckin god. They're always the goofiest motherfuckers too with Mandark-type-voices.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
Sometimes a guy has an on-campus job interview that day, and it's easier to just wear a suit to class than go all the way home to change before coming back. The ones who wear suits all the time are usually compensating for something hth.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Miltank posted:

Nixon used to wear a suit in highschool too lol.

Suspenders are also part of a conservative tradition. The YAF (Young Americans for Freedom) used to wear suspenders to identify each other when they were in infiltrating democratic campaigns.

neo nazis really like suspenders too just saying

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

catpowerd posted:

Holy poo poo forum cancer is still a thing.

Hellthread got nuked, the cancer is from all the radiation.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

TNO posted:

Sometimes a guy has an on-campus job interview that day, and it's easier to just wear a suit to class than go all the way home to change before coming back. The ones who wear suits all the time are usually compensating for something hth.

Once, one of my profs came to class in a suit and a student asked him, "Interview or court?"

Those are the only 2 reasons anyone reasonable ever wore a suit in college.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
everyone saying "SOMETIMES YOU HAVE OTHER STUFF YOU JUST DID AND DONT HAVE TIME" are ignoring the several people who have said you can take your suit jacket and tie off and roll the sleeves up and you've just transitioned to Adult Male After Work without looking like a lost bellhop

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
A nice well tailored suit is ruined if you wear it to often, and gently caress if I'm buying several pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

TNO posted:

lol no one gives a poo poo if you wear a suit to a campus job unless you are interviewing for a prof/research position

Who would waste time getting a suit on to interview to be campus fry cook

• Locked thread