Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big thanks to Vanilla Mint Ice, Emalde, Zydoran and Tsurupettan for their awesome work on previous versions of this OP! thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 thread 4 thread 5 thread 6
Credit also to DACK FAYDEN, messagemode1, No Friend of Gravity, Omelette du Fromage, jarch3r, Reiterpallasch and a metric poo poo ton of others from IRC who worked on this OP, the wiki and other resources.

Meet the largest-grossing free-to-play mobile game in the world, a crack-laced fusion of Bejeweled and Pokémon available on both the iTunes Store (USA) and the Google Play Store (USA). It is now also available on Kindle Fire. There are EU servers, though the majority of the thread is based on NA. Non-US people can also play on the US server: Android iOS

Puzzle & Dragons, or PAD for short, is a SOCIAL, FREEMIUM game from JAPAN in which you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch the eggs and fuse them to other monsters, and then evolve those monsters by jamming seeds and plants down their throats. The main part of this game takes place on a Bejeweled-style board, but you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing other orbs to create huge combos. Also the art is rad. Watch it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpUSYKN3nA

Intrigued? The puzzle part is pretty neat, but there's actually massive depth to this game. Once the training wheels come off, enemies start showing up in larger groups and hitting for thousands of damage. In most F2P games this is just a bullshit paywall, but PAD is fundamentally different from most freemium games, and it's very possible to get deep into the endgame without spending a dime.

...but yes, there is IAP. You do not need it, but it does speed things up significantly. Try not to spend hundreds of dollars every month.

The resources available to English-speaking PAD players have improved significantly in the past year, but goons being goons we like to think that we maintain

(Click here for THE SINGLE BEST GUIDE if the image doesn't load)

:siren: --> THE DEFINITIVE LIST OF STARTER GODS <-- :siren:

If the monster you roll from the Rare Egg Machine at the end of the tutorial isn't listed on the page above, reroll!

Extremely generous goons ChikoDemono and Kuros often use events to generate new accounts for newbies. If you're tired of rerolling, ask in the thread if they have any extra accounts! If you decide you want to contribute extra accounts for newbies, post in the thread so you can be added here. You can either have your device rooted or get a device change code from them.

For those who would like to try out the Japan (JP) version of the game, MrMoose has a list of JP accounts to give away.

:siren: NEWBIES, POST YOUR LEADER AND FRIEND ID ONCE YOU'RE DONE REROLLING :siren:

In addition to hosting the SA PAD Guide, http://www.padherder.com/ (created and maintained by our own Mad Cow Fred) is the place to find goon friend leaders. If you don't have an account, make one!

Also, if you're looking for a specific leader, you can consult the :siren: SA PAD Friend List! :siren:

The best place to ask questions is in our IRC channel, #pad on irc.synirc.net. The room is always active, and full of friendly whales veterans. This is also the best place to go if you need a specific friend god (like an Amaterasu Okhami) or want to watch :retrogames: during a Godfest. You can even access the channel from a web browser client.

http://padwiki.net/ is the English version of the Chinese Wiki. The best source for the newest content, and the first site to post tomorrow's daily dungeons, often up to twelve hours in advance. Maintained by goons. Thanks Cless and Nendil!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ is another English database. Has a "friend finder" for those times when goons just aren't enough. Contributed to by our own Unknown_PC!

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stuff JP Has That The US Version Doesn't Have Yet (As of 8/3/15) posted:

Descendeds

Zeus & Hera
Kaguya
Sphinx
Aamir

Zhou Yu
Zaerog Infinity
Nordis
Sha Wujing & Zhu Bajie
Scarlet
Indigo

Ultimate Evos

Awoken Horus
Awoken Bastet
Awoken Ra
Awoken Shiva
Cao Cao
Awoken Genbu
Durga

Udon
Krishna
Sarasvati
Light/Dark Golems

Awoken Leilan
Awoken Haku
Ganesha
Tengu
Dark Kali
Kirin
Awoken Isis
Awoken Anubis
Rodin
Dark Izanami
Awoken Karin
Vishnu
Persephone
Ares
Apollo
Okuninushi

New REM Mons

Mythical Beast Riders
New Godfest-exclusives - Tsubaki, Sumire, Kaede
New Godfest-exclusives - Kanna, Satsuki
Machine Dragons

Special Event Bonuses

2x drops for Coin Dungeons
3x +eggs for Normal Dungeons

Other Stuff

More Challenge Dungeons
PAD Academy
Survey Dungeon #16 (Purple Shieldra, Mystic Ice Knight)
Survey Dungeon #17 (Firon, Tunabowl)
New Technical Dungeon - Refive
Rare Monster Rush!
Survey Carnivals
Ultimate Arena
Monster Point System
Latent Awakenings

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 4, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Needs more Rodin videos. :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DaveWoo posted:

[This post reserved for whatever the hell I feel like]
I remember when I used to snipe after these. Congratulations on being the new OP-poster! (Sucker.)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

First page doesn't have enough of Hera's tits.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you don't have a Ronia don't bother posting.

korora
Sep 3, 2011
pre:
     +-------------------+-----------------+
     |  20% skillup rate | 25% skillup rate|
+----+-------------------+-----------------+
|  # |p= 50% 90% 95% 99% | 50% 90% 95% 99% |
|  1 |    4  11  14  21  |  3   9  11  17  |
|  2 |    9  18  22  31  |  7  15  18  24  |
|  3 |   14  25  30  39  | 11  20  23  31  |
|  4 |   19  32  37  47  | 15  25  29  37  |
|  5 |   24  38  44  55  | 19  30  34  43  |
|  6 |   29  45  50  62  | 23  35  40  49  |
|  7 |   34  51  57  69  | 27  40  45  54  |
|  8 |   39  57  63  76  | 31  45  50  60  |
|  9 |   44  63  69  83  | 35  50  55  65  |
| 10 |   49  69  76  89  | 39  55  60  70  |

korora fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 30, 2015

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
EDIT:

If you run Verdandi and want some goon Verdandi friends, go here for my Verdandi list: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3696250&pagenumber=174&perpage=40#post442961240

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think the post limit is now 2 Ronias. All you scrubs get out

two_step fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 26, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

two_step posted:

Oh cool I can still post then :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Split threads, one for premium Ronia-having posting and one for the peasants. Membership has its privileges.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Hello new thread I am the guy who adds the text for the tier list because I am too dumb to figure out wikia formatting and also I moved Vishnu to top tier because of his leader skill change that is all

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone on the Vishnu or Sarasvati train? I max-skilled both of them and I'd love to take them out for a spin but no one on my list runs them.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Zombies' Downfall easily claims 13th post

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

BGrifter posted:

Split threads, one for premium Ronia-having posting and one for the peasants. Membership has its privileges.

Sometimes it unironically feels like we should do this because of how much easier some dungeons are with her.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Zombies' Downfall easily claims 13th post

Well, at least it is not the Hera picture from the last thread.

vvv Nothing comes close to Thorinette and Noah vvvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 23, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

driveby waifu posting

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
wow look at all those cute girls

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Someone post a Chester pic. Dude can really rock that tophat

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
This page needs some manliness

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Someone post a Chester pic. Dude can really rock that tophat

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.
oh also

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

two_step posted:

2 Ronia-havers represent.

Also, don't you just hate when you decide you'll spend your last 50 stamina right before leveling up running the dark mechdragon dungeon with your Athena team and somehow forget that the devils bind light monsters? I even had light orbs to kill it with but thought I'd stall. It didn't work out.

Sigh. That's happened to me way more times than it should.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasler posted:

Sigh. That's happened to me way more times than it should.

Sup stamina wasting buddy!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Breaking my "no IAP in 2015" resolution earlier than I thought.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

if this is fake I'm gonna be pissed

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Its not, I have one.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Make way for the best puzzlefu

Voliun
May 31, 2012

padijun posted:

It's not.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Well, now I'm glad I went with this thread title. Hope this means we'll be getting more info soon.

padijun posted:

You didn't know about Fem-Thor? Yeah, she's for real.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

two_step posted:

Does chibi Ronia count?

Also, good thing I was already playing pad or this new thread would have immediately shut that down.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

clearly not hypermaxed since she only has one pair of sunglasses

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

HoneyBoy posted:

:gonk: guess I won't be reading this thread at work anymore.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Mill Village posted:

Its not, I have one.

Voliun posted:

It's not.

DaveWoo posted:

continuing my proud tradition of being hilariously out of the loop, I've had a thor this entire time and didn't know about this new evo

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vasler posted:

2 Ronia-havers represent.

A decent starter team for new players.

Edit: my post is a fraud, only one Ronia is +297ed.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Well, now I'm glad I went with this thread title. Hope this means we'll be getting more info soon.

She's for real real too:

quote:

In the Poetic Edda, a famous myth discusses the theft of Mjölnir. Thrymskviða, or The Lay of Thrym, begins with Thor awakening to find his weapon missing. After alerting both Freyja, the goddess of love, beauty, and war, and his brother Loki of the theft, they begin to search the realm for the missing hammer. Loki approached the land of giants to discuss the theft with their king, Thrym. Thrym admits to stealing the hammer, and burying it “eight miles down, deep in the earth,” preventing anyone from himself from reaching it. In exchange for Mjölnir, Thrym wants Freyja as his bride.

After failing to convince Freyja to marry the giant, and angering her to the point where “the entire hall shook with her fury,” Heimdall and the cunning Loki creates a plot to dress Thor in bridal gowns to pass him off as Freyja. After receiving an explanation why “Freyja” had a hunger unlike any other woman’s and had terrifying eyes that “seem to be aglow with fire,” Thrym placed Mjölnir on “her” lap to begin the wedding oath. Thor then took his hammer and slayed the giant king, as well as all other guests at the wedding party.

:eng101:

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

And this is why I keep my Athena hypermaxed and in slot 1 at all times.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Title does not deliver as much as the old hello kitty satan one. :(

two_step posted:

Wait some of you have less Ronias that team slots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

DaveWoo posted:

[This post reserved for whatever the hell I feel like]

I vote for your list of differences between JP and NA so we can keep track of what is coming up.

• Locked thread