Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I guess Germany is doing this weird thing where men are encouraged to pee sitting down.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30937492

quote:

A court in Germany has ruled in favour of a man's right to urinate while standing up after his landlord demanded money for damage to the bathroom floor.
The dispute in Duesseldorf is actually part of a long-running debate in Germany over whether men should be encouraged to sit down when urinating. The controversy pits stehpinklers (men who stand up to pee) against sitzpinklers (men who sit down), and it has taken some bizarre twists over the years. In 2004, for example, The Telegraph reported that sitzpinkler had become a synonym for "wimp," and that a company had invented a gadget that attached to toilets and scolded stehpinklers when they lifted the seat. One admonition, in a voice mimicking that of former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, declared, "Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don't want any trouble, you'd best sit down." Millions of the devices had been sold in German supermarkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
How much was that guy pissing on the floor if the landlord was demanding money for damages?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

How much was that guy pissing on the floor if the landlord was demanding money for damages?

I don't think it was the amount on the floor that was the problem.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im the beta bitch german fag that sit down to pee

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
hey heres a tip fuckheads: stand closer to the bowl. straddle that poo poo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gently caress with the amount of piss and poo poo fetishists in germany the gently caress do they care so much about how a guy is peeing? just piss on a big titted fräulein

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
that toilet he's on looks like it has a pretty neat dick cavity though, I might be more inclined to sitpiss if my junk had it's own VIP area of the bowl

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

one time while a friend and i were vacationing in germany we turned on late night television and a woman was naked standing over the edge of a hot air balloon pissing onto a camera. urine and urine emissions is an important thing to consider, but i never really thought of it until then, so thank you, germany. your wisdom continues to pave the way for human thought

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Mr. Pumroy posted:

one time while a friend and i were vacationing in germany we turned on late night television and a woman was naked standing over the edge of a hot air balloon pissing onto a camera. urine and urine emissions is an important thing to consider, but i never really thought of it until then, so thank you, germany. your wisdom continues to pave the way for human thought

quote:

The University of Chicago law professor Mary Anne Case has elaborated on the argument:

[E]fforts to encourage men to adopt urination methods associated in the western world with women have also been seen as threats to masculinity. Feminists in Germany have been urging men to accustom themselves to urinate while sitting on a toilet seat by posting signs in restrooms with the imperative “Hier wird sitzend gepinkelt” (Here one pees sitting down) and by explaining that such a practice would be more sanitary and create less work for those responsible for cleaning toilets, who are most often women. While some men have taken pride in accommodating this demand, others have vehemently resisted, going on talk shows, publishing editorials and cartoons, and forming Facebook groups of “Stehpinkler” (“Those who pee standing up”). So vehement was the resistance that academic Klaus Schwerma, a proponent of Sitzpinkeln, could write an entire critical book entitled “Stehpinkeln—Die Letzte Bastion der Maennlichkeit?” (Peeing Standing Up—the Last Bastion of Masculinity?).
"Urinals lead restrooms equal in square footage to offer more excreting opportunities to men than to women," she explained, causing longer lines for women's bathrooms and other inequities. "When such features as fainting couches, full length mirrors, and vanities are added—as they sometimes are—to women’s but not to men’s rooms, the ratio of excreting opportunities given equal square footage gets even worse for women." Case, for her part, endorsed the model of the single-user, unisex airplane toilet for public places. She didn't address excreting opportunities in the privacy of one's home. That, after all, is a matter best left up to the excretor and his or her family—and the German courts.

Is this feminism now? I thought we were talking about women being raped in India or burned with acid in Unspecifiedistan. What the gently caress is this "unequal excreting opportunities" bullshit?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just pee in the sink.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
German courts should order all women to purchase one of these:

http://www.go-girl.com/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Think I'll just keep standing to pee, thanks anyway.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I stand when I poop

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i handstand when i poop

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I poo poo while running a full speed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Stand in the place where you poop

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
thats a really good pic of a guy peeing op

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Give me enough time to empty the water cooler here and I'll get you an even better one.

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Karma is a bitch. Shouldn't have killed all those Jews.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

quote:

the old thirsty bird

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I sit to pee, but that's because I can't afford to lose time raiding/posting so I just keep a trash can under a mesh chair and let loose when I need to.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

quote:

The Telegraph reported that sitzpinkler had become a synonym for "wimp,"

Definitely using this from now on.

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
ima human being

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
It's really gross when a toilet has too much water in it and the water hits ur junk

suspicious donkey!
Jun 26, 2013
they call me.... the excretor!!!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Maybe if the Germans didn't have those gross shallow toilets with the shelf then the pee wouldn't splash everywhere.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Cthulu Carl posted:

I sit to pee, but that's because I can't afford to lose time raiding/posting so I just keep a trash can under a mesh chair and let loose when I need to.

and yet it's cruel when we have animals do this. Americans :eyeroll:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
when i was in university i was an exchange student in germany and my host mother told me i had to sit down to pee lol like i did that ever

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I was at a party once near UMass Amherst and the upstairs bathroom had a carpeted bathroom. There was a sign above the toilet that said "Always Sit, Never poo poo" and it is advice that I took to heart.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

when i was in university i was an exchange student in germany and my host mother told me i had to sit down to pee lol like i did that ever

pissing on the seat unifies all foreigners the world over

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
why do men get pee everywhere though

there's nothing wrong with standing to pee in theory but you sacrifice the privilege of standing if you can't handle the responsibilities of not getting piss everywhere IMO

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
people who sit to pee are missing out on some great stuff, they cant ever lumberjack or do piss tricks where you gather foam in a corner before you aim the stream into it and scatter it all over the bowl

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

there's nothing wrong with standing to pee in theory but you sacrifice the privilege of standing if you can't handle the responsibilities of not getting piss everywhere IMO

It's called marking your territory :rolleyes:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sometimes the pee stream splits and at that point you have to make a decision to either stop pissing or try to adjust yourself midstream to lessen the collateral damage as much as possible

It's not something you can plan for ahead of time

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

stehpinklers are bad dudes who wear they hats on backwards

sitzpinklers are good dudes who keep the brim over their face

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

prolly got micropeen problems. pretty rude to bodyshame them like that, actually

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i refuse to sitzpinkel. i am rosa parks

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

sometimes the pee stream splits and at that point you have to make a decision to either stop pissing or try to adjust yourself midstream to lessen the collateral damage as much as possible

It's not something you can plan for ahead of time

then sit your drat rear end down, problem solved

now your pee stream can split 50 ways like a shower head and it won't matter

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

you'd have to have every guy stop standing to be at the same time, because there's a war going on out there.

whether it's the urinal or toilet, any sheen or spot of liquid is immediately interpreted as another's urine, forcing you to stand back an inch or 2, and if you get any on the floor then the next person will stand further back, until they're at the opposite end of the restroom arcing it in and the pool of urine is 5 square feet.

you could more easily enforce this pee ban in a home toilet.

also if you are in the wilderness theres no reason to pee-squat when you can just whip it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
but if i sit down... i might poop!

• Locked thread