Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Goblin posted:

Awesome, I did sell a few duplicate masters recently so I splurged and bought some mastercrafted stuff to bring my resists over 130k and my HP w/ food/drink to 581k (the eq2u profile is up to date I think) but am holding off on any more until I hear what ya think.

Oh and thank you for the stat cap write-up in the OP, I spent a while combing through mostly out of date information trying to figure out what current caps are (especially now a mage's ranged weapon does appreciable damage, what a surprise that was to find out). Then I happened to remember a part of the OP mentioning stats and there it all was!

I kept wondering why I'd get cloth armor rewards with DPS and Attack Speed stats and initially just wrote it off as auto-vendor loot :cry:

If you're talking about getting gear with wrong stats that you're not after from the signature quest, you can buy the piece you want from a merchant in Phantom Seas if you've done the quest that rewards that item. I'm not talking about trading in shards for melting down gear, there is a whole set of 'quest only' stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I edited my post on the last page, Goblin. Might also be able to hook you up with one of my guildmates who used to be super serious warlock. But most of his input is going to line up with Mogrim's guide since they raided together.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Sarah posted:

If you're talking about getting gear with wrong stats that you're not after from the signature quest, you can buy the piece you want from a merchant in Phantom Seas if you've done the quest that rewards that item. I'm not talking about trading in shards for melting down gear, there is a whole set of 'quest only' stuff.

Ooh I see, I'll have to take a look and see if anything is still worth swapping.

Tsurupettan posted:

I edited my post on the last page, Goblin. Might also be able to hook you up with one of my guildmates who used to be super serious warlock. But most of his input is going to line up with Mogrim's guide since they raided together.

Oof I messed up on the MC chest and legs then, my ability mod was so low compared to the recommended I got dead-set on getting more and didn't even realize you can't reforge MC gear (don't have reforging unlocked yet but will soon). At least those two were the cheapest pieces to buy, but I went ahead and got resist adorns for my wrists, the terrus cloak, and the purple doublecast adorn.

Now to look into that PvP neck, so far I haven't done a whole lot aside from queuing up to kill time in-between agnostic dungeons but it'll be interesting to see what these battlegrounds are like, I used to be decent (well, as decent as a warlock could be 1v1 in EoF and prior) at dueling but I have a feeling I'm in for some rough times haha.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Getting 16.5k tokens or whatever from PVP is quick and easy if you are a sub.

And yes, I'd consider reforging ESSENTIAL if you hit 100 and want to do anything serious.

Also I never answered your zone question, but at 140k resist you can technically do everything. Start with Zavith'loa (Caldera, Caverns, The Hunt). Brokenskull isn't worth the time outside of weeklies. Phantom Seas is next, ROM, CHH and Temple are probably the easiest out there. Temple isn't THAT easy but I think it's piss loving easy since I am bias and I legit enjoy it.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Tsurupettan posted:

The only times the portals don't 'open' for me is if I am in raid-quality graphics (e.g. everything is minimum) and they're opening but they don't render.

What character do you want promoted up?

Dryscale please!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sardikar posted:

Dryscale please!

Looks like permissions on that are for Trustee. I could make it friend but that gives too much access to it, and Trustee gives a ton of access to basically everything else. I guess in this case, hey Sarah what should I do for Sardikar? :v:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I'll change the box to friend. There shouldn't be anything worth stealing in there like Inner Sanctum :homebrew: shinies.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Ok, set the collections box so friends can withdrawl. I took the lore shinies out from ToV status collection (you need a buttload of status to buy the item to see the shinies). They were fairly expensive on the broker and they took quite a bit of time to collect. If you're really into house items, specifically large rear end dragons, we can discuss giving them to you to add to you collection, but not sell.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm dumb and gonna try this. Still haven't decided on a class. The class guide here says that Brigands are more debuff-y than Swashbucklers but they both seem to have a healthy collection; is it a quality thing, that the brigand debuffs are more useful? Of course warlocks look pretty cool too.

If it's not clear I prefer to be damage/debuffs (or group buffs; I just don't like retargeting all the time for single-target buffs).

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Just soloed Cella by myself. 5 years ago my main guild group couldn't beat it :woop:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Prism posted:

I'm dumb and gonna try this. Still haven't decided on a class. The class guide here says that Brigands are more debuff-y than Swashbucklers but they both seem to have a healthy collection; is it a quality thing, that the brigand debuffs are more useful? Of course warlocks look pretty cool too.

If it's not clear I prefer to be damage/debuffs (or group buffs; I just don't like retargeting all the time for single-target buffs).

Honestly, just pick whichever one you think is coolest. You can always switch between the two later!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

joshtothemaxx posted:

Honestly, just pick whichever one you think is coolest. You can always switch between the two later!

Between brigand/swash, right? I assume you can't change to warlock from a rogue class.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Prism posted:

Between brigand/swash, right? I assume you can't change to warlock from a rogue class.

Correct, can switch between brig and swash. Both are good. So are warlocks. Warlock is fun as hell too, IMO. Really, everyone is in decent to great shape except beastlords.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tsurupettan posted:

Correct, can switch between brig and swash. Both are good. So are warlocks. Warlock is fun as hell too, IMO. Really, everyone is in decent to great shape except beastlords.

Well at this rate I'll be in sometime tomorrow since the download won't finish before I have to head out for the night; I guess I have time to decide! I'm glad to hear they're all playable though even if that does make my decision a little harder.

Edit: I see good races can't be brigands and evil races can't be swashbucklers. Is this a starting limitation only, or is it an absolute (and I'd have to be a neutral race to be able to switch)?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Prism posted:

Well at this rate I'll be in sometime tomorrow since the download won't finish before I have to head out for the night; I guess I have time to decide! I'm glad to hear they're all playable though even if that does make my decision a little harder.

Edit: I see good races can't be brigands and evil races can't be swashbucklers. Is this a starting limitation only, or is it an absolute (and I'd have to be a neutral race to be able to switch)?

Race is a starting only thing. You can start as an ogre brigand and switch to a swashbuckler. Only four class pairs are evil/good only now.

Also the game is streamed content. You can play right now! I'm going to make a conjuror when I get home in two hours, actually.

Also hey guys look at the test server patch notes. :eyepop:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Also, when someone says a class is "bad" then that just means bad at max level. They're totally fine as you level. My beastlord has been 1 or 2 in DPS for my random pug groups from levels 40-80.

Here are all the class pairings that you can switch between.... Shadowknight-Paladin, Berzerker-Guardian, Monk-Bruiser, Swash-Brig, Troub-Dirge, Assassin-Ranger, Fury-Warden, Defiler-Mystic, Inquisitor-Templar, Wizard-Warlock, Conjurer-Necro, Illusionist-Coercer. Channeler and Beastlord are weirdo classes without a pairing because they were added well after the game launched.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Yes, exactly what Josh said. Beastlord is A+ amazing leveling experience and then they're a wet fart that people will LITERALLY NOT INVITE YOU TO GROUPS at cap for. This isn't like 'class is 1% behind another therefore im calling it bad' poo poo, this is 'people GENUINELY don't want beastlords in their group'.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Today is the EQ2 Dev Twitch Stream! Should be good comedy.

http://www.twitch.tv/everquest2

3 PST. EQ1s is at 2 PST. Be there or be square.

EDIT:

Nothing of value was discussed...
#DuckMountRage2015
Then the stream died and came back for a few moments.
Holly said my character file was huge. :smug:

Givin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 19, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Givin posted:

Today is the EQ2 Dev Twitch Stream! Should be good comedy.

http://www.twitch.tv/everquest2

3 PST. EQ1s is at 2 PST. Be there or be square.

EDIT:

Nothing of value was discussed...
#DuckMountRage2015
Then the stream died and came back for a few moments.
Holly said my character file was huge. :smug:

I was at work when this happened and totally missed it. Damnit.

edit: Soloing epic quests is actually pretty fun now.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
You honestly didn't miss anything but them acting like silly people.

Here is the basics of what they said. I'm sure the whole thing is on Youtube by now.
--They have something HUGE in the works but they can't tell us about it. They want to, but they just can't.
--Something about server back ends and restructuring of character information.
--Cross Server Dungeon queues are still on the way.
--No more plans to do a weekly content update but we knew this already.
--If you want AoW green gems (I think he said green), do the quests and stop bitching that they are no trade and they will never be heirloom. Their words.
--Dev pulled out a picture of a gnome on a duck and said "there" wadded up the picture and threw it at the camera then walked off the set in a pretend mad rage.

Yeah that's about it.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Givin posted:

You honestly didn't miss anything but them acting like silly people.

Here is the basics of what they said. I'm sure the whole thing is on Youtube by now.
--They have something HUGE in the works but they can't tell us about it. They want to, but they just can't.
--Something about server back ends and restructuring of character information.
--Cross Server Dungeon queues are still on the way.
--No more plans to do a weekly content update but we knew this already.
--If you want AoW green gems (I think he said green), do the quests and stop bitching that they are no trade and they will never be heirloom. Their words.
--Dev pulled out a picture of a gnome on a duck and said "there" wadded up the picture and threw it at the camera then walked off the set in a pretend mad rage.

Yeah that's about it.

Thanks for the heads up. Cross server dungeon queues would be nice. Glad to see EQ2 devs are still weirdos in a good way?

fake edit: I take it they didn't talk or refused to talk about the SOE buyout.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Scout changes are coming as well, no more relying on stacked WDB from gear and group jewels. CA going to be increased, and while they didn't say it because I know they don't want rage, WDB is going to be nerf'd/capped. Sorry my poor Coercer, back to poo poo town for you.

Sarah fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 19, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
They ever going to make it so i don't need 4 loving full action bars of abilities to play my paladin properly yet

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Priority macros man! Da wave of the future. I should make a guide for that.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

Speak of the devil, Mogrim actually pm'd me today in regards to a warlock ancient I have for sale. I didn't realize it but I spent a good amount of time with him grinding 90-100 masters in the agnostic dungeons while he was on an alt. Small world!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Goblin posted:

Speak of the devil, Mogrim actually pm'd me today in regards to a warlock ancient I have for sale. I didn't realize it but I spent a good amount of time with him grinding 90-100 masters in the agnostic dungeons while he was on an alt. Small world!

I don't care how sad life it is, I'm locking certain characters at specific levels for ancients that cap in the sixties, e.g. plane shift

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

They ever going to make it so i don't need 4 loving full action bars of abilities to play my paladin properly yet

Haven't you heard? Having a dozen skills that basically do the same thing is what sets EQ2 apart from the other MMOs. Can't take that away.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Guild hall upkeep expired, I added two weeks.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

After like 7 years I finally got my Swashy epic. Woo.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

Priority macros man! Da wave of the future. I should make a guide for that.

I'd for real like want to play this again if half my UI wasn't full of like 13 taunts and 15 melee abilities that do the same goddamn thing and could push like 6 buttons instead of having a keybind that's more complex than a chinese keyboard.

Well and AB wasn't dead too, there's that factor.

I just want to solo my epic because paladin epic looks neat-o

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I am a 55 ranger and I have so many abilities I have to add another row soon. I know some are better than others but it is basically just me randomly clicking buttons at this point.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Like, is it feasible to trim down to a couple bars of basic poo poo and ignore half the redundant stuff?

Is there mouseover healing?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

There is some garbage you can remove from your bars but it is a case-by-case basis, and there's 26 classes so I can't just say 'remove x y z' arbitrarily. The bar bloat is seriously one of the few complaints I actually have about EQ2.

But yeah what some players do is they create a macro that looks like:

Cast ability A
Cast ability B
Cast ability C
Cast ability D
etc.
etc.
Cast Heroic Opportunity (you need this)

Then you can just mash that key to use all your poo poo in the order above, and if it comes back off CD it'll use it in that order. I don't recommend it for EVERY ability (nothing that can be toggled off, or certain important abilities) but like generic 'does X damage', 'does Y damage + a debuff' etc. things can just go in there.

Of course you need to determine your priority for that via ACT logs or other player info (or just don't give a poo poo if you're a tank and put taunts on top). This can actually greatly increase your DPS if set up right because it (supposedly) handles queueing, delays and latency better.

These macros are best on anyone who uses a spell weapon to autoattack because you literally can't gently caress up with them and delay your attacks, but they'll work fine for everyone else too.

I don't know if mouseover healing exists because this is the one MMO that, for some reason, I never felt it mattered.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

(or just don't give a poo poo if you're a tank and put taunts on top

Since my only character is a paladin I feel like I can do just that. Neat.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Get to 100 and raid with me instead in Eviction Notice! We had a few people quit due to irl, rip.

I posted this a few pages back but I was serious, my raid guild could use a few more competent people. I think we want a shaman, a troub, another good T1 dps and maybe a backup tank? I'm not sure, I'll double check and edit this post, but at the very least well-played of anything is welcome.

They're pretty decent folks, it's the 'older people who are married and have kids' kind of group.

General requirements are 'be 100, have 340+ AAs, know what you're doing and be geared enough for at least Pools' which is all green armor, 140k+ resists and around 1m hp with buffs, I believe.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 21, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

I posted this a few pages back but I was serious, my raid guild could use a few more competent people. I think we want a shaman, a troub, another good T1 dps and maybe a backup tank? I'm not sure, I'll double check and edit this post, but at the very least well-played of anything is welcome.

They're pretty decent folks, it's the 'older people who are married and have kids' kind of group.

General requirements are 'be 100, have 340+ AAs, know what you're doing and be geared enough for at least Pools' which is all green armor, 140k+ resists and around 1m hp with buffs, I believe.

If and when I ever get a 100 character on AB I'll join up.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm also happy to run with people in heroics and help you gear up. Once you hit 100, the easiest way to get rolling is (assuming you have some plat, or you can harvest/craft):

Finish the entire AoM storyline. The mount is 3k resists.

Grab a full set of Xiocite jewelry. If you've got another 100 to pass gear down, skip Cadmium Band and Tourmaline Earring first. Either way, this will put you at almost 130k resist from gear. You get about 2000 from Focus Effects, and adorns will add another 6,666 resist. Your AoM mount puts you at a little over 140k.

Get a mastercrafted cloak and belt. Usually you're going to pick a belt/cloak that can't (or won't) be reforged anyway, such as doublecast/skills, flurry/skills, pure pot, etc.

Mastercrafted weapons are fine/good as well. There are a lot of weapon choices, so be careful which you pick up. Look at the swing timers on them as well.

There's a vendor in the tower at the PS docks, to the left of the Ferrin vendor. This is the Malice Shard npc. The main reason you're here right now is because you want to go through and pick up the quested gear to optimize your armor to your needs. I suggest this because you can reforge it. Any piece that you WON'T reforge, you can grab an MC piece for.

Get a full set of expert spells. 91+ experts are now finally better than the old masters.

Eat 30 minute food. The market goes up and down on this a lot, but it's worth investing in.

Adorn your poo poo. Electrified adorns are slightly better than HC. They also go in L95 gear, so if you're coming up in ToV raiding gear, replace those old adorns with electrified ones.

Doing all of the above makes it really easy to get into easier green zones in Phantom Seas (RoM, CHH, Temple). You'll still want to do Zavith'loa because they're a piss easy source of blue gear and ferrin, plus some incredible jewelry/charms drop there. Brokenskull is a waste of time unless it's a weekly or DD.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
Where do I find theorycrafting/class guides/raid info and stuff like that for this game? The official forums seem kind of inactive, and the others I could find are long since abandoned.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It depends. That's kind of a copout, but yeah, it depends.

Warlocks? Dude named Mogrim, who has been around forever, has a whole up to date guide. And then you go look for, like, Troubadour info and it's sparse. Honestly, it might be best to just ask for what you're looking for here and I'll give you an answer or go look it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

What's going on with the EQ2 servers? They have been crapping out on me for about 24 hours now.