Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm dumb and gonna try this. Still haven't decided on a class. The class guide here says that Brigands are more debuff-y than Swashbucklers but they both seem to have a healthy collection; is it a quality thing, that the brigand debuffs are more useful? Of course warlocks look pretty cool too.

If it's not clear I prefer to be damage/debuffs (or group buffs; I just don't like retargeting all the time for single-target buffs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

joshtothemaxx posted:

Honestly, just pick whichever one you think is coolest. You can always switch between the two later!

Between brigand/swash, right? I assume you can't change to warlock from a rogue class.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tsurupettan posted:

Correct, can switch between brig and swash. Both are good. So are warlocks. Warlock is fun as hell too, IMO. Really, everyone is in decent to great shape except beastlords.

Well at this rate I'll be in sometime tomorrow since the download won't finish before I have to head out for the night; I guess I have time to decide! I'm glad to hear they're all playable though even if that does make my decision a little harder.

Edit: I see good races can't be brigands and evil races can't be swashbucklers. Is this a starting limitation only, or is it an absolute (and I'd have to be a neutral race to be able to switch)?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I am on the goon server but I never see anyone. :( Is the guild as dead as /who makes it look, or am I doing it wrong? (/who all goone)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Parco.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So alignment doesn't matter too much in this server? Good to know.

I didn't originally play EQ2 in the distant past. Are Conjurers/Necromancers decent at this point or do they need abilities they don't have yet? I remember old-EQ was sometimes a little sketchy on class balance. I like damage, pets, and debuffs. (Pets optional but they help solo. I do prefer debuffing to buffing as my support though.)

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 23, 2015

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

joshtothemaxx posted:

I've been hearing that Necro is insanely good soloing right now but not so great for group dps, but basically nobody is over level 25 or so... So who knows.

There are no gimped classes in vanilla eq2 like there were in vanilla eq. The only thing close to gimped are Monk/Bruiser tanks, but they're decent enough.

Based on your criteria, yeah play a Summoner or an Enchanter. Or maybe a Shaman if you wanna heal more than damage.

Cool, good to know; I had been worried about getting one that didn't really 'click' at the original level cap. Thanks! I did consider shamans a bit but I think I'm going to stick with Conjurer or Coercer. I'll start looking for people for a guild invite late tonight/early tomorrow depending on when I get set up.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jade Star posted:

I'm on TLE almost every day but yeah, the YOGS dried up a long time ago and I moved on to another guild to raid and have people around. Kind of sucks, but there wasnt enough of a goon population to do much with. I'm in Vindicate now and they're nice people, 10-20 people online during non raid times and they'll probably invite anyone if you just want a guild with dudes online to group with.

Is this still a thing? I'm unemployed and bored, I may as well waste time in Everquest just like I did when I was younger! (EQ1, not 2.)

Anyway, I hate having no chatter but the guild doesn't have to be YOGS as long as it's decent, so if a newbie hanging around isn't a problem maybe I'll set this up again and actually decide on a class for real.

ed: Or is the non-timelocked server the place to be for near-newbies? I don't even know!

Prism fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 25, 2016

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jade Star posted:

Yeah this is totally still a thing. Vindicate still has good numbers of people on during the day and they're friendly and do a lot of stuff like guild grouping and whatever. They'd totally be newbie friendly. Just send me a tell sometime and I'll ask an officer for an invite.

Can guarantee to find me online during raid times, tues thurs and sat 5-8pm PST on my main Randyll. And I'm going to be messing around on alts today too so look for Pyat or Jhaqen too.

Excellent, thank you! I won't be around tonight but I will try to find you over the next while.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Well I'll definitely get into one of them.

Does race matter at all anymore? I played way more EQ1 than EQ2, and I'm wondering if my dreams of karate fairy (well, OK, bruiser arasai) are doomed to failure due to not being able to equip important things.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm torn between tailoring and sagery on my conjuror. I'm on the time-locked server. Sage makes skills for me (and priests, I guess) and tailor makes equipment; I don't know which is more useful/profitable/easier to do.

Which would be recommended?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Givin posted:

There is about to be buckets upon buckets of sweet necro tears on TLE.

Why, what changed? (And does it affect conjurers?)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So did they announce a new TLE other than the PVP one? I thought they did but now I can't find anything about it so I am wondering where I got that idea.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Krazuel posted:

They said 2 new TLPs are coming for EQ1 about the same time they announced the PVP one so might be what you are thinking about, other than that idk.

I guess that was it. I don't follow EQ1 much any more but I do remember something about that. Guess I don't have to worry about a new one showing up right now.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I started again too. I had been going to wait to see if they popped up with another TLE but welp here I am

I'm Neralka, a barbarian monk.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Sarah posted:

Why bother when they are rolling out a new tle :(

And, indeed, here is the information on that.

Kaladim TLE Server posted:

Are you ready to relive your epic journey from the earliest days of EverQuest II? Heed the call of adventure and return to the Isle of Refuge once again on the new Time-Locked Expansion Server, Kaladim! The Kaladim server is scheduled to launch on Saturday, March 16, 2019.

What’s Happening on Kaladim?
Kaladim is a Time-Locked Expansion server where expansions unlock automatically. Kaladim will also have a new twist on Collection Quests. Completing Collection Quests on this server will reward 3 new achievements from each expansion aside from the normal collection quest rewards and achievements that are provided. These will give new rewards and titles unique to only Kaladim, but once obtained may then be applied to all characters on your account. Kaladim will also have a twist on Heritage Quests. Completing a Heritage Quest on this server will not only provide the quest reward, but an additional reward on EVERY server you play on.

Content Unlocks Every 16 Weeks
Every 16 weeks, new expansion content will automatically unlock on Kaladim. That means you'll experience 16 weeks of classic EverQuest II, 16 weeks of Desert of Flames, 16 weeks of Kingdom of Sky, and so on. Any content that was released in between expansions, including GU and Adventure Pack content, will release 8 weeks after its corresponding expansion has released. For example, 8 weeks after Kingdom of Sky is released, you’ll have access to Fallen Dynasty.

All Races, But Not All Classes
Channelers and Beastlords have been deemed “out of progression” for the Kaladim server. These newer classes will not be included as their newer spells and play styles are out of place for this journey.

New Itemization and Balance
Items have neem adjusted down to better fit the server's progression and to be more similar to original item stats. Itemization will change drastically from Shattered Lands to Velious. This, combined with a major encounter balance and player ability update, will restore more the classic feel of the original launch.

Return of the Hoods
We will be reopening the hoods and villages for Kaladim, like Big Bend, Longshadow Alley, the Baubleshire and Nettleville. Quest content in these villages will remain changed, but the hoods themselves will be there to access and reminisce. In time, these hoods will also be available for all other servers.

Familiars
Familiars have also been deemed “out of progression,” and will not drop on Kaladim. They will not be available for purchase on the server.

I think I may try a brigand or dirge for it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Blackdog420 posted:

Don't worry about a guild invite on AB, I've decided to just wait for the next progression server next month. Does anyone else plan on making a char?

I probably will, though I'm not sure if it will be a dirge, a brigand, or a wizard.

Edit: Or a tank on the outside. I don't know the dungeons though so I don't know if I want to do that.

Prism fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 26, 2019

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'm down to either Berserker and Conjurer (I have a Brigand on live so I'm not doing that one).

How are Berserkers? Can they solo worth a drat? I expect I'll be doing that a fair bit.

Edit: though if they can't, SK can be a backup choice.

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 14, 2019

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I've got a conjurer (Tael) rolling.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

nerox posted:

XP on Kaladim are the original rates I think, maybe slightly higher.

Its no where near as fast as the normal server.

I am having a hard time finding a class I want to play. I got a Necro at 13 and SK at 14. Every other class I played I just haven't enjoyed. I've tried Dirge, Troub, Defiler, Coercer, Illusionist, Assassian and gotten most out of the newbie island and decided the lass wasn't for me, and it seems like SKs and Necros are everywhere.

I feel this problem. I have a conjurer and a berserker. The conjurer is fun but the class is just everywhere and I'm a little worried about tanking since I don't know any of the dungeons.

Maybe I'll just poke around a little more and see which I end up getting to 15ish first.

Edit: I can probably be around this evening if we need more hands to make a guild.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Xolve posted:

Should go with <What>

I like <What>.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I settled in with a Brigand, same as on the other time-locked server when I did that.

I'll be on as Miralte this afternoon/evening and I'll either scrounge a guild invite or sign on to make the guild, whichever's needed.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I actually resubbed for Mischief on EQ1 but I'm out in EQ2 on Kaladim because Beastlords weren't there yet. Made a Conjuror, enjoying it so far.

Edit: I forgot how dark it got at night, lol. Gonna have to find a torch or something.

Double edit: but only in some zones? weird

Prism fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 8, 2021

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Makes me want to try a scout-type I haven't played before. Dirge? Swash? Maybe even Assassin if I want to mess around with Stealth (Assassin is all Stealth/positional-based right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I ended up making a halfling swashbuckler, anyway. Thanks for the heads-up about the XP.