Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What korean dishes are as good as Thai? Also you should break down China into at least provincial cuisines. Also you forgot several country's cuisines. Also korean food is kinda boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

spooky girlfriend posted:

Reminder that if you haven't been to China, or ordered while speaking Chinese in a large American city, you haven't actually ever tasted Chinese cuisine.

If you ever make it to NYC/Chinatown, me & my family would take you up on that challenge. My treat.

If you can score even better Cha Siu Bao for me I'll concede defeat immediately.

I've head Korean BBQ boarders on being magically delicious. That is on my bucket list for certain.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Korean bbq isn't that interesting..they have kimchi so what. The rest is cafeteria level rice veggies and meat. Only selling point is when its buffet style. Seriously who gives a drat about korean. Its *good enough*.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
the BBQ and Bibimbap are good. Banchan is a good idea. Have you ever eaten indian food cooked by muslims. Best food in the world.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Malaysian food is the bees knees

I suppose this is overall a better topic than asian child brides, ive seen some poo poo in cambodia. 60 year old guys walking along with scantily clad girls that couldn't be more than 16. Not so good..you break you buy, white man

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

the BBQ and Bibimbap are good. Banchan is a good idea. Have you ever eaten indian food cooked by muslims. Best food in the world.

Well yeah Indian food is God tier. Thought the topic was about the yellow nations tho.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

If you ever make it to NYC/Chinatown, me & my family would take you up on that challenge. My treat.

I think you misread my post, I said you COULD get the real deal in large American cities. I lived in Manhattan for 4 years so I know Chinatown and Flushings pretty well, I prefer Flushings. Better options in general, better dim sum for sure. But Chinatown does have good options for Westerners, like Joe's Shanghai, which has English menus but yet is still pretty good, even if a fair amount of the menu is more Americanized in general. The soup dumplings are the best thing they have. Prosperity dumplings is a good Chinatown option for just grabbing dumplings and sesame pancakes, that's cheap and authentic, with English menus.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
stop talking about celestial food choices you fat fucks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

5-HT posted:

apparently chinese men are into dating black women now

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pictures/chinese-men-with-black-women-african-wives.html

so african women are to chinese men as chinese women are to white dudes, lol
gently caress yeah more blasians in the world

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

This brother,
when looking at his wife at home,
even needs to carry a flashlight.

quote:

ORIGINAL CHINESE TEXT:
还要带手电筒

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I think you misread my post, I said you COULD get the real deal in large American cities. I lived in Manhattan for 4 years so I know Chinatown and Flushings pretty well, I prefer Flushings. Better options in general, better dim sum for sure. But Chinatown does have good options for Westerners, like Joe's Shanghai, which has English menus but yet is still pretty good, even if a fair amount of the menu is more Americanized in general. The soup dumplings are the best thing they have. Prosperity dumplings is a good Chinatown option for just grabbing dumplings and sesame pancakes, that's cheap and authentic, with English menus.

Thank you. Correct on Queens. Too many tourists in Canal IMO especially on weekends. I stumbled into a few hidden gems in Flushing tucked away in the strangest of places. The foreboding basement of the Golden Mall is a treasure trove of deliciousness. The place looks dicey for eating food, but NY'ers know no fear.

The stalls have no names that i could read, but its the real deal from what i can tell. The one joint with $19 all you can eat is a dream come true for Goons. Freshly made noodles, plump, juicy dumplings and ZOMG the lamb burger...the lamb burger is otherworldly. I tried the scallion pancakes at one stall & the explosion of flavors can only be described as pure decadence.

I used to hit a place on Canal that made amazing Cha Siu Bao & the most epic Coconaut Bread from a tall oven right behind the cash register. It was a corner store, that looked like a tea house really. 50 cent Siu Bao literally pulled fresh from the oven can not be beat.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Filipino food is loving stunning. Remind me of Spanish food but the sauces, condiments give it a completely different experience. Just masterful cuisine.

You'll lose all interest in Chinese takeout, fast food, garbage afterwards.

yeah that rancid fish head soup and a side order of balut please yum

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I've heard from chinese coworkers that the chinese food you get in america is more food for special occasions or catering, like in america you might order pizza for a casual office lunch meeting or such you'd get some chow mein and cashew chicken.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JiveHonky posted:

yeah that rancid fish head soup and a side order of balut please yum

Ok, yeah that Balut or Sisig dish is just beyond the pale for me. But I'll jump on Adobo, meat pies or Lechon any day.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I don't know if it makes any sense to put Latinos on this thing at all

We are basically the mutts of the world

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ArbitraryC posted:

I think the better question is why are white women so against white dudes dating asian women.

I don't care about it

I do think it's funny when guys go after asian ladies hoping for a subservient girlfriend and instead end up with a tiger woman, but that is neither here nor there

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

I don't know if it makes any sense to put Latinos on this thing at all

We are basically the mutts of the world

It doesn't but only 'cause latinos are white now.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I don't care about it

I do think it's funny when guys go after asian ladies hoping for a subservient girlfriend and instead end up with a tiger woman, but that is neither here nor there

Just saying.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Jennifer Aniston
Demi Moore
Helen Mirren

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ramsus posted:

Jennifer Aniston
Demi Moore
Helen Mirren

Margaret Cho

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Is that Lindsay lohan?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
ok so if you guys are so smart whats the best race for woman to be?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

JiveHonky posted:

Definetely not that one from the last matrix movie where it's like all the races mixed into one or whatever poo poo or the time travel movie where in the future everyone lives on cliffs and it's like all races mixed into one goddamn that movie sucked

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ramsus posted:

Definetely not that one from the last matrix movie where it's like all the races mixed into one or whatever poo poo or the time travel movie where in the future everyone lives on cliffs and it's like all races mixed into one goddamn that movie sucked

Krull

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Dirty Sanchez posted:

It doesn't but only 'cause latinos are white now.

gently caress that poo poo.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Soon white women will reproduce by parthenogenesis alone, so white guys are going to need to find a new race to attempt to breed with

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
In all honesty for goons that race will probably be socks

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

JiveHonky posted:

Just date your race; its not politically correct to say, but there are going to be less problems understanding each other's culture. If you find someone who really rocks your rear end who isn't from your culture/ethnicity, be prepared for all sorts of misunderstandings and hurt feelings

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

Already said this. Second gen western chinese. Big hot lollipop head + western personality = superior.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

ElGroucho posted:

Just date your race; its not politically correct to say, but there are going to be less problems understanding each other's culture. If you find someone who really rocks your rear end who isn't from your culture/ethnicity, be prepared for all sorts of misunderstandings and hurt feelings

I'm going to gently caress and impregnate myself with myself, so this rings true for me as well

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

ElGroucho posted:

Just date guys; its not politically correct to say, but there are going to be less problems understanding each other. If you find someone who really rocks your rear end who isn't a guy, be prepared for all sorts of misunderstandings and hurt feelings

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
no i mean like say i wanna be the prettiest woman. like say im a man and im gonna get transformed into a woman and i want to be the most desireable. for less that $900 preferably

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Honestly, sometimes I think gay guys probably have poo poo figured out

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Yeah great except that men are repulsive.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

opus111 posted:

Don't listen to this man, he has a weird "Asian girl taking a poo poo" fetish

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

JiveHonky posted:

no i mean like say i wanna be the prettiest woman. like say im a man and im gonna get transformed into a woman and i want to be the most desireable. for less that $900 preferably

Hmm Brazilian I guess?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

opus111 posted:

Yeah I mean I can understand a mans anus or mouth wrapped around my throbbing member feeling good but hugging/kissing a man is just gross. Their bodies look like poo poo compared to a woman.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

opus111 posted:

Nah, i think it's just you that's gross

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Well yes because I am a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

opus111 posted:

Well yes because I am a man.