Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Dan Henderson defeated the mighty Shogun Rua so I don't want to hear your lies and slanders

The best part of the second fight was how Dan got comprehensively handled for two rounds and then suddenly Shogun was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm way late here but in terms of fastest UFC submission outside of Macias' dive, I think the winner is Marcus Aurelio for completely owning some scrub in about 14 seconds.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

"An Akira-do fighter" :ughh:

Sicilia is bad but I really hope he gets the KO here.

e:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Holy poo poo, Akira Corrasani's style is Akirado, or the way of Akira.

Akira isn't even his real name, it's Hamid.

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 25, 2015

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

gently caress yes

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Great job by Phil "I can take down anyone in the world" Davis, Joe

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Please book the winner of this fight against Cormier so he can style all over them.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

pretty much the perfect result for that fight. Including no interview at the end.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I love that the UFC has the rights to all of Strikeforce and EliteXC's footage now so they can show Nick Diaz beating up guys like Thomas Denny in their highlight package.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha this walkout music is so good. I hope Gegard keeps using it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This is it by the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7YSNbq2KcQ

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol here we go again

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

karma for Dan's bullshit win over Rich Franklin IMO

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Tito Ortiz > Ryan Bader > Phil Davis > Lyoto Machida guys. Never forget that :ortiz:

otoh,

e: Rumble hype train is about to get derailed hard :getin:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Remora posted:

Do we have any idea what Gus is tallying on his right arm?
wins as a pro, I think. He's got an empty one for the fight with Davis and I believe he half-coloured in the one for the Jones fight :haw:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

holy poo poo

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Charles Gnarwin posted:

After Johnson, there are no contenders left. Is there anyone even making a run right now? All the big contenders I can think of are coming off a loss or are Rashad Evans.

IMO they should throw as much money at Jones and Cain as they need to to make that fight happen if they both defend successfully. Neither really has any compelling challengers afterwards and that fight would be massive.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Would Jones really do that? Pretty sure Cain would murder him.

I dunno, that's why I said they might need to throw some money at them. Though I do think Jones would be motivated to be the first guy to hold two belts. And yeah I think he and Cain beefed a little in the leadup to the Cormier fight.

EvanSchenck posted:

Gus-Cormier is a neat goddamn fight, I hope that gets made

Nah I really wanna see Cormier embarrass the poo poo out of Bader now. Get Gus to fight Glover or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Shoota_McG posted:

@JonnyBones: Not impressed Alex

lol he deleted this

• Locked thread