Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
I only have time to watch one, so tell me which is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
me neither op

WindmillSlayer

whichever one has Nude Alien TIties

dogcrash truther
If you think several of them are good, but for different reasons, tell me what the reasons are so I can make an informed choice based on my own personality and my mood at this time.

dogcrash truther
Please don't say none of them are good. I want to watch one of them, and I don't want to waste my time, so I need to know which one is the best.

tao of lmao

If this is an honest question, and you've never seen any trek before, watch TNG.

dogcrash truther
I've seen some of the movies (3 and 6, and Generations and the most recent Abrams one), but I have never seen an episode of the TV show

dogcrash truther

Dont bully me! posted:

If this is an honest question, and you've never seen any trek before, watch TNG.

Some people, probably most, have said this to me, but then others swear by the original series or Deep Space 9. Nobody has said the other one yet. I forget what it's called

yoober

DS9 is better than TNG

DemonToadGoat

Voyager is the other one.

Startrek is kinda old and dated, but if you like that, its more "science" based. Things take appropriate time, think of Mash in space.

TNG has the best Captain and the most interesting character progression, early episodes are really stilted though

DS9 I didn't like, it just seems like "Bobs soap opera on a space station" Then later some plot happens with weird alienes with clits on their forhead and it maybe gets better. More a philosophical series

Voyager I don't know, but most my girl friends like it the most, nerds get uppidty about one of the characters being hot or something smh

tao of lmao

yoober posted:

DS9 is better than TNG

agreed, but i don't think you can enjoy ds9 as much without kinda knowing the universe and TNG does that fairly well. ds9 works because it contrasts TNG

tao of lmao

DemonToadGoat posted:

DS9 I didn't like, it just seems like "Bobs soap opera on a space station" Then later some plot happens with weird alienes with clits on their forhead and it maybe gets better. More a philosophical series

Bad Opinion

yoober

Dont bully me! posted:

agreed, but i don't think you can enjoy ds9 as much without kinda knowing the universe and TNG does that fairly well. ds9 works because it contrasts TNG

yes but I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone sit through hours of Wesley Crusher

tao of lmao

yoober posted:

yes but I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone sit through hours of Wesley Crusher

wesley and guinan were my favorite characters as a child

FluffieDuckie

tng is the best imo, but you really really need to see some of the original before you die. frankly i've lost a little bit of respect for you that you haven't

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

bog pixie

deep space 9

FluffieDuckie

dogcrash truther: durr there's a this show called star trek that's kind of a big deal but i was too busy painting my warhammer figures to watch any of it

fluffieduckie: :negative:

bog pixie

deep space 9 you have to watch in order but tng you don't really

arghfist

watch all of them except the new one w/ Scott Bacula. skip the first season of each series until you're ready(you'll know when it's time)

Kuromyneko

Kuro neko

For comedy value TNG its pretty much a show about sexual frustration, John Lukes inevitable breakdown after years of being in the closet, Rikers constant struggle to not screw everything in sight. Worfs battle to understand his own race surrounded by humans. A space soap opera.

joke_explainer

I agree with julio that DS9 is the best series, but you do kind of need at least the setup from TNG. I'd like watch maybe like a top ten episodes of TNG or something, then once you've got the feel for it move to DS9 and watch it serially.

Machai

Ace of Baes
the empire strike back

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kuromyneko

Kuro neko

Security Drone posted:

I agree with julio that DS9 is the best series, but you do kind of need at least the setup from TNG. I'd like watch maybe like a top ten episodes of TNG or something, then once you've got the feel for it move to DS9 and watch it serially.

Watch the ones with Q and the Borg or when Worf goes to work on a Klingon ship. Also when Data starts to experiment on him self to become more human, so many good episodes :).

i am he

mmmmmmmmmmmmm none

deep dish peat moss

The only one I've ever seen is TNG because I dated a weird girl who smelled like pennies and loved it and our young flame didn't last even 24 hours after I watched TNG with her. Be careful.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Buck Rogers

bacalou

Security Drone posted:

this

i am he

hey guys. dont say none, because i really want to watch one of the iterations of this bad tv show. theyre all terrible, and aimed at children 6-10, but i really want to watch one to get in character for a role im playing where im a child and put my knees in shoes and walk around so i look like one.

bacalou

i am he posted:

hey guys. dont say none, because i really want to watch one of the iterations of this bad tv show. theyre all terrible, and aimed at children 6-10, but i really want to watch one to get in character for a role im playing where im a child and put my knees in shoes and walk around so i look like one.

way to be a huge jerk i am he

bacalou

i am he judiciously shuns the new kid in third grade because he likes digimon instead of pokemon

tao of lmao

i don't like thing

Cosmic Charlie

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
If youre only going to watch one episode of one series, check out "The Inner Light" from the next generation.

saboten

i am he posted:

its no doctor who amirite??

thank u bacalou

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Cosmic Charlie posted:

If youre only going to watch one episode of one series, check out "The Inner Light" from the next generation.

oh, i like that one, actually

FluffieDuckie

i am he posted:

i am he sweetie instead of posting wrong things on the internet, shouldn't you be mailing that postcard about now?

ron color
the doors open on they own

EXAKT Science

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kuromyneko posted:

A space soap opera.

that's just star trek in general tho

i am he

bacalou posted:

way to be a huge jerk i am he

sorry i was just trying to get a rise. ive never seen star trek..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ron color
no matter which one you see theres going to be a bunch of bad empisodes and some really good ones . . . its a like real life game of minesweeper where instead of a upset smilie face you get the guy from reading rainbow turning into an invisible monster. watch star trek ii with ricardo montalban

• Locked thread