Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
please get your bets down on how many times there will be bear molestation or lotus juice raps

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/persona-news-livestream-announced-february-4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Persona is epic but I'd like 30 hours of main line SMT content or other spinoffs like DDS. Adios.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
:agreed: but mainline smt doesn't pull numbers

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
30 hours of dancing. Dancing bears. Something about shadows? You see, in that shadow by the edge of the stage? Maybe it is the shadow of a butterfly. 10 hours in I am blind. Literally blind. The dancing.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

i haven't played a persona game before, is bear molestation a common theme or something?

Not in my play throughs of 1, 2 (both of them), 3 or 4 but uhhh maybe I didn't find the secret arcana or something

Also I think you might enjoy some of the SMT games like Nocturne

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I bet they're going to remake Persona 1, and both parts of persona 2 to make them more palatable since they are nothing like P3 or P4.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
in the persona 4 spin off trailer stream some stupid jack rear end that worked for atlus jp started rubbing a bear groin

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
persona actually got less good writing wise as time went on, but become more fun as far as gameplay is concerned

i am interested to see if persona five goes in a gameplay or writing direction because one will be worse than previously and the other will be better than before

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

I bet they're going to remake Persona 1, and both parts of persona 2 to make them more palatable since they are nothing like P3 or P4.

*mysterious loyall X considers in good faith and sincerity the stupid opinions of the posteer with the words avatar and username in human histyory lmao*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i don't know what "30 hours of persona content" means, OP. is this about the new game?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
no one really knows, they just said

quote:

The stream, which is taking place the day before the Persona Super Live 2015 concert at the Nippon Budokan concert hall starting at 1:00 p.m. JST (making it 11:00 p.m. EST Tuesday night), will last for over 30 hours, featuring content that will “spare no expense at conveying the charms of the Persona seres,” including those new to the series, as well as more importantly featuring “a slew” of new news pertaining to the Persona franchise.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DDS style SMT IV spinoff instead, please. Thank you Atlus.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
DDS and Nocturne for Vita, please. I have everything else handheld I think.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

This would probably make me decide to get a vita.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It already has the P1/P2/P3/P4 remakes and the EP PS1 version available,they may as well experiment some

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
how do they fit 30 hours into one day?
where are those extra 6 coming from?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
It's kinda surprising that nothing has leaked about p5 yet from anywhere

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

how do they fit 30 hours into one day?
where are those extra 6 coming from?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

This would probably make me decide to get a vita.

That would tip me over the edge for sure. Already want to play Persona 4 Golden real bad. I was considering grabbing a Playstation TV next month but if for some reason more SMT stuff gets announced for Vita I might just get the real thing instead.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
get the vita tv if you just want to play megaten because in all honesty they are better suited to home playing and not mobile

im sure they will release something besides dancing all night megaten related on the vita at sony's behest

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what do they do for 30 hours? somebody gets up on stage to talk for like two minutes at a e3 and i'm like gently caress off show the trailers or announce something.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the new persona news conference will basically be any senate hearing where something needs to be voted on

persona v: emancipate yourself from filibustering

persona stream: filibuster all night

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yukari best girl

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zen death robot posted:

i haven't played a persona game before, is bear molestation a common theme or something?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Wow, I didn't even know they stacked poo poo over that prolonged a period of time.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Persona needs to stop preaching the power of friendship for me to ever be interested in it.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Slur posted:

Persona needs to stop preaching the power of friendship for me to ever be interested in it.

that's most/every jrpg

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Slur posted:

Persona's pretty much always hinged on the Power of Friendship, even before Social Links, now that I think about it. Some guy's undying love for his friends is basically the entire reason the Eternal Punishment half of Persona 2 happens at all.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

this would be super awesome, and i hope it happens.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am not going to class or sleeping on February 4, 2015

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Slur posted:

The power of friendship is strong even among demons as I learned from my friend Bugaboo in Strange Journey.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Eye of Widesauron posted:

The power of friendship is strong even among demons as I learned from my friend Bugaboo in Strange Journey.

RIP Jiminez, I had pierce reflect and a doppleganger who also has pierce reflect and he killed himself immediately

Dec 26, 2012

Slur posted:

personally i only show interest in jrpgs that celebrate the cold embrace of an eventual unloved death

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Slur posted:

friendship owns

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
It's kind of funny how Persona is "power of friendship" and then SMT is the opposite of "power of friendship" where your friends always turn into zealot assholes and later into weird eldritch abominations that you have to humanely put down.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

asvodel posted:

It's kind of funny how Persona is "power of friendship" and then SMT is the opposite of "power of friendship" where your friends always turn into zealot assholes and later into weird eldritch abominations that you have to humanely put down.

Persona is Teletubbies and SMT is Pulp Fiction

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Slur posted:

Persona 3 and 4 the "power of friendship" is more like "go out and make friends, not because you want friends, but because doing so will LITERALLY make you more powerful, in the form of summoning stronger persona". It's not working together that saves the day. You are just a crazy person manipulating others into loving you to increase your own power.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

RIP Jiminez, I had pierce reflect and a doppleganger who also has pierce reflect and he killed himself immediately

must have been a fun boss fight...not.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Light Gun Man posted:

Persona 3 and 4 the "power of friendship" is more like "go out and make friends, not because you want friends, but because doing so will LITERALLY make you more powerful, in the form of summoning stronger persona". It's not working together that saves the day. You are just a crazy person manipulating others into loving you to increase your own power.

That's Retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Light Gun Man posted:

no, they're my friends.

• Locked thread