Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

We regret to inform you that, due to your recent performance, you have been demoted to Space Janitor. Your company-provided Space Mop can be found in the storage area that previously contained your personal belongings.

Developed by Croteam, creators of the Serious Sam series, and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything), The Talos Principle is a first-person philosophical puzzle game. You are placed in the body of a robot, told to complete challenges for a partially-defined objective, and the resulting existentialism is part of the narrative rather than an unintended side-effect. The environments are vibrant and expansive, the music is rich and ethereal, and the levels are well-designed and rewardingly challenging. You also get to argue with the devil.

I enjoy playing devil's advocate, so it should hopefully be worth my time trying the opposite. I'm going to provide post-commentary over a blind playthrough, keeping the speculation flowing while maintaining the puzzle-solving experience. I doubt there will be much opportunity for thread interactivity, but additional speculation is greatly encouraged. Spoilers should be kept entirely to yourselves, even if the game turns into a verbatim retelling of the King James Bible part-way through the second episode.

Videos - If you experience motion sickness, I've taken steps to mitigate it by episode 3, so take it slow!
Part 1 (Hub A-1): Initialising Child Program
Part 2 (Hub A-2): Exhuming the time capsule
Part 3 (Hub A-3): Setting the time
Part 4 (Hub A-4): Crossing the streams
Part 5 (Hub A-5): Breaking the sequence
Part 6 (Floor 0): Provoking the wrath
Part 7 (Hub A-6): Enlisting the serpent
Part 8 (Floor 1): Arbitrary confinement
Part 9 (Hub A-7): Crossing the Mediterranean
Part 10 (Hub B-1): Iteration/Mutation/Evolution
Part 11 (Hub A-*): I earned these puzzles
Part 12 (Hub B-2): The most beautiful spot
Part 13 (Hub B-3): A constant whirring sound
Part 14 (Hub B-4): Teimwirk
Part 15 (Floor 2): A surge in internet activity
Part 16 (Hub B-5): All programs have a backdoor
Part 17 (Hub A-?): Religious sigilism
Part 18 (Hub B-6): Slowly and surely
Part 19 (Hub B-7): Very rarely stable
Part 20 (Hub B-?): A decade since my last jigsaw
Part 21 (Hub C-1): Pre-baked opinions
Part 21.5 (Demo): To think or to talk?
Part 22 (Floor 3 & Hub C-2): On my own giant shoulders
Part 23 (Hub B-*): Nifty nomenclature
Part 24 (Hub C-3): Play to Learn to Play to Learn to...
Part 25 (Hub C-4): The bystander's journey
Part 26 (Floor 4 & Hub C-5): Mechanical intervention
Part 27 (Hub C-6): Pressing the serpent
Part 28 (Hub C-7): We're running out of time
Part 29 (Floor 5 & beyond): Combine and conquer
Part 30 (Hub C-?): Reality, who needs it?
Part 31 (Hub C-* etc.): Hidden potential
Part 32 (Finale): Datastream of consciousness

Text files
A-1: welcome.eml; athena6.txt; figure_it_out.eml

A-2: IAN.eml; athena_analysis.html; talos_principle.txt

A-2: error.log; the_human_machine.txt; ARGH_solutions.eml

A-3: AI_feedback.eml; team_leads.eml; straton_of_stageira.wiki

A-4: progress_repl.eml; mail_error.dat; beginnings.txt

A-5: EL.html; AI_citizenship.html; athena8.txt

A: athena12.txt; HIS1A_rome.html

A-6: LOL.eml; cicero.txt; chatbots.html; a_simple_principle.html

A-6: arkady_journal77.txt; post437_comments.html; classical_philosophers.lz19; progress_rep3.eml

Floor1: TRUTH.html; athena_chapters.txt; human_reproduction.txt

A-7: athena9.txt; singularity_discussion104.html; AMA.html

B: oxyrhynchus.html; book_of_osiris.wiki

B-1: osiris1.txt; got_it_lyrics.html; immortality.html

B-1: mutation.html; capacity.eml; evolution.html

A-*: talos.eml; human_blood.txt; archive_IMPORTANT.eml; #6_N**.img

B-2: science_magic.html; weight_loss_722.html; arkady_journal81.txt

B-3: progress_rep9.eml; osiris3.txt; justwar_excerpt.txt; body_and_soul.txt; soma.eml

B-4: osiris6.txt; chatlog_charlie_7.txt; arkady_journal84.txt

Floor2: README.txt; the_web.html; mathematics.eml

B-5: osiris7.txt; coming_soon.eml; blog24_alive.html

C: questioning_doubt_conf.txt; partition.eml; him.eml

B-6: osiris11.txt; REprogress_rep16.eml; choice_of_life.txt

B-7: chatlog_9787.txt; norwegian_blue.eml; osiris21.txt

B-7: second_thesis.txt; boundary.txt; robots.txt

C: heaven.txt; hell.txt

C-1: apocryphal.doc; Sarabhai982.jrnl; hope.eml

C-1: against_survival.eml; human_evolution.txt; einstein.html

Floor3: OsirisPassword.txt; contraries.dat; athena14.txt

C-2: family.html; lastdays.eml

B-*: orangutan.html; blake_archive_793.html; usernames.eml; #6_*N*.img

C-3: post437.html; third_thesis.txt; humblebrag.html

C-4: pets.html; arkady_journal99.txt; contraries.txt

Floor4: SacredNumbers.txt; athena16.txt; remember.txt

C-5: party_on_dudes.eml; progress_rep32.eml; philosophy_of_teeth.html

C-5: transcendence.html; matter.txt; build_a_universe.txt

C-6: faith.eml; thank_you.eml; human_soul.txt

C-7: arkady_journal108.txt; invention_of_borders.html; apocrypha9.doc

B-5: hippocratic_corpus.txt; chesterton_brain.txt; bronstein_brain.txt; neuroscience.txt

C-*: human_eye.txt; tetromino.html; preservation.txt; #6_**N.img

CannibalK9 fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

We regret to inform you that, due to your recent performance, you have been demoted to Space Janitor. Your company-provided Space Mop can be found in the storage area that previously contained your personal belongings.
Reserved

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

Part 1 (Hub A-1): Initialising Child Program

welcome.eml; athena6.txt; figure_it_out.eml

**If the video causes motion sickness, I'll take steps to mitigate it by episode 3, so take it slow!**

CannibalK9 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 25, 2015

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

This game piqued my interest, but I'm a completionist and I feel I wouldn't have the mental acuity for some of the puzzles in this. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders!

Great job with the first update. You have a good sense of pacing and a great voice for narration. During slower moments, you filled out the space with interest information. I'll be curious to see how you handle things once you've gone "blind."

Apart from the obvious Greek references, the game also references the Hebrew creation myths. In Hebrew, ELOHIM is the name of God in the Garden of Eden. The word means "god" or "gods" but it also means "judges."

It's curious that ELOHIM refers to Himself in the plural, e.g. the shapes are "the sigils of our name." He could be referring to Himself in a Trinitarian sense (the Christian triune Godhead), but He could also in fact be the mouth piece to an entire council of "judges." We did feel judged, didn't we?

Also, this might be a stretch, but He could be referring to a hidden, divine name, using the shapes, similar to how God in the Hebrew Bible also has the unutterable name YHWH, the Tetragrammaton. Perhaps out of sheer coincidence, the name, when written in Hebrew script, looks oddly like a collection of Tetris shapes:

Based on ELOHIM's reactions to some of your choices, and on His stated intentions, it seems like the game will explore issues of free will and disobedience. Fitting for robots and humans alike.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I played through the game last week. And I can recommend it to anyone who likes puzzles. It's really good.
And it's actually quite doable. If you want to 100% it, some puzzles are somewhat hard though.

I hope this vague description doesn't count as a spoiler.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 25, 2015

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
I did this in one sitting and it made me sick. Don't do what I did.

Really though, the FOV and the head-bobbing on this is a good combination for motion sickness in some people. If you play this yourself, try turning the bobbing off and adjusting FOV to 90.

Also this game is absolutely outstanding, definitely one of the best games of last year.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Consider me intrigued.

I have one request, though. In that one puzzle where you got shot, you first showed off an apparently unintended solution, and then went around the corner and showed where the other jammer was. My request is simply that from now on you first show off all (accessible) elements of a puzzle before you attempt to solve them. Otherwise you could (accidentally, in a blind playthrough) solve the puzzle before I have time to realize what the puzzle is about.

I'm wondering if I should buy this.

When I looked it up on Steam, I found they released a free teaser game alongside this one called Sigils of Elohim. It has a whole bunch of those Tetris puzzles, and they get quite hard. Solving them gives you codes to unlock small extras in the main game.

The teaser game is free, so folks, give it a try if you want.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Rush_shirt posted:

This game piqued my interest, but I'm a completionist and I feel I wouldn't have the mental acuity for some of the puzzles in this. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders!

Great job with the first update. You have a good sense of pacing and a great voice for narration. During slower moments, you filled out the space with interest information. I'll be curious to see how you handle things once you've gone "blind."

Apart from the obvious Greek references, the game also references the Hebrew creation myths. In Hebrew, ELOHIM is the name of God in the Garden of Eden. The word means "god" or "gods" but it also means "judges."

It's curious that ELOHIM refers to Himself in the plural, e.g. the shapes are "the sigils of our name." He could be referring to Himself in a Trinitarian sense (the Christian triune Godhead), but He could also in fact be the mouth piece to an entire council of "judges." We did feel judged, didn't we?

Also, this might be a stretch, but He could be referring to a hidden, divine name, using the shapes, similar to how God in the Hebrew Bible also has the unutterable name YHWH, the Tetragrammaton. Perhaps out of sheer coincidence, the name, when written in Hebrew script, looks oddly like a collection of Tetris shapes:

Based on ELOHIM's reactions to some of your choices, and on His stated intentions, it seems like the game will explore issues of free will and disobedience. Fitting for robots and humans alike.

I figured either Trinitarian or the "royal we."

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Fantastic! The game looks intriguing, and I really enjoyed the teaser demo they put out. Also, K9, I was remembering your Void LP on Friday, and thinking it would be great to see another work of yours. And now this! Woo :)

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

Rush_shirt posted:

Couldn't really ask for a better first post. One thing I'm curious to see occur is a collision of creation myths, as the game seems to be cherry picking from the same source so far. I'm not a theologian, so I'll be depending on the thread a lot for some interpretations.

Air is lava! posted:

I played through the game last week. And I can recommend it to anyone who likes puzzles. It's really good.
And it's actually quite doable. If you want to 100% it, some puzzles are somewhat hard though.

I hope this vague description doesn't count as a spoiler.

Yes, the unlockable devices seem fun, if the intuitive use of inter-component interactions keeps up I'll be happy. It's not a spoiler to say that the bonus collectables are harder to obtain. Though I've recorded the second area and it's creating a trend of the stars being harder to find than to obtain, I'm hoping it tips the other way as the game goes on.

frozentreasure posted:

I did this in one sitting and it made me sick. Don't do what I did.

Really though, the FOV and the head-bobbing on this is a good combination for motion sickness in some people. If you play this yourself, try turning the bobbing off and adjusting FOV to 90.

Oh heck, hadn't considered that, are you referring to playing or watching or both? In either case I'll mess with the settings, throw in a warning and adjust for part 3 onwards.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Consider me intrigued.

I have one request, though. In that one puzzle where you got shot, you first showed off an apparently unintended solution, and then went around the corner and showed where the other jammer was. My request is simply that from now on you first show off all (accessible) elements of a puzzle before you attempt to solve them. Otherwise you could (accidentally, in a blind playthrough) solve the puzzle before I have time to realize what the puzzle is about.

That's a fair request, as the puzzles get harder I'll spend more time laying out my thought processes, starting with cataloguing all of the pieces. Though what to do if I find an entirely unintended solution I'm not sure of yet!

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Note that Elokim* is inherently a plural word in Hebrew, and definitely can refer to earthly judges as well as G-d. The royal we is certainly a thing that is allowed when referring to this perspective of G-d, but on the other hand, the Sanhedrin (Jewish supreme court) would also pass legislation using "we" in the more traditional sense. So just from the name and use of "we", so far there's no way to determine whether this is a single robot creator/grad student or an entire Council/Robotics Department at a University.

Elokim, incidentally, is not typically used when referring to G-d's mercy, and if it is, something weird/deep/mystical is being evoked. It's generally used when referring to the left side of the sephirot, with power/restraint, glory/dominance, omniscience/knowledge, etc. It's also sometimes used to refer to the universe itself, and the laws of physics. G-d as "Cosmic Mother Nature", so to speak. Either way, it's really weird seeing a self-described Elokim being quite so gentle. Loving and kind is fine, but gentle is... odd.

* Yes, I'm one of those people who doesn't write the names of G-d, and use obfuscations. In this case, replacing an h with a k. Or technically, replacing the Hei with a Kei, which is a fictional non-existent letter sometimes written as a Qof, but I've also seen it written as a weirdly mangled Hei.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Great first video. I finished the game yesterday so can now watch without restraint. This is one of those games that really provoke thinking and analyzing things.

Those gated-off places in the tutorial area are remains of puzzles from the public beta I think.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

omeg posted:

Those gated-off places in the tutorial area are remains of puzzles from the public beta I think.

Nah. You'll know the Public Beta area when you see it.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

frozentreasure posted:

Nah. You'll know the Public Beta area when you see it.

True, now that you mention it. Maybe those are just some cut things then that level designers didn't have time to completely remove.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
This was definitely one of my games of the year for '14. I never finished it, but it is absolutely brilliant in design and its philosophy doesn't feel pretentious. I was not surprised when I learned this was being written, at least in part, by the guy who wrote The Swapper and FTL, because those games are really good sci-fi.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 25, 2015

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I am playing through this right now. Pretty amazing game. My only complaints are that it's a bit TOO long (if you're expecting something as short as Portal, forget it, this is easily a 20 hour game) as well as something else I will explain once it comes up.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Holy moly, I actually beat a recent game before the first LP started. That's new to me.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Is it kosher to ask about stars? Not really a spoiler since the game taunts you with them a few maps in, but obviously we're not there yet.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

Is it kosher to ask about stars? Not really a spoiler since the game taunts you with them a few maps in, but obviously we're not there yet.

We've seen the first. I'm guessing CannibalK9 will get to the rest as he progresses in the game. So I guess we can discuss the stars we've seen already.

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

We've seen the first. I'm guessing CannibalK9 will get to the rest as he progresses in the game. So I guess we can discuss the stars we've seen already.

That's about it. Looking at the door in the temple and extrapolating (which feels safe enough in a puzzle game), every ten stars grants access to another hub world containing three grey sigils. So I'll probably have to collect everything before I can open or unlock the final area or thing, but more puzzles is prize enough in the meantime!

Creating episode 2 has been bizarre. I've seen but don't really agree with the Portal comparisons, but since I'm aware of them I can't shake them out of my head. One of the main atmospheric devices in Portal is a sense of constantly being watched and evaluated, which at least affected how I played (I did far more ridiculous things when I thought there'd be an amusing comment on them). Elohim is doing the same, but instead I feel completely alone, like he has an eternity, or that all of his comments are predetermined. The apparent openness and sparser comments helps with this, and there's also an implicit feeling of insignificance. But at the same time I'm recording myself, so where I'd normally be trying to jump on everything and running into every corner I'm now trying to make it somewhat watchable, presenting a false sense of composure (contrast it with The Void where I had no problems attempting to climb every possible surface because the geometry seemed mostly arbitrary).

Just a few thoughts... if Elohim becomes more dogmatic it might incite some rebellion.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I like to think of this game as the Android Hell that GLaDOS mentions in the original Portal.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

Yeah, I hadn't actually seen the video yet when I posted. As we see them sounds like a good idea.

Magnetic North posted:

I like to think of this game as the Android Hell that GLaDOS mentions in the original Portal.

:allears:

Consider this a thread name change request.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 27, 2015

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I heard alot of good things about this game and will be following this lp, kinda weird knowing a philosophical game like this was made by the guys who made Serious Sam.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

I heard alot of good things about this game and will be following this lp, kinda weird knowing a philosophical game like this was made by the guys who made Serious Sam.

That was seriously my first reaction. It still weirds me out a bit.

Btw, Cannibal, do you mind if I try to decode some of the "corrupted" parts of the text? For example, @ 14:20 in your video, you ask the MLA how old it is and it answers with a current date of June 27th 203f. If we assume that the year is broken and it's actually giving us the hex value of that data, and we assume that hex value represents a binary number, then the actual year is 8255. Also, it says the system has been running for [9999e] years, which if we assume is a hex value translates to 629,150 years.

So the library contains 6260 years worth of information, and has kept (some) of it for almost 630,000 years.

e: Although, if only the last 2 characters of 203f are corrupted, then it translates to 2063, which seems a more sensible number. In that case the library contains 68 years worth of info, which more sensibly fits the 47 petabytes of content (which I assume is historical/academic data/information) originally stored in the MLA.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 27, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I parsed the 9999e as 9999 exponent (something cut off). Like the Portal 2 intro: " You have slept for nine nine nine nine nine nine ... "

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe 9999e represents some sort of integer overflow.

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Btw, Cannibal, do you mind if I try to decode some of the "corrupted" parts of the text? For example, @ 14:20 in your video, you ask the MLA how old it is and it answers with a current date of June 27th 203f. If we assume that the year is broken and it's actually giving us the hex value of that data, and we assume that hex value represents a binary number, then the actual year is 8255. Also, it says the system has been running for [9999e] years, which if we assume is a hex value translates to 629,150 years.

Absolutely, as I've mentioned I prefer my secrets in plain view! It does seem that a lot is converted into hex, but just from scanning the files at the time some corrupted segments were clearly not hex values, so I'll be glad to try deciphering, even if it leads nowhere, once we're in the swing of things.

Part 2 (Hub A-2): Exhuming the time capsule

IAN.eml; athena_analysis.html; talos_principle.txt

error.log; the_human_machine.txt; ARGH_solutions.eml

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I'm pretty sure QR codes that are translated by the game do say what the game shows. And terminals usually beep after you complete all puzzles in the level.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I was able to determine that one of the pictures depicts Achilles's sacrifice of 12 Trojan prisoners at the funeral of Patroclus. Not sure about the other one.

Also, Uriel is an archangel and one of the few angels said to have been allowed to bask in the presence of The Creator. Whether or not our Uriel upholds this, we shall see.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
It would be hard to scan the QR codes from your video because your crosshairs are right in the middle of most of them. I got the one that didn't show up though, because you did in fact get a good angle. I thought in the first video you edited in the text yourself. I clued in that the game does it automatically for you this video.

I remember in 4th grade having to write a letter to my future self. I don't remember what happened to that letter, but I do remember having a very hard time thinking of anything to say other than wondering how much fun Super Mario 3 was going to be. INTJ for life, I guess.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rush_shirt posted:

I dunno. I can't see any S pieces or 4 squares there.

If motion sickness is a thing I'll have to take this in short bursts.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I stopped the first video after seeing enough to decide I want to play it myself but $40 is a bit daunting, from the bit I saw I was expecting around 20. Can someone tell me how big the game is? I may just wait for a sale.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Bruceski posted:

I stopped the first video after seeing enough to decide I want to play it myself but $40 is a bit daunting, from the bit I saw I was expecting around 20. Can someone tell me how big the game is? I may just wait for a sale.

I feel like I was blitzing through the game at a good pace and only started getting seriously stumped on the last ten puzzles or so, and I went for about 15 hours, which was just to beat the game without going out of my way looking for bonus stars. It is absolutely worth $40.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Veloxyll posted:

If motion sickness is a thing I'll have to take this in short bursts.

The OP used to mention that the motion sickness issue should be resolved in episode 3. It's still in the first update post but probably should be put back in the OP to warn new watchers.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!
Hey, CannibalK9, I have a question about the thread I wanted to ask privately but the only place i could find to contact you was youtube. I sent you a private message there, could you take a look?

Liking the thread so far, I hoped someone would do one but was worried it would be some goofy guy struggling through and ignoring the story stuff.

CannibalK9
Jun 4, 2009

Innovacious posted:

Hey, CannibalK9, I have a question about the thread I wanted to ask privately but the only place i could find to contact you was youtube. I sent you a private message there, could you take a look?

Liking the thread so far, I hoped someone would do one but was worried it would be some goofy guy struggling through and ignoring the story stuff.

Haha, I could only find my youtube messages via URL, there's been a bit of discussion over the past few years. Your message is a wonderful thing, and well timed as it first comes up in A-3. I'll have to think of a decent way of incorporating it as it's a lot to go through all at once and the first reference is fairly sparse. Thanks for letting me know, I was all set to just skim past it.

Also, motion sickness warning added to OP, cheers!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

frozentreasure posted:

I feel like I was blitzing through the game at a good pace and only started getting seriously stumped on the last ten puzzles or so, and I went for about 15 hours, which was just to beat the game without going out of my way looking for bonus stars. It is absolutely worth $40.

Yeah. I got the demo and just spent an hour or so exploring the place (I *think* I got all the stuff, but that's not a matter for this thread). I was thinking it would be something nice but short, along the lines of Swapper or other puzzle games I've seen. The price makes more sense now and I think I'm in love.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
And that's why the immediate comparison to Portal that basically every single puzzle game gets (especially first-person ones) is really stupid and problematic. Creates unfair expectations in the mind of someone hearing about it for the first time about every aspect of the game, particularly length and value. Antichamber had/has similar wariness over its $20 price tag, like anyone's wallet is going to be taking a massive hit at that price ("anyone", in this case, being people who can afford games as the luxury they are).

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Interesting, the game is 20€ in here. First time in a long time I see the Euro price much better than the US one.

Edit: seems it's so low because it's a "tier 2" price. Still weird because 95% games on Steam are priced at "tier 1" here (Poland). :respek: Croteam/Devolver I guess :v:

omeg fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

frozentreasure posted:

Antichamber had/has similar wariness over its $20 price tag, like anyone's wallet is going to be taking a massive hit at that price ("anyone", in this case, being people who can afford games as the luxury they are).

I see this sentiment a lot on the forums and it feels really disingenuous. You really can't fathom anything between "so poor buying videogames is unthinkable" and "$20 is nothing"?

• Locked thread