Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Not really

I'd argue movies are a bit better (though I prefer puppets to CGI)

TV is way the hell better now. I cannot make it through a single 80s sitcom today no matter how much I loved them as a kid aside for some rare exceptions

Video games and music definitely got worse tho

actually everything you mentioned all got better, you're just big loving baby

music got worse lmao what are you loving 80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dolphin Fetus posted:

IMO gameboy and all its latest iterations have been the only consistently good gaming platforms or w/e. There's still good stuff on the other consoles but they are fewer and far between. Gaming for me really peaked between 98-05. A big issue is that demographics have changed a lot and most kids and teenagers are use to companies whoring out dlc and churning out titles at a lesser degree of quality.

gaming peaked around the time that you played games most you say, most interesting. i guess this means that new games suck indeed

• Locked thread