Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jace Madan posted:

Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed III

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Assassin's Creed Unity

Assassin's Creed Victory

Assass 2: Electric Boogaloo

i can't believe anyone played more than the first 3 of these games, hell i really had to force myself to finish brotherhood. never has there ever been a more same-y series of games, and that's saying a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Volume posted:

I didn't own a system when the Assasin's Creed fad started and now that I do I purposley don't want to try it even used cause they can't be that good when they're being spit out so fast

the first game was cool because it was in a location and time that was of massive interest to me as a history geek. the second was a big improvement gameplay-wise over the first though i disliked the setting compared to the first. then brotherhood is just the same fuckin game as 2, it does so little differently that it could have just been an expansion pack, and everything i've read of the games after that suggests that they all have that problem.

this series is surely on its way to the same burnout that tony hawk and ______ hero experienced.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Souls series and Katamari are the only things worth playing in the last ten years or so. Maybe FTL.

^^Nito is Katamari Souls.

viva pinata mother fucker

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

serious norman posted:

why didt you stop playing :confused:

because i hate myself

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There are too many Pokémon these days. 150 was plenty enough for me!

the original 150 did not contain chandelure

in fact, overall, black and white have the best set of pokemon introduced in any generation.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

thathonkey posted:

new vegas sucked though :shrug:

this is the most incorrect thing ever posted on the internet

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RaySmuckles posted:

for me, hope for video games died with me3. when a nerdy, niche series exploded into the mainstream bioware(ea) decided rather than create a precedent for series' with integrity that will stick through to the end they rolled out me3 with the explicit intention of having anyone be able to pick up the third game in a trilogy that was supposed to be driven by character action/decision and have it be a "complete experience." it makes me sad me2 was so successful.

me3 didn't even feel like that. it just felt lazy and stupid, like a fanfiction version of mass effect.

the shittiest thing about it was how the ending was so atrocious that it took focus away from the fact that the game was poo poo in most other respects as well. SPACE NINJA, never forget

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Infidel Castro posted:

Are they the same Nintendo that has been milking the poo poo out of the same 4 franchises for the last 30 years? Because that's the only one I know.

the thing is, games within those franchises are actually really goddamn different from one another when compared with other series', and they also don't come out as often. poo poo there are more call of duty games than there are main-series mario titles yet mario is nearly 20 years older than cod.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

counterpoint: TES IV: Oblivion

was/am a loving fiend for Morrowind, enjoy Skyrim alright, but Oblivion is just boring as poo poo

god, gently caress oblivion. boring game world, boring characters, boring quests, even worse combat than morrowind, terrible main story in which you don't even end up fighting the main villain. it was an even bigger disappointment than mass effect 3.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a bone to pick posted:

people who played Elder Scrolls 4 vanilla ITT without mods don't understand how to play Elder Scrolls games.

oblivion with a thousand mods is still not even half as good as morrowind or skyrim are with no mods. and you shouldn't need to mod a game to have fun with in it to begin with.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a bone to pick posted:

idk dude dragons completely ruined skyrim for me, I had to mod them out because of how annoying they were. and people saying morrowind had a better combat system... loooolllll you have got to be making GBS threads me

Sorry dude, the combat in Morrowind is objectively better by virtue of you actually being able to hurt dudes when you hit them. Oblivion turned every single enemy into hp sponges as an overreaction to making all your swings hit. Every loving fight takes way too goddamn long, no matter your level (actually even longer the higher level you are thanks to the Worst Leveling Ever In A Videogame). In Morrowind you could actually do something about the bad combat to make it less bad as well, like using magic, or fortifying agility, or just making sure you weren't low on fatigue when you were fighting. In Oblivion there is jack and poo poo you can do to make the combat less of a slog, you are stuck with it the whole time. It's pathetic and the only people who could possibly think it was a step up from Morrowind are people too thick to build a character that didn't suck poo poo.

a messed up horse posted:

I worked around the hosed-up levelling system in Oblivion on 360 with custom classes and it wasn't terrible but all I did was play the Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild and Mage's Guild questlines. Same things I did in Skyrim, actually.

The Dark Brotherhood was the only remotely interesting thing in Oblivion, but even that fell to poo poo when you murder all your bros.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a messed up horse posted:

Did Morrowind have any kind of spellcrafting system like Oblivion did? I mean it wasn't amazing but I had some fun screwing around with that.

Yeah, Morrowind has spellcrafting as well. Thanks to how easily exploitable the game is, you can do crazy poo poo with it, like make horrifying spells of fire damage with a damage large enough in a radius large enough to wipe out entire cities.

• Locked thread