Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

opus111 posted:

Just do what I do op: download snes and game boy emulators and play some decent games. It's free, too.

I did this with my PSP and now I can have the hand held experience of mah childhood all over again.

I used to have that 'Super Gameboy' add on for SNES which let you plug gameboy games into it to play them on TV with a controller.

There are still a lot of good old games which conviently can be bought from goodoldgames.com - Though I've found that I genuinely do not like some of the games I used to play anymore, which kind of suggests that gamers put up with old games because there wasn't anything else.

Being young also helps because your imagination is good at making its own fun.

toggle posted:

Anyone remember zone 66? A fun game

Holy poo poo thanks for reminding me of one of the best games ever.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Chomp8645 posted:

I think we can settle on Morrowind combat being worse mechanically, but better in execution than Oblivion.

I felt that morrowind had better combat once you knew how it worked and how to take advantage of it. Swinging swords and stuff has never really felt fun in the later games because the third person camera and animations felt shoddy. (i.e my immersion)

• Locked thread