Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Dark Souls was good for what it attempted to accomplish yet fell short, 2 is a much better manifestation

is the the consensus? i think dark souls was much better from gameplay to setting and dark souls 2 was a rush job that failed to capture what made dark souls so great. opinions, man. multiplayer in ds2 is better though, i'll say that.

for me, hope for video games died with me3. when a nerdy, niche series exploded into the mainstream bioware(ea) decided rather than create a precedent for series' with integrity that will stick through to the end they rolled out me3 with the explicit intention of having anyone be able to pick up the third game in a trilogy that was supposed to be driven by character action/decision and have it be a "complete experience." it makes me sad me2 was so successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

me3 didn't even feel like that. it just felt lazy and stupid, like a fanfiction version of mass effect.

felt like that to me… also the developers explicitly stated that their intention was to not alienate first time players, and offer a complete experience for new players.

those are words i remember reading from an article i'm too lazy to look up.

also i don't remember it giving me the option to be like, hey the genophage is great! lets not modify/change/or feel bad about it! krogan are crazy!

• Locked thread