Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dethkon posted:

I've invented a new movement a year or two ago. It's called "cyber-communism" or possibly "techno-communism" (cooler sounding). I'm still working on figuring out what it is, though.

thats ok but i call cyber communism tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
what do people think about worker owned cooperatives? in times of declining union membership and even a deep, if unreasonable, resentment and distrust of unions, some other form of worker organization seems necessary, imo. i think worker owned businesses might be able to fill that gap, particularly if some kind of mechanism for helping them get started could be created

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Dave Concepcion posted:

hmmm if we can also get rid of that gay reverence for islam that seems to be all the rage these days I think we might be on to something

done.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Butt Wizard posted:

is there a successful worker owned cooperative that's able to compete without fortress tariffs or provide goods for export without massive subsidies?

this is a question i'm totally unequipped to answer. im more familiar with the theory of their organization than i am with their real world success

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dethkon posted:

It's my understanding that communism isn't against personal property at all, it's only against private property (land and factories and poo poo). I'm not an expert on it though.

personal property is property owned by an individual and is okay. private property is personal property that is being used to extract value from others' labor and is bad.

ex: own a sewing machine that you use? fine!
own a sewing machine and pay somebody $5 to produce $20 worth of goods? bad!

• Locked thread