Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i took out loans, loans i will never pay back

lol, your credit is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

i probably cant buy a house but for the past 6 years ive been renting apartments and bought a new car without issue. the reason for that is that so many people are in the same situation and dont or wont pay back their student loans. esp. after 2008 poor credit isnt weird. if people didnt rent or loan out to people who didnt pay their student loans, the #1 debt in in the nation, they wouldnt be doing business with anyone at all

bro, I was in uni back then. not every person who graduated in that period is a broke foreverpoor. accepting responsibility is the first step.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Tsinava posted:

How much did you pay for your degree and what job did you get out of college?

rode in on a scholarship to a catholic uni after doing 2 years at a CC. only took out a 6K loan that i've already paid off. got a bs. working on figuring out what I want to do post-grad. running a business and racking up clinic hours on the side since i'm still strongly considering med school or doing something else in med.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

bourgie, eh?

nope. family is barely lower middle class.

Tsinava posted:

you should go to med school. :)

keep wavering because of how poo poo the system is in the USA for doctors. well that, and most med students are horrible privileged 3rd world types (think upper caste brahmin indians like khans, and wealthy 1st gen chinese) who only care about doing surgery or some other super specialized residency for the $$$$$$$ and the prestige it'll bring their family. tbh, the only normal residents i've encountered have all been internal med, pediatrics, and psych.

there's a decent chance i'll just say gently caress it and do medicinal chemistry.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

Ah.... kulaks, then

lmbo. dekulakization was probably one of the worst stalinist policies. not too unlike what mugabe did much later in zimbabwe.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Identity politics are counter-revolutionary.

iawtp

• Locked thread