Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

There was actually a big "Cybernetics" movement in the mid soviet union. When the first computers came around the sort of "engineering elite" bureaucrats of the soviet union envisioned a system where most all the day to day work of the government would be turned over and math and computers. Everything would be perfectly measured and processed.

http://www.df.lu.lv/fileadmin/user_upload/lu_portal/projekti/df/Vesture/p566-feigenbaum_par_Arinu.pdf

As opposed to modern capitalists, who believe exactly the same line except instead of the end goal being the mutual benefit of all workers, it's the maximization of profit. The main problem was that the capitalist societies adopted the innovations of IBM and Xerox faster than the Soviets could develop their own systems. It's hard to name a single thing other than my own ejaculate that isn't measured and processed by computers before I touch it.

What happened to all the companies that couldn't adapt to new innovations in computers? Oh that's right they don't exist anymore, and the ones that have have taken over literally everything.

Rodnik fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003

5-HT posted:

bro, I was in uni back then. not every person who graduated in that period is a broke foreverpoor. accepting responsibility is the first step.

Good for you, but you are one of the lucky ones.

• Locked thread