Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm about to get wtfpwned by a blizzard tomorrow night so let's get some comfy games in this ma. Some of my fondest gaming memories happened on snow days. Games like Dark Cloud 2 and Tiberian Sun top my list. Probably the biggest snowfeels games for me right there. I remember drinking hot cocoa and gaming on those titles til the plows came home. :coffee:

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hmm I spend all my time gaming as it is so I don't really got a different thing I do when a Blizzard strikes. I guess, when I lived in Maine, are trailer park was in serious danger during the Great Ice Storm of uhhh 97 or 98 I believe, we had to go live in where my dad worked at the trailer park sales place and we LANed up all the computers in there and played Dark Reign and Warcraft 2 a lot.

sigs
May 29, 2013

Shiver City

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
nice avatar!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

On these days I like to just mess around and slowly build up stuff. Games like Harvest Moon, Anno 1404, Minecraft, Alpha Centauri are very good games for snowdays. Driving around rainy Hong Kong in Sleeping Dogs is also amazing, as is exploring Vvardenfell in Morrowind. Listening to a nice podcast or some mellow tunes while drinking a hot beverage and playing these games is the best.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress I don't wanna work tomorrow I just wanna play these games!!!

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

potato soup tastes extra good when you're snowed in, so be sure to have that when you're gaming.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

potato soup tastes extra good when you're snowed in, so be sure to have that when you're gaming.

does it have carrots

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

does it have carrots

it can

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*pukes in a bag*

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
carrots own

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Updated the OP with image of Charlie Brown watching snow falling from his window.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
good av for SMT spring

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Blizzard '98. Little kazvall is told early in the morning: NO SCHOOL TODAY! Cries of joy can be heard. Legend of Legaia, already in the psx, is turned on and beaten.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm going to play some windwaker HD tomorrow through the snowstorm

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The REmake is spooky... but also very comfy. In this part of the house the wind is very noisy and it's nice to hear it raging outside while you're playing a spooky game.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This sounds like The Best Thing.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I'm all stocked up on hot chocolate, mini marshmallows, and games for the snowstorm tomorrow night. :cheers:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yeah.. that's the good poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i live in miami, and will actually be going to the beach tomorrow lmao

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i just got back from florida and couldn't be happier to be buried in snow this week. gonna play some Super Mario Galaxy 2 for sure.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
The first time we played through mgs was on a snow day. It was a good choice.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Play some Kirby's Epic Yarn

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

play the first Jak and Daxter i played that when i was a kid during a blizzard. i think platformers make good blizzard gaming

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Got Chrono Trigger for Xmas during my first winter break home from college, and it was super-snowy that year.

2 feet of snow + no school stress + Chrono Trigger =

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

rise of nations

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

living in california, the whole winter is prime time for comfy gaming

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mIfa_c-TCY

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was expecting a bagel, not the word bagel

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
During the last blizzard we had up here a couple months back I curled a blanket around me and played Wind Waker HD while drinking some medium roast coffee- very comforting.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

These last few winters have been unusually warm and I don't like it.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
This winter is really fuckin bipolar

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
supposed to have a blizzard tonight, gonna play some mgs3 tomorrow

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Updated the OP with image of Charlie Brown watching snow falling from his window.

Ty

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

good idea I need to finish that game anyway

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there aren't snowstorms here or anything but i really like when a huge storm hits or a hurricane under a cat3 hits because i can get comfortable somewhere and enjoy the noise

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i only saw snow once in my life when i travelled to chile. good bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

my kinda feels, in about 6 months

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i only saw snow once in my life when i travelled to chile. good bye

you should come here more

and the last time ive saw snow was a year ago, in NY