Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not a very good drinker. I'm predisposed to alcoholism but such a lightweight it takes two beers to catch a buzz and not much more to spew(my favorite part of heavy drinking) or brown/black out. I stay away from spirits because they make me unpredictable. someone who isn't(?) me puked in a urinal at my sibling's wedding while i was brownout drunk.

:synpa:
Smoke Weed erryday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

mookface posted:

Listen to what this nan says he was wise
http://youtu.be/FNgmYlGcOrU
I agree completely with him. Unfortunately, and with all due respect, I drank harder than him, so I'm more informed on the matter of what it takes to keep drinking once you've reached a certain point.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Alcoholism is funny that way

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Bishop posted:

Alcoholism will ruin your life and make everyone you know and love hate you, about ten years before it kills you in a miserable way. But those people are choosing this because they did the math and catching a buzz is more important than being a miserable failure then dying . There I solved addiction

rofl hes at the point that he is experiencing delirium and seizures he is way past the point where its made everyone hate him

even his girlfriend is just pretending he isnt have seizures and staying quiet about it in the hope he might accidentally end up offing himself and free her of his burden

e: vvv no joke im glad im cool and good and not pathetic at all

Cursed Lumberjack fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jan 26, 2015

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
goons lives are depressing and sad

spanglish dickluv
Jan 27, 2015

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

Baba Ganoush posted:

This latest one I was living in a reality in which the world was governed by 3 alien races overseen by a group called the Watchers. Who had some sort of spiritual role or something. So every 100-1000 years one of these three groups arrive at earth to deliberate the affairs of mankind.

This sounds bizarrely similar to what a schizophrenic man once told me. He claimed I was a Watcher sent to judge mankind on behalf of an alien coalition and that upon my death I would have to determine the fate of mankind.

Another schizophrenic claimed I was literally God and that when I sleep my eyes shine with radiant white light, so I'm not sure which of them to believe.

Baba Ganoush posted:

I also saw groups of identical looking people starring at me on the train which must have been robots trying to model the appearance of humans with a form of plastic.

I once had this experience while 100% sober and not in any kind of withdrawal. I looked up from reading a book to see half a train carriage of people smiling at me with a sort of expectant air. As usual in my life I did nothing and disappointed everyone.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

rofl hes at the point that he is experiencing delirium and seizures he is way past the point where its made everyone hate him
i don't think you get addiction . I've seen people that have gone from high powered white collar professionals to sacks of poo poo everyone hates. You can literally say " you are going to die" and that person will drink/inject/swallow whatever until they really die. Even people who have everything to live for.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
It's a very difficult thing. It's a compulsive disorder of some sort but there are lots of factors that play into it. addicts scoff when another addict relapses even though most of them fail despite getting treatment.

Bishop fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 27, 2015

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

psyopmonkey posted:

I used to drink a bottle of Russian Standard just about every night.

One night I took an Ambien.

I remember shadows moving around and I woke up sleeping on the floor.

Booze and Drugs are bad.

Last time I did Ambien and booze, I gave a tour of my girlfriends vagina to the tiny people riding cave-style tour boats in my fist. or her rear end. Or both. She was pretty loving sore, and never gave me her Ambien again.

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ganthony posted:

Last time I did Ambien and booze, I gave a tour of my girlfriends vagina to the tiny people riding cave-style tour boats in my fist. or her rear end. Or both. She was pretty loving sore, and never gave me her Ambien again.

It's hosed up what happened to your Girlfriend's Vagina, and I'm glad you're reconsidering your habits. Be safe out there.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
For some reason ambien gives me night terrors. They're not fun and I wish I could enjoy it :(

W424
Oct 21, 2010
I rarely get delerium but occasionally nights are spend with bizarre mental puzzles, breathing in and out of reality, shadow people etc. Alcohol is absolute loving garbage, boring lovely drug. I might have a slight bias as my dad drank himself to death.

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a messed up horse posted:

i watched a documentary by some British guy who was interviewing alcoholics to find out wtf is wrong with them and as the movie went on he got more and more frustrated with them and eventually tried to stop them himself but they all insisted on drinking themselves into a horrible screaming grave

very uplifiting

anyone know what this is called? legit interested in watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

I really think one of the smartest decisions ive made in my entire life was to start drinking (a lot) less and smoking more weed

• Locked thread