Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Club Nintendo was Nintendo's loyalty program. Inside of every first party Nintendo game made since 2002 and some third party games since 2010-ish, there's been a little slip of paper with a 16 digit code to register online with Club Nintendo for Club Nintendo Coins/Stars/whatever. In the beginning (at least in the US) there were really poo poo rewards, like a 3 month subscription to Nintendo Power or an avatar change on the Nintendo forums, but in 2009 they completely overhauled the system to include physical rewards like decks of Nintendo-themed playing cards, game cases, T-shirts, download codes for digital downloads, etc. Sometimes there are special deals where registering certain games gives you special rewards which were really cool, free video games, $25 of free credit in the Wii U/3DS store, stuff like that. The current special deal is for the Mewtwo DLC download code.

Elite Status
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015.

Club Nintendo is closing, they're starting a new program eventually, more details later. Click the image above for the full press release.

quote:

All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015.
  • 1/20/2015: Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

• 3/31/2015: Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

• 6/30/2015: Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

As far as anyone's aware, this will be the only opportunity to get Mewtwo for Smash Bros. 3DS + Wii U.

How to get coins
Please note that what I'm about to talk about only applies to North America Club Nintendo. If you're from Europe or Japan, you can only use these techniques if you make a North American Club Nintendo account.

:siren: Digital download codes only work with North American 3DSs/Wii Us. Physical rewards can only be shipped to addresses in the United States/Canada. :siren:

There are multiple ways to get coins on Club Nintendo. You get the most coins by registering qualifying Nintendo game systems.

To register one, you simply need to type out the serial number located on the bottom of the system. 3DS XLs are a little different and require the serial number along with another code which is inside the box when you buy one new. You still get the extended warranty if you register the 3DS's serial number, but to get the coins you need the paper insert with the code.

You can also get between 5 and 60 coins by registering specific titles for the DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U. Every game is different and it's not possible to include them all. A list of all eligible titles can be found here. To register these games, you need to type out the 14 digit code found on a piece of paper inside the game case. For games made after Smash Bros. 3DS, the code is located on the reverse of the cover art.

----------

            :siren:                    :siren:                    :siren:
:ssh::siren: SECRET, ADVANCED COIN STEALING TECHNIQUES :siren::ssh:
            :siren:                    :siren:                    :siren:

USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION SOME OF THESE TECHNIQUES WILL GET YOU BANNED.

:siren:Technique #0: ダイアー ストレイツ · Daiā Sutoreitsu
「MONEY FOR NOTHING, KICKS FOR FREE」
Risk Level: None
beg for codes like a little btich lmao fukicin noob

:siren:Technique #1: GameStop no Jitsu
~Art of GameStop~
Risk Level: Low
Go to GameStop (or wherever else you can buy used video games) and look through the used game sections. Most people do not take advantage of Club Nintendo codes and leave perfectly good, unused codes in the game cases, just take them my man, they are free.

:siren:Technique #2: Family Accounts
Risk Level: Low-Medium
Say I have a code for Pokemon X that goes something like XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX and register it, then find another Pokemon X code that goes like YYY-YYYY-YYYY-YYY. If the Y code is still valid and unused, attempting to register the Y code on the same account I registered the X code will send me to the same page you're sent to if you tried to register a previously used code, only there won't be an error message (if the Y code is not valid it will send me to the error page.) To get around this and register multiple codes from the same game, simply make yourself a Family Account. To do this, click on Accounts & Coins, located beside your coin count. On the right side of the page, you'll see a little box labelled FAMILY ACCOUNT DETAILS. Inside this box will be an element labelled Family Members with a little Add+ right next to it. Click on the Add+ and go through the steps that appear. Family accounts pool coins and all work toward the same Elite Status. If you want multiple Platinum Rewards, you need to make another non-Family Account accounts. YOU NEED TO MAKE ONE ACCOUNT PER EXTRA CODE. If you have three Pokemon X codes, you need to make two Family Account (One code for your main account, one code for each Family Account.)

PROTIP FOR GMAIL USERS: Did you know that Gmail doesn't parse periods in the username section of your address? johndoe@gmail.com can also be written john.doe@gmail.com, jo.hn.doe@gmail.com, j.o.h.n.d.o.e@gmail.com, or whatever and any email sent to them will be sent to johndoe@gmail.com. You can create dozens of accounts with just one email address. Nice!

Technique #3: The Wii mini
Risk Level: Medium-High
The Wii mini has a pathetically easy to guess serial number system. All Wii mini serial numbers start with either WH100 or WH2001 and end with five random numbers. Find yourself a random number generator and go to town. To minimize risk, only register one Wii mini per account, don't get greedy.

This exploit was patched February 25, 2015

:siren:Technique #4: Sister Codes
Risk Level: High
Say you found a code for Smash Bros. Wii U at GameStop and you tried to register it but it was already used. Don't throw it away! You can use your previously worthless code and get a valid code for the same game by finding its sister code. To find a sister code of any normal code, simply swap the last digit with its sister digit. Sister digits are as follows:
  • A=B
  • C=D
  • E=F
  • G=H
  • J=2
  • K=L
  • M=N
  • P=Q
  • R=S
  • T=U
  • V=W
  • X=Y
  • Z=9
  • 7=8
  • 6=5
  • 4=3
:siren:DO NOT REGISTER A SISTER CODE ON A FAMILY ACCOUNT IF YOU'VE ALREADY REGISTERED THE ORIGINAL CODE ON YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT. THIS IS A HIGH-RISK MANEUVER.:siren:

----------

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Current Rewards

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 2, 2015

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I once registered Fortune Street by grabbing the code from an image in an online auction.

Another technique for boosting yer coins as needed here in the endtimes:

There are a handful of cheap games (2 or 3 dollars) on the 3DS eShop, including DSi Ware games, that will give you 10 coins for completing a post-play survey. Very good if you can find a few things that look interesting enough for the price and just need a little boost to reach one of the Elite status levels.

Also of note: Grill Off with Ultra Hand got prettymiddling to bad reviews, but is a Club Nintendo exclusive (at least unless you hack your Wii and :filez:)

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You guys want some codes?

Mario Kart 7
BJ5JVQYXYVYAL9

FE:A
453WVSXD8LNDJ8

madeupfred fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 28, 2015

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a list of every free game on the Wii U and 3DS eShops that give you coins.

3DS:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Steel Diver Subwars: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Pokemon Bank: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Jet Rocket II Demo: 10 Coins + 0 for Post Play Survey

Wii U:
Zen Pinball 2: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Lucadian Chronicles: 0 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey

All-in-all, these free games will net you 80 coins.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Pretty sure Nintendo tweeted that Mewtwo would be purchasable DLC. It might be a timed exclusive.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A whole bunch of rewards have been added to the catalog. I am working on screenshots at the moment. There are a shitload of games.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
CURRENT GAME REWARDS (THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES :supaburn:)
Physical Releases marked in bold

For Wii U
    200 Coins

• Yoshi's Island
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Golden Sun
  • F-ZERO
  • F-ZERO: Maximum Velocity
  • Ice Climber
  • Volley Ball
  • Tennis
  • Pinball
  • NES Open Tournament Golf
  • Ice Hockey
  • Golf
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Baseball
  • Wario's Woods
  • Urban Champion
  • Dr. Mario
  • Donkey Kong 3
  • Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Yoshi
  • Balloon Fight
  • Kid Icarus
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Pilotwings
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (A.K.A. Doki-Doki Panic in Japan)
  • Excitebike
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Mario World
  • Punch-Out!!

250 Coins

• Earthbound

300 Coins

• Dr. Luigi
  • NES Remix

600 Coins

• The Wonderful 101
  • Wii Fit U
  • Game & Wario

850 Coins

• Wii Party U

For Wii
    200 Coins

• Clu Clu Land
  • Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels
  • Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
  • NES Play Action Football
  • Art Style: CUBELLO

250 Coins

• Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
  • Mario Golf
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Star Fox 64
  • F-ZERO X
  • Super Mario 64
  • Super Metroid
  • Paper Mario
  • Mario Kart 64
  • 1080* Snowboarding
  • ThruSpace
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Pilotwings
  • Super Smash Bros.
  • Mario Tennis
  • Eco Shooter: Plant 530
  • Snowpack Park
  • Excitebike: World Rally
  • Mario Party 2
  • Super Mario Kart
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  • Fluidity

For 3DS
    150 Coins

• 3D Classics: TwinBee- 150
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins- 150
  • Super Mario Land- 150
  • Kersploosh!- 150
  • Baseball- 150
  • Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters- 150
  • Metroid II: Return of Samus- 150
  • Tennis- 150
  • Golf- 150
  • Donkey Kong- 150
  • Mario's Picross- 150
  • Radar Mission- 150

200 Coins

• 3D Classics: Xevious
  • Ketzal's Corridors (it's currently misspelled as Cooridors if for some reason you're ctrl+F'ing the rewards page)
  • Sparkle Snapshots 3D
  • Looksley's Line Up
  • Wario Land II
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Mario Golf
  • Donkey Kong 3
  • Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
  • A Kappa's Trail
  • Tokyo Crash Mobs
  • Brain Age Express: Math
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • 3D Classics: Kid Icarus
  • 3D Classics: Excitebike
  • Brain Age Express: Sudoku
  • 3D Classics: Urban Champion
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

250 Coins

• Chibi-Robo!: Photo Finder
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move
  • Dillon's Rolling Western

300 Coins

• HarmoKnight
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle

600 Coins

• Crosswords Plus
  • Brain Age: Concentration Training
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

700 Coins

• Star Fox 64 3D
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
CURRENT PHYSICAL REWARDS
Brand-new rewards marked in bold

Grill-Off with Ultra Hand!- 80 Coins
Mario & Luigi Greeting Cards- 300 Coins
Nintendogs Greeting Cards- 300 Coins
Nintendo 3DS Game Card Case: 2015 Edition- 400 Coins
2016 Desktop Calendar- 400 Coins
Animal Crossing Mini Playing Cards (previously available on Club Nintendo Japan)- 600 Coins

3DS XL Pouch: The Legend of Zelda- 600 Coins
Super Smash Bros. 3-Poster Set v2- 700 Coins
Retro Mario T-Shirt- 700 Coins

Limited Edition 2013 Platinum Poster Set- 700 Coins
Super Smash Bros. 3-Poster Set- 700 Coins
Fierce Deity Link Jigsaw Puzzle- 800 Coins
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Messenger Bag- 800 Coins

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh my God

I need that jigsaw puzzle

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
That messenger bag looks snazzy and I don't even like gaming memorabilia for the most part.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Harmoknight without spending 15 bucks, I am happy. Don't think I'm gonna try any of these tricks though, sounds a bit risky.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

madeupfred posted:

Here's a list of every free game on the Wii U and 3DS eShops that give you coins.

3DS:
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Steel Diver Subwars: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Pokemon Bank: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Jet Rocket II Demo: 10 Coins + 0 for Post Play Survey

Wii U:
Zen Pinball 2: 5 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey
Lucadian Chronicles: 0 coins + 10 for Post Play Survey

All-in-all, these free games will net you 80 coins.

I remember reading that Jet Rocket doesn't do anything, though may as well ask on how this works. Do I just download them and the stuff shows up?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I remember reading that Jet Rocket doesn't do anything, though may as well ask on how this works. Do I just download them and the stuff shows up?

You need to make sure that your 3DS and Wii U are connected to your Club Nintendo account first, that's a step a lot of people forget. After that, all you need to do is download the game and play it for an hour for it to register. The game registration survey comes in less than a day, and the post-play survey comes exactly one week after the registration survey.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sure would love to get some of these free games. Would be nice if the site wasn't down.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is the New 3DS going to be worth any play coins?

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Countblanc posted:

Is the New 3DS going to be worth any play coins?

Unfortunately not, but it might be worth something on the new rewards program.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The golden nunchuk will never return :(

Guess I can finally kill myself now

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Couldn't get logged in on Chrome but managed it in Firefox. Turns out they don't know how many coins I have so I can't buy anything anyway. :(

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I'm so bummed out about this because I used my coins to get the zelda game case right before they announced they were shutting it down. The case is nice, sure, but I'd rather be playing Harmoknight than easily accessing games I never play. Such is Nintendo. :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

DaveKap posted:

Couldn't get logged in on Chrome but managed it in Firefox. Turns out they don't know how many coins I have so I can't buy anything anyway. :(

Yeah my coins seem to have disappeared so I guess rip getting a bunch of free games I could just emulate!!!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Yeah my coins seem to have disappeared so I guess rip getting a bunch of free games I could just emulate!!!
I'm gettin that jigsaw dammit.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Has Club Nintendo worked for anyone at all today? Is it getting DDOSed or something?

edit: Huh, it's more expensive to get Wii VC games than Wii U. Super Punch Out is 250 on Wii and 200 on Wii U. Suck it, poors!

gay skull fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 5, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

gay skull posted:

Has Club Nintendo worked for anyone at all today? Is it getting DDOSed or something?

edit: Huh, it's more expensive to get Wii VC games than Wii U. Super Punch Out is 250 on Wii and 200 on Wii U. Suck it, poors!

I haven't gotten it to work at all since the announcement. It's just getting overloaded with everyone trying to use it. People definitely have gotten in today to spend their coins. A couple of people have been complaining about the eShop as well, after they redeem their codes the downloads all are failing due to load.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So uh, why's CN getting shut down anyways?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anatharon posted:

So uh, why's CN getting shut down anyways?

The way they worded it, it sounds like they might be doing a different rewards program in the future. If that's not the case, nobody really knows.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

There making something better/ more fitting for a rewards program.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

There making something better/ more fitting for a rewards program.

Nintendo's working on a better survey system because according to them, one out of every five Club Nintendo codes are registered by a person who either bought the game second hand or stole the code from GameStop.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Wii mini exploit has been patched by making it impossible to register Wii minis. http://www.gonintendo.com/s/248013-wii-mini-can-no-longer-be-registered-on-club-nintendo

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Haha, well that sucks. They could have just limited it to one per family, but then again, Nintendo.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

gay skull posted:

Haha, well that sucks. They could have just limited it to one per family, but then again, Nintendo.

they did

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Club Nintendo apparently sent me my Smash CD

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Squallege posted:

Club Nintendo apparently sent me my Smash CD

Does that mean you have it, or just that it's in the mail?

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!
So, I just made Platinum thanks to the efforts of a kindly Gamestop employee who pointed me to the Club Nintendo codes that were still in their packaging on the Wii Fit. I got 3, and already cashed one in. I'm hoping to pass these on to 2 other goons who might be in need of some last minute coins.

Bear in mind I haven't tried to register the 2 remaining codes, so I apologize if it was already used. It wasn't by me. Any takers?

Also, Super Mario 3D Land or Donkey Kong 3DS? I think these are the most desirable 600 coin reward for me. Any opinions?

:doclouis:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

blackjack posted:

So, I just made Platinum thanks to the efforts of a kindly Gamestop employee who pointed me to the Club Nintendo codes that were still in their packaging on the Wii Fit. I got 3, and already cashed one in. I'm hoping to pass these on to 2 other goons who might be in need of some last minute coins.

Bear in mind I haven't tried to register the 2 remaining codes, so I apologize if it was already used. It wasn't by me. Any takers?

Also, Super Mario 3D Land or Donkey Kong 3DS? I think these are the most desirable 600 coin reward for me. Any opinions?

:doclouis:

I'll take one

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I'd love one if you have one left.

blackjack
May 22, 2004

Sankis posted:

I'd love one if you have one left.

Codes sent, fingers crossed. :)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It worked, thank you

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Thanks, but I think I must have registered WiiFit in the past (My sister had one, I probably took her code) as it didn't work but there was no invalid error code (and no coins gained). Feel free to give it to someone else to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackjack
May 22, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

It worked, thank you

You're welcome, African AIDS cum. :)

Sankis posted:

Thanks, but I think I must have registered WiiFit in the past (My sister had one, I probably took her code) as it didn't work but there was no invalid error code (and no coins gained). Feel free to give it to someone else to try.

No worries. If someone else wants to try, I guess 1 is still potentially available?

• Locked thread