Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

voted 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i, personally, disagree

i take the green and black computer forum very seriously and when i see some joker show up and post some silly thread that distracts me from one of the 300 page megathreads i start screeching and hooting like the bad monkey from that planet of the apes movie (the one with james franco)

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
most of those are funnier in a single phrase than any of the megathreads are

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Megathreads are for unfunny losers :chord:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
gassing the threads prevents further replies and makes sure they don't devolve into megathreads thus protecting their purity

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

jony ive aces posted:

gassing the threads prevents further replies and makes sure they don't devolve into megathreads thus protecting their purity

god's work

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i like to think the op's of those threads are committed to making yospos a haven of quality posting so they would close their threads as soon as they have more than 2 pages of unfunny losers posting

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
or any valeyard posts ha ha ha he's so bad

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
megathreads make me angry for some reason

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
^^^^^ behold how i summon the worst posters by typing their lord's name ^^^^^^

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

megathreads keep the worst posting from spilling out into the rest of the forum

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

megathreads keep the worst posting from spilling out into the rest of the forum

it didn't seem to work this time!

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
there is no reason at all for yospos to have a cats thread. cats arent funy computer and the kind of mental illness in the cat thread is a different one than whichever one most pos regulars suffer from

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

newreply.php posted:

there is no reason at all for yospos to have a cats thread. cats arent funy computer and the kind of mental illness in the cat thread is a different one than whichever one most pos regulars suffer from

the overlap of cat thread posters and other yospos thread posters is very low, half the people there don't post anywhere else

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

newreply.php posted:

actually

quote:

Autism spectrum disorders may be due to cerebral toxoplasmosis associated with chronic neuroinflammation causing persistent hypercytokinemia that resulted in an increased lipid peroxidation, oxidative stress, and depressed metabolism of endogenous and exogenous substances ☆

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
move the cat thread to pet island tia

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

newreply.php posted:

^^^^^ behold how i summon the worst posters by typing their lord's name ^^^^^^

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

but i don't see any skylark threads?!?!?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Jerry Cotton posted:

but i don't see any skylark threads?!?!?

rip

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Demod OSI bean dip and replace them with angry moo cow

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

black man 3 posted:

Why do you hate AMC??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

black man 3 posted:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

black man 3 posted:

you seem mad

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

black man 3 posted:

hellban OSI bean dip and replace them with angry moo cow as sa's first paid fulltime mod

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why do you hate AMC??

He would be a legitimately better ik

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
That being said, that compliment is so unbelievably feeble that I should probably clarify to moo cow that I'm not trying to insult him

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

newreply.php posted:

Please don't turn into one of the angry forums politics guys. Just continue making the funnie posts.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

newreply.php posted:

or any valeyard posts ha ha ha he's so bad

if i thought opsting in your threads would make you close them id write a script for it

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
every thread is special

every thread in his or her own way

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you have a cheek to call anyone else bad though, newreply. it doesnt matter how many balls you lick the funny posters arent going to take you in lol

and yes i also have a cheek to talk about rear end kissing

suck

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i almost exclusively post in one page threads op because i am unable to have coherent, intelligent discussions about anything

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

black man 3 posted:

this, or maybe smythe

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

OSI bean dip posted:

you seem mad

":troll:" - u

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

To bE fair they're both mad, but being mad is bm3'S gimmick while OSI bean dip went from normal poster to embarrassingly cringeY mad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how is this thread which is critical of osi bean dip not gassed yet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

angry black man 3

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so what's up with fyad anyway? every once in a while they get bored and show up here all a whoopin' and a hollerin' for a week or two, just posting in every thread in sight

then they disappear for a month or so with just a couple of the regulars buzzing around dropping the lols into random threads

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I think you pretty much described it

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
See also: chaos reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its seasonal, like a mostly funy flu