Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

PRE GAME FOR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY.

post the best ads you got since u all adblock and have virgin eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1jwWwJ-Mxc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cool

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gently caress I love adverts

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pity bump, btw :pram:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
time to celebrate the insane capitalist excess of the superbowl with every consumer's favourite past time: ad consumption!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
q: how many billions of dollars can we blown on a game of hand-egg?

a: more than ever before!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dumb tech blog the verge bought a superbowl ad

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

qirex posted:

dumb tech blog the verge bought a superbowl ad

doesnt count its a local spot

UPDATE: After this article was published, Vox supplied additional detail. Jonathan Hunt, VP-marketing at Vox Media, said its "Super Bowl commercial" will air in one market: Helena, Montana, a town of 30,000 people. It cost Vox $700, he added. That's a far cry from the $4.5 million companies are spending on average to buy a Super Bowl ad this year that runs nationwide. "We chose Helena because it's $700," he said. "It's a nice, thrifty experiment." Vox created the 30-second spot internally, he added. The ad will also run next Sunday on TheVerge.com and YouTube.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

time to celebrate the insane capitalist excess of the superbowl with every consumer's favourite past time: ad consumption!

:coolfish:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ground floor I guess

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so why did they make that awful overproduced video?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

qirex posted:

so why did they make that awful overproduced video?

lol if you think 2d planer tracking and graphic design counts for overproduced.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

son you havn't even seen overproduced untill you have a million dollar spot shot on anamorphic optics with an AAA actor, and a digital character brought back from the dead (bonus points as you have to pay SAG rates + the VFX people to re-create the performance)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

with a 0:30 musical score by HANS ZIMMER

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

And the most expensive Super Bowl commercial of all time is:

1. Chrysler: Imported From Detroit – Cost: $12.4 million

Year: 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cghMSq5FUZ8

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/technology/nbc-sets-streaming-showcase-super-bowl-tv-ads/137299

quote:

NBC Sports Digital’s free live stream of Super Bowl XLIX between the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots will carry a separate ad load than its TV-centric counterpart, but consumers who take the OTT route on Super Bowl Sunday won’t miss any of the spots.

Ahead of the matchup on Sunday, Feb. 1, NBC Sports Digital has launched a Super Bowl NBC Sports Tumblr page that will showcase the big game’s TV ads immediately after they air on NBC.

will people wathcing the stream be confused the ads are dynamic and not the same as their neighbors??

edit: youve come a long way comcast

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that stream is going to bonk so badly

I watch soccer games using their app and those sometimes chug and I'd be surprised if 5000 people were watching

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93KTpF9JDWo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I loved this spot. It hit right at home reminding me of all the times I was either hungry, waiting for the bus, caught in the rain, or in a rush and needed a place to eat or shelter and McDonald's was there. Completely indiscriminate of the neighborhood, always where you need it. It made me connect with my true relationship with McDonald's which is beyond what I thought a commercial could do. brilliant.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

akamai still cant handle peak traffic

world cup was also a problem for them

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

look at how thoughtful this fast food company is now i will feel better when i eat there.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

pagancow posted:

look at how thoughtful this fast food company is now i will feel better when i eat there.

lol no now imagine i just went into a 30 post rant about how this isn't broadcast quality material

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I love ads. RIP adcritic.com

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

And the most expensive Super Bowl commercial of all time is:

1. Chrysler: Imported From Detroit – Cost: $12.4 million

Year: 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cghMSq5FUZ8

i'm the ad that plays before allowing me to watch the ad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm the ad for a car that fuckin sucks

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

i'm the ad that plays before allowing me to watch the ad

im so proud you uninstalled adblock

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm the ad for a car that fuckin sucks

yeah but look on the bright side, you get to be very expensive.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

man americans are loving nuts for god

is you're entire nation just a bunch of fundy biblethumpers?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

im so proud you uninstalled adblock

i've never installed adblock

i just close content that has ads, because i don't care enough to see it if it requires i be subjected to advertising

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

in going to buy so many overpriced American cars now thanks superball

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i was mouth open after seeing the katie couric spot just thinking "i can't believe her agent let her be put in that position of appearing out of touch"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

not watching this years three hour advertisefest championship with some sportsball thrown in because i loving hate ads and idc about footmans

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

btw ublock is a great adblock on firefox. check it out

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

watching football with tivo is awesome

also puppy bowl

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

WAAA i hate the thing that allows me to enjoy this entertainment for free instead of being asked to pay $20 for it!!!!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

waaa its so terrible they show me these things that i might buy!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

watching football with tivo is awesome

no goddammit! if you do that they'll stop making the superballs

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i hate knowing about things that companies make because it gets in the way of the sportsmen hitting sportsball around the field

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

waaa its so terrible they show me these things that i might buy!!!

yes, unironically it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pagancow posted:

WAAA i hate the thing that allows me to enjoy this entertainment for free instead of being asked to pay $20 for it!!!!
that's why the stadium, field, walls, commentators, and players aren't allowed to have ads plastered all over them

• Locked thread