Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Batman scaled Buckingham Palace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Chicago's Jewish community embraces first-round Chicago Bears draft pick Gabe Carimi

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
* The United States approves a US$6 billion arms sales package to Taiwan.

*North Korea fires artillery towards South Korean territory at the Northern Limit Line for a third consecutive day. (Xinhua)

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Oct. 21, 2010: Go Badgers

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
I remember it clearly. It was Christmas, this past Christmas. Someone gave me this account. I started a thread entitled "i got a forums account for xmas," and cried a long, shuttering, deep cry.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Tony Stewart hits, kills walking driver on sprint-car track.

Don't think anything's going to beat Batman scaling Buckingham Palace.

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

youre wife posted:

I remember it clearly. It was Christmas, this past Christmas. Someone gave me this account. I started a thread entitled "i got a forums account for xmas," and cried a long, shuttering, deep cry.

Is there a word for something both funny and tragic?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I looked pretty hard through the first couple results from Google and all I could find was

"William G. Adams, Canadian politician died(b. 1923)"

So basically the most important thing to happen that day in the world was me registering for these forums

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
A building collapses near Dhaka, Bangladesh, killing 1,129 people and injuring 2,500 others. I think ive got the current record for largest death toll.

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
A former secret U.S. military investigative report on Guantanamo Bay is revealed to conclude there is no evidence of systemic detainee abuse but cited several cases of questionable physical force documented on videotape. Prisoners released have stated abuse is commonplace, and one former U.S. National Guardsman received brain damage after being beaten while posing undercover as a rowdy detainee. All Freedom of Information Act requests by the ACLU for video and photographs depicting detainee treatment have been denied.

LOL Whoops

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
Some chess player died.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nothing happened for about 3 months OP.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
BTK Killer was arrested.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I quit smoking

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
It was the most I've ever masturbated in one day.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Give Pat a Job posted:

It was the most I've ever masturbated in one day.

DPPH was the tits

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
the oklahoma state senate passed a bill making watermelon the official state vegetable even though it is not a vegetable

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

hahaha, WoW released. fuckin lameass nerds

Dan Rather retired too i guess

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i got drunk and regged

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

i got drunk and regged

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamabad_Marriott_Hotel_bombing

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Touchdown Jesus was struck by lightning and burned down.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:911:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

*Rolling Blackouts on forums*

$10?! What a rip off! :argh:

Later

$10, whatever

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Bradley Manning was convicted.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
The death toll in Japan from Typhoon Talas reaches 54, with 55 people still missing.

Medieval Medic fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 27, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kuato posted:

BTK Killer was arrested.

What's up BTK bro he started serving ten consecutive life sentences on my regdate

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
This man died. Famous playwright from Sri Lanka, many awards, many woks. A good man probably.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
It was christmas

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Rap Music and Dope posted:

It was christmas

It must have been a very sad and lonely Christmas to have made you want to sign up.

Buff Baby
Jan 7, 2008

As a human being, I'm embarrassed.
maybe it was a christmas present! don't judge

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

racist

dogcheese
Apr 1, 2004

A bunch of people got fooled.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

wrong race, b8'd nerd :greenangel:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Regdate Check:, back in a bit:

E: Not much -

Talks between Iran and three European Union members, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom, on the Iranian nuclear program end without an agreement and no further meetings planned. Iran has offered a six-month suspension of its uranium enrichment program. The European Union seeks an indefinite halt to the program. The issue is expected to be referred to the United Nations Security Council at the November 25 meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency. (Reuters) Others report, however, that a preliminary agreement has been reached. (AP) (BBC)

An express train has collided with a stationary car near the village of Ufton Nervet, England. It is thought that nine carriages of the 17:35 First Great Western service between London Paddington and Plymouth have been derailed. Six people have reportedly been killed, with around 150 more injured. (BBC)

An Indian spokesman says the Indian Army has been conducting counter-insurgency operations on the border of Burma. Two Indian soldiers and 13 rebels have been killed so far. (BBC)

Chilean army commander General Juan Emilio Cheyre releases a statement saying abuses under Augusto Pinochet were "punishable and morally unacceptable acts of the past", reversing its previous stance that they were excesses carried out by individual officers. (BBC)

African Union mediators adjourn negotiations with Sudan on the Darfur conflict after numerous security issues are not agreed upon, mainly a no-fly zone in Darfur. (Reuters)(BBC)

Conflict in Iraq: Three suicide car bombs in Samarra kill 19 Iraqi police, two Iraqi National Guardsmen, two Iraqi Rapid Reaction Forces, and 11 civilians, with 48 wounded. In Ramadi, an Iraqi is killed and 20 U.S. Marines are wounded after a shoot-out between the Marines and rebels. A physician at Fallujah General Hospital reports two dead and maintains no foreign fighters have been admitted to his hospital. (Reuters)(BBC)

Nine French peacekeepers and a U.S. citizen are killed in the rebel-held town of Bouake in Côte d'Ivoire after government warplanes bomb the town to root out insurgents. In response, the French military launches attacks which destroy two warplanes at Yamoussoukro airport. (CNN) (BBC)

At an anti-nuclear waste shipment protest rally near the French town of Avricourt a protester, Sébastien Briat, is killed after a train severs his leg. The 23-year-old French man was protesting against the CASTOR transport. (BBC)
Arab-Israeli Conflict: The Lebanese Militant group, Hezbollah, has flown a reconnaissance drone over Israeli territory for the first time. (BBC)

Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites is officially awarded the Ansari X Prize for the first privately funded space flight. (AP)

The Iraq interim government declares a state of emergency ahead of an expected assault on the rebel stronghold of Fallujah.

Illness of Yasser Arafat: A spokesman for Yasser Arafat claims that all the Palestinian president's vital functions are fine although it remains unclear why Arafat has not regained consciousness and if or when he will. (AP) (The Age)

The Ralph Nader/Peter Camejo campaign has filed a challenge to the voting results in New Hampshire after receiving numerous complaints from voting rights activists. This effort is widely encouraged by Democrats and Independents due to suspected flaws related to Diebold Election Systems voting machines. (Portland Independent Media Center) (Nashua Telegraph)

Also, Blogger Con III, and some lady named Elizabeth Rogers kicked it. (May 18, 1934 – November 6, 2004) was an American actress. Born Betty Jayne Rogers in Austin, Texas

Clockwork Sputnik fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 27, 2015

Beige
Sep 13, 2004

dogcheese posted:

A bunch of people got fooled.

God drat you have 0.00 posts per day. What do you even do here?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Programmers' Day and International Chocolate Day.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The worst person ever to join the forums regged

Then I did a few min later

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
free registration but you had to notify your neighbors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU